ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 172
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:36 AM 01-15-2015
i'm doing a tuning workshop this saturday.... learnin time.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:58 AM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That sounds like a good plan. I'm thinking of hitting Sturgis one of these years, perhaps this year. I've never been during bike week (was there in 2000 the week leading up to the rally). Kind of like you, just something I want to cross off my bucket list.
This year is the 75th anniversary, going to be crowded as fuck. I've been thinking about going, need to plan something soon though. I went two years ago and had a blast, lots of cool rides.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:01 AM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by Zeke:
i'm doing a tuning workshop this saturday.... learnin time.
the one out at Rawhide?
[Reply]
Dayze 10:04 AM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
This year is the 75th anniversary, going to be crowded as ****. I've been thinking about going, need to plan something soon though. I went two years ago and had a blast, lots of cool rides.
I read estimates that they're expecteing 1 million people.

not sure how they come up with their estimates, but I bet it's pretty accurate. I think the last few years it's been right about that 600-700k people mark. and also read something that anniversaries ending in a 0 or 5 tend to have a pretty noticeable jump in attendance.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:31 AM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by Dayze:
the one out at Rawhide?
That's the one!
[Reply]
Dayze 01:10 PM 01-15-2015
also, FWIW....
If anyone is planning on going to the bike show, you can stop by Worth HD and pick up a $5 off coupon for the show. During lunch, I swung by and picked up a few for my buddies and I. Not sure if they're available on Saturday to pick up on your way to the show, but they have them now.
....and I drooled over the new Road Glide. GD beautfiul bike, and I've never been really hip to the RG. It's awesome.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:30 PM 01-15-2015
Let's get a discussion started about some 2015 rides! I'm thinking sturgis, Daytona, bikers blues whatever, even some bike rallies at the lake of the ozarks, a tail of the dragon ride, etc. not all of us can make them all, but wanted to gauge some interest in doing a couple big rides with some CP riders.

Sturgis planning is already under way. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2013 6x12 trailer, bumper pull, holds 2 bikes for 3k.

Camping at some sites is only around 50-70 bucks a person for the whole week. All the gear can go in the trailer, any one or two needing a break from riding can put their bike in the trailer, and this will be my second sturgis trip so I'm familiar with some of the rides to go on while there.

Conversely staying at a place like buffalo chip would be about 200 bucks higher per person for the week, but that includes all the concerts and many more food and drink options at night, and a safe walk back to the tent instead of riding.

It may just be me and Mrs Coffey for now, the group I went with last year is planning one, but one guy and I are suddenly not getting along so I'm on my own. But it's possible I'll be bringing another cop or three with me from st louis still.

Anyway, any interest in discussing some group rides?
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:33 PM 01-15-2015
Worst case scenerio, meet up for one ride while there, if a few groups are going from different spots.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:36 AM 01-16-2015
Heck yeah!

Sturgis – we’re planning on being there I think the 1st of August, and headed back to KC on the 7th. We elected to stay in Wall, SD which is about 80 miles from Sturgis proper . when we booked our stuff back in September it was quite amazing the price jump for rally week. Hell, in Wall, I think the same room (had we booked about a week after we did) was going to jump to about $250 per night (as opposed to the $60 it is now I think). So anyone considering going and haven’t made reservations yet – be prepared for sticker shock. Or consider camping. This will be our first year going . we plan on doing the ‘Sturgis’ thing maybe a few hours on 2 separate dates, or maybe just spending nearly an entire day there . The rest of the time we’ll be riding. I know for sure one day during our stay, we’re making the treck out to Devil’s Tower in Wyoming.

Bikers Blues and BBQ – we plan on going again this year (September I believe) . My dad lives in Bella Vista, so we usually stay there. Last year was great. Only did a few hours of the actual rally and spent the rest of the time riding around Eureka Springs and ended up hitting the Pig Trail. Definitely going back. Same goes for this event at BBB; big price spikes in lodging rally weekend. And things book up fast I believe – so anyone considering going might want to book their stuff now.

Ozark Mountain Thunder Rally – in Branson. We did this one last year (in June I think). It’s definitely a smaller rally by comparison (most are lol). I think it was only the 2nd year of its’ existence. We stayed at a hotel right at the rally site. They had a big in-field area where the stage/concerts went on etc. pricing was reasonable by comparison to the bigger rallies. You’re in the heart of Branson so traffic was a mother fucker. So be prepared for that on the main strip. We’re hoping to go back for this one too. Really enjoyed it.

I think it would be a blast to ride with come CPers if they’re at the same rallies etc. definitely need to keep this thread updated as rally dates approach to hook up for a ride.

I’d like to do, what I’ve dubbed, a ‘Burger Run’. Meet up locally with some of you homos, and ride out somewhere to get a burger/grub for lunch at some hole in the wall somewhere outside of town some Saturday or Sunday.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:40 AM 01-16-2015
Rumored 2016 Triumph Street Tracker R

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/12/18...le-spy-photos/
[Reply]
seaofred 11:43 AM 01-17-2015
Well, finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Vance & Hines... Now they can't get her soon enough.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:29 PM 01-17-2015
I might be going up to Sturgis this year..it would be cool to meet up and ride together..as time gets closer we will definitely need to make plans
[Reply]
Dayze 10:25 PM 01-17-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
I might be going up to Sturgis this year..it would be cool to meet up and ride together..as time gets closer we will definitely need to make plans
Right on. Keep checking/posting in this thread. More than welcome to meet up with our group on the way up or down back to KC.

Be sure to check out lodging or camping now if you're planning going. We made our reservations. 80 miles outside of sturgis last august for this years rally and snagged the last room they had.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:26 PM 01-17-2015
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Well, finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Vance & Hines... Now they can't get her soon enough.
Sweet. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 10:35 PM 01-17-2015
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Heck yeah!

Sturgis – we’re planning on being there I think the 1st of August, and headed back to KC on the 7th. We elected to stay in Wall, SD which is about 80 miles from Sturgis proper . when we booked our stuff back in September it was quite amazing the price jump for rally week. Hell, in Wall, I think the same room (had we booked about a week after we did) was going to jump to about $250 per night (as opposed to the $60 it is now I think). So anyone considering going and haven’t made reservations yet – be prepared for sticker shock. Or consider camping. This will be our first year going . we plan on doing the ‘Sturgis’ thing maybe a few hours on 2 separate dates, or maybe just spending nearly an entire day there . The rest of the time we’ll be riding. I know for sure one day during our stay, we’re making the treck out to Devil’s Tower in Wyoming.

Bikers Blues and BBQ – we plan on going again this year (September I believe) . My dad lives in Bella Vista, so we usually stay there. Last year was great. Only did a few hours of the actual rally and spent the rest of the time riding around Eureka Springs and ended up hitting the Pig Trail. Definitely going back. Same goes for this event at BBB; big price spikes in lodging rally weekend. And things book up fast I believe – so anyone considering going might want to book their stuff now.

Ozark Mountain Thunder Rally – in Branson. We did this one last year (in June I think). It’s definitely a smaller rally by comparison (most are lol). I think it was only the 2nd year of its’ existence. We stayed at a hotel right at the rally site. They had a big in-field area where the stage/concerts went on etc. pricing was reasonable by comparison to the bigger rallies. You’re in the heart of Branson so traffic was a mother ****er. So be prepared for that on the main strip. We’re hoping to go back for this one too. Really enjoyed it.

I think it would be a blast to ride with come CPers if they’re at the same rallies etc. definitely need to keep this thread updated as rally dates approach to hook up for a ride.

I’d like to do, what I’ve dubbed, a ‘Burger Run’. Meet up locally with some of you homos, and ride out somewhere to get a burger/grub for lunch at some hole in the wall somewhere outside of town some Saturday or Sunday.
Oh,man. I seriously would love to do Sturgis this year. We were there camping in 2000 the week leading up to the rally. 3 out of every 4 vehicles going west on that main interstate highway (I90?) was a bike or a vehicle pulling a bike trailer. I so need to experience this.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 172
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152 > Last »
Up