Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
MTG#10 04:00 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Says the guy saying "this market sucks" every day in the investing thread, while the S&P gained 10% through the first 4 months of the year.

:-)
The stock market has sucked, a shit-ton more people are having their asses handed to them this year compared to before this geriatric **** took office, no matter how much you want to lie to yourself.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:00 PM 05-15-2021
If I have a total of $5k for my life savings, a $500 a month car payment, haven't paid child support in 3 years and currently receive unemployment, how much of my savings should I commit?
All of it. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 04:04 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
The stock market has sucked, a shit-ton more people are having their asses handed to them this year compared to before this geriatric **** took office, no matter how much you want to lie to yourself.
The market is cyclical, but continue to allow yourself to feel it's on whatever president is currently in office.

We're going to get a large run into summer on stocks is my feeling. Who will get your credit then?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:08 PM 05-15-2021
If I have a total of $5k for my life savings, a $500 a month car payment, haven't paid child support in 3 years and currently receive unemployment, how much of my savings should I commit?
10%
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:10 PM 05-15-2021
Asking for Billay?
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:11 PM 05-15-2021
The market is cyclical, but continue to allow yourself to feel it's on whatever president is currently in office.

We're going to get a large run into summer on stocks is my feeling. Who will get your credit then?
If things go back to the way they have been (if I start making money again investing the same way I've been) the last 4 years and gas/food prices get back to normal I'll vote for another 4 years of Grandpa Joe. Told you before, I'm selfish and only care about my money when it comes to who I vote for. I couldn't care less about what party they belong to.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:13 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Asking for Billay?
Billay ain't got close enough to knock up a woman. Those women place a condom inside themselves before going into his apartment.

Originally Posted by MTG#10:
If things go back to the way they have been (if I start making money again investing the same way I've been) the last 4 years and gas/food prices get back to normal I'll vote for another 4 years of Grandpa Joe. Told you before, I'm selfish and only care about my money when it comes to who I vote for. I couldn't care less about what party they belong to.
Fair enough.

Meet me at the statue....for a beer!
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 04:24 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Elon and his liberal elite Green Agenda buddies are crashing the market.

Rough times ahead.
No, He's not. BTC is an illiquid market. It doesn't take a whole lot to create big swings in price (and subsequent valuation). I don't have a vested interest in BTC one way or another; I didn't get into it because I didn't understand it, or more precisely the market behavior behind it. I tip my hat to those of you who've made a killing at it and to those of you who may yet make a killing at it. I hate Peter Theil with the heat of a thousand suns, but I think he is right about BTC being a Chinese weapon.

Here is what I don't understand about BTC market behavior: I've seen BTC transactions for .002 of a bitcoin have a $100 impact on the price of BTC. Given that there are currently ~18.5M bitcoins in circulation. That single transaction--which at the time I calculated to be worth $99.16 given the price of BTC at the time (note, that is the total value of the transaction, not the change in bitcoin price; the change in bitcoin price was actually slightly higher than the value of the transaction)--resulted in a swing of about $1.9B in total bitcoin valuation.

So what do you think is going to happen when China starts dumping bitcoin? They are using state resources to mine bitcoin. Chances are they bought up a lot of bitcoin when it was quite a bit cheaper. It doesn't take a whole lot of BTC in terms of volume to significantly move the price either up or down.

Given that relatively small transactions can have outsized impact on price (in either direction), what happens when China decides to screw us over economically and starts selling BTC en masse? The anonymity behind BTC doesn't just protect individuals; it also protects state actors.

Best of luck to all of you.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:59 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Cardano is fine but it just pumped massively
I converted a bunch of Free Coinbase coins into Cardana. I hope it keeps going up!
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:13 PM 05-15-2021
this thread is embarrassing
[Reply]
rydogg58 05:39 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Don't sleep on safemoon, low risk high reward because it's so cheap. You can get a lot for low amount of money. Big things are being worked on by the developers and they're transparent on what they're doing. I just bought another 20 million so 33 million in total
I keep seeing people talk about this. I literally have zero clue what it even is. Point me in the direction of somewhere to explain what it is so I can read it and pretend I'm interested in what my wife is looking at while pushing the cart at Kirklands. Thanks.
[Reply]
Trivers 05:57 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Don't sleep on safemoon, low risk high reward because it's so cheap. You can get a lot for low amount of money. Big things are being worked on by the developers and they're transparent on what they're doing. I just bought another 20 million so 33 million in total

Will do. where did you buy it? I don't see it on Pro Coinbase. Thanks!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:08 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
I keep seeing people talk about this. I literally have zero clue what it even is. Point me in the direction of somewhere to explain what it is so I can read it and pretend I'm interested in what my wife is looking at while pushing the cart at Kirklands. Thanks.
Go to their website

https://safemoon.net/

Also check their reddit but stay away from the sunshine pumping. I'm definitely not saying throw thousands of dollars at it unless you have that much to lose. I'm just really feeling this one and the last one I had this feeling with was ethereum. This is definitely not financial advice and right now it takes work to even get them.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:09 PM 05-15-2021
I'm only in it around 300$ so I'm definitely not all in but it's a lottery ticket I'm willing to take a chance on.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:10 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Will do. where did you buy it? I don't see it on Pro Coinbase. Thanks!
I recommend googling it because they are much clearer on how you get them. I personally bought bnb through trust wallet and then connected the wallet to an exchange called pancakeswap and swapped the bnb to safemoon. Hoping crypto.com will list it soon to make it more accessible
[Reply]
Page 184 of 261
« First < 84134174180181182183184 185186187188194234 > Last »
Up