ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
staylor26 12:49 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I mean the way i view that draft is a lot of high floor contributors, and this is the one where Veach said "Jesus look at this guy. Kpass with better athleticism. Time to roll the dice." You took likely contributors in Bolton and Creed then turned around for upside swings on Kaindoh and Gray. The pick i didnt get even for a 5th rounder was Cornell Powell. I just never saw it at all. The rest i could at least envision the upside.
Yea and to add to that context, EDGE was a huge position of need that they missed out on early. When that happens, you might as well take a huge swing on that position on day 3.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:59 PM 08-22-2022
Edge is always a good spot to take a chance. It's hard to find "the guy" outside the first and its almost always the early first. If he gets cut today id say its slightly worse than Kpass and still ahead of speaks on pass rush wiffs.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:41 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
An end of the 4th round pick, who has prototypical size and speed? Also coming from a college whos been notorious for not developing talent. Thats the exact kind of swing good Gm's make. Was there someone there at that pick you felt like secured us last seasons super bowl?
Yeah sure, swing away on the length. I'm not sure the "college notorious for not developing talent" is a good argument for the pick, is it? This is the stuff I don't get, it's not a great pick because it wasn't a good evaluation of his actual rather than imagined talents. As you say, not a huge deal in R4. But no-one's suggesting it's a good pick.

As for better players, sure, Trey Smith was better at that pick. Good on Veach for holding his nerve I guess. I could say Nate Hobbs but actually I liked Tay Gowan and Thomas Graham and they seem to have been turd. I think we can admit a bad pick without pretending we're GM material.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:43 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yeah sure, swing away on the length. I'm not sure the "college notorious for not developing talent" is a good argument for the pick, is it? This is the stuff I don't get, it's not a great pick because it wasn't a good evaluation of his actual rather than imagined talents. As you say, not a huge deal in R4. But no-one's suggesting it's a good pick.

As for better players, sure, Trey Smith was better at that pick. Good on Veach for holding his nerve I guess. I could say Nate Hobbs but actually I liked Tay Gowan and Thomas Graham and they seem to have been turd. I think we can admit a bad pick without pretending we're GM material.
But if every day 3 pick that doesn't work out is a "bad pick", then the overwhelming majority of day 3 picks are bad picks.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:55 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But if every day 3 pick that doesn't work out is a "bad pick", then the overwhelming majority of day 3 picks are bad picks.
It's "not a great pick". Think that's fair. Maybe a "meh pick" maybe not a "bad pick". But yeah I get the point, you're not getting lots of great picks in later rounds. Good chance he contributes nothing at all at this stage though.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:01 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
It's "not a great pick". Think that's fair. Maybe a "meh pick" maybe not a "bad pick". But yeah I get the point, you're not getting lots of great picks in later rounds. Good chance he contributes nothing at all at this stage though.
Fair enough.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Up