ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 46
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Video Shows Fatal Shooting of Ahmaud Arbery
BigRichard 05:38 AM 05-06-2020
I suspect these idiots are going to hang at this point... no pun intended.

Someone have a quick way to embed that video at the link?

#AhmaudArbery This is the full video footage of this awful murder. No words to describe this awful, horrible thing they did to this innocent young man who was just jogging. pic.twitter.com/tXlu174PeP

— thatboy (@thatbator) May 6, 2020

Originally Posted by :
The fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery -- a 25-year-old black man out for a jog when he was chased and killed -- was caught on video, prompting a call for a grand jury to review the case.

Arbery's death is being referred to as a modern-day lynching, as he was unarmed when he was gunned down in Brunswick, GA on February 23 by a white citizen named Travis McMichael ... who has not been arrested or charged. He also happens to be the son of a former district attorney investigator.

As you can see in the video, Arbery was jogging when he was stopped by McMichael and his father in a white pickup truck. McMichael was armed with a shotgun. Arbery appears to attempt to run around the truck before he and McMichael start grappling.

After at least 2 shots, the men continued struggling over the gun ... until Arbery stumbles away, shot in the mid-section, and then collapses to the ground. He was later pronounced dead.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/05/shoot...orgia-jogging/
On a side note here, this is what pisses me off the most about a lot of media sources. When i searched for this video I got several named media sites and every last one of the ****ers were cutting up the video and not showing the entire thing and also adding there own color commentary(still no pun intended). Just show me the ****ing video and let me make up my own decision. TMZ was about the only one who just showed the video clip from start to end. :-) Sorry, I am off my pedestal now.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:45 AM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
To take my earlier post further.....I didn't know there was a struggle over the gun until I read it here. All I heard was an old white guy and his son killed a black kid while he was supposedly out for a run, and then a deep dive into the racist history of the old white guy. That's what the MSM focuses on, because it sells papers and creates division. Hell, most every liberal leaning friend I have on FB is linking the story right now and talking about how racism is alive and well in the 21st Century in America, but not a peep about the struggle for the gun much, just racists everywhere.
Yeah there is absolutely going to be a bias from our media (we don't have journalists in this country any more) who will play up any angle they can to get as much interaction as possible on any story they choose to disseminate.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:46 AM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
You don't know if you can do it until you try it. And, since most people don't keep their wayback machine in their pocket, a do over isn't really feasible.
I agree with your first sentence. The second is just unnecessary snark.

There exists a great many things we don't just throw our hat in the ring for without some measure of skill/training/understanding. Packing your own parachute is a good non-controversial example.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:47 AM 05-09-2020
To take my earlier post further.....I didn't know there was a struggle over the gun until I read it here. All I heard was an old white guy and his son killed a black kid while he was supposedly out for a run, and then a deep dive into the racist history of the old white guy. That's what the MSM focuses on, because it sells papers and creates division. Hell, most every liberal leaning friend I have on FB is linking the story right now and talking about how racism is alive and well in the 21st Century in America, but not a peep about the struggle for the gun much, just racists everywhere.
Watch the video.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:48 AM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hey, I get it. My point was the McMichaels' 'plan' wasn't well-thought out. Period. They 'funneled Arvery's options both physically and psychologically with that roadblock and question tactic. It was dangerous for everyone concerned. And when you restrict a person's choices that way, and as quickly as they did, you invite a "fight aor flight" response. that was my point.

But (and i haven't looked into Avery's record to be sure of anything yet) if Arbery had the record he's accused of in this thread, and if he really was known by one of the McMichaels, you can understand what happened and why.

Personally, I still don't think they had to confront Arvery in the manner that they did, but i don't think they're probably guilty of murder either. The social justice warriors and so forth will jump on their bandwagons and cry about how Arbery was just a victim of racism, profiling, and even the 2nd Amendment, but the fact is that he was a known criminal running around in a neighborhood a long way from his own. He set himself up by making a lot of bad decisions well before he ran into that roadblock that day.
All of this.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:53 AM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I agree with your first sentence. The second is just unnecessary snark.
I think it was necessary to make sure nobody, including yourself, tried a "yeabut". And your followup

There exists a great many things we don't just throw our hat in the ring for without some measure of skill/training/understanding. Packing your own parachute is a good non-controversial example.
demonstrates that your initial point wasn't really made in good faith, thus making the snark both absolutely justified and, sadly, insufficient to prevent silly "yeabut" responses.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:53 AM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Yeah, let's not try and convince people to not be piece of shit criminals.

Let's try to convince people to let known violent criminals just wander aimlessly through our neighborhoods.

That sounds like a great idea (to a dumbass).
This just hyperbole. It's not a binary situation.

If Arbery was too stupid and unskilled at being a criminal and obstructing justice and being a thief, as has been proven by his previous arrests, then maybe he should've given up being a thief and obstructing justice.

Ever think of that?
I said my comment was not taking sides. I in no way defended his criminal record. Hell, I didn't even mention it. Did you gloss over that?

Again, it's not binary. Arbery can be terrible at being a criminal and these guys can be terrible at making a citizen's arrest. They are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true. Ever think of that?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:54 AM 05-09-2020
All the more reason to wait for the police in a very calm and rational manner. Running, then grabbing at the gun? Those are TERRIBLE decisions.
Yeah, reasonable to expect a guy at gunpoint to act calm and rationally. As much as you want to continue to put the guy held at gunpoint at fault, with zero fault whatsoever to the ordinary citizen who moved ahead of him and threatened him with a gun. Who exactly was acting in self defense first?
[Reply]
-King- 11:56 AM 05-09-2020
Wtf are you talking about? The video is on every website you come across. Everybody knows about the fight for the gun. That's where the self defense argument is coming from. Arbery had a right to fight for his life.
[Reply]
-King- 11:58 AM 05-09-2020
Correct

Here's the deal, though :

The elder McMichaels worked as a DA and KNEW Arbery from prosecuting him.

McMichaels KNEW that Arbery did not live there, and was a violent criminal.

I served a 120 in St Joe for a weed charge back in 2004. I was seeing a girl from Savannah. Sgt Guyer asked me where I was going to be living when i left and i told him "probably Savannah where my girlfriend lives".

Sgt Guyer looked me right in the eye and told me in front of God and everyone on the wing : "that's my neck of the woods, and boy, let me warn you, if you **** around up there and I come across you, I'll kill you first and ask questions later."

I'm sure that big, dumb redneck meant it. I'm sure he remembers the people who are incarcerated on his wing, just like prosecutors remember the criminals they prosecute.
Link to where you saw that McMichaels knew and prosecuted Arbery. Also, remember how you talked about there supposedly being a string of robberies in the neighborhood? Turns out there's only been 1 report in the past 3 months. That's a really short string.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:58 AM 05-09-2020

I said my comment was not taking sides. I in no way defended his criminal record. Hell, I didn't even mention it. Did you gloss over that?

Again, it's not binary. Arbery can be terrible at being a criminal and these guys can be terrible at making a citizen's arrest. They are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true. Ever think of that?
Yup. If he committed a crime then call the police and let them do their job. Use whatever means necessary within a citizen's LIMITED police powers if needed. We do not need ordinary citizens believing they can play cops and robbers with loaded firearms and taking matters into their own hands.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:58 AM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I think it was necessary to make sure nobody, including yourself, tried a "yeabut". And your followup

demonstrates that your initial point wasn't really made in good faith, thus making the snark both absolutely justified and, sadly, insufficient to prevent silly "yeabut" responses.
You're not as clever as you think you are. Everything I post is in good faith. I'm not one of these trolls that just spews shit on this site. I also left politics out of what I said, on purpose. Nothing I said was a "yeabut."

If you don't have a certain level of skill in an area, doing something as dangerous as making a citizen's arrest is a bad idea. Flat out. I'd say this if they got themselves killed over it as well. My point isn't defending anyone or taking a political stance.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:02 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah, reasonable to expect a guy at gunpoint to act calm and rationally. As much as you want to continue to put the guy held at gunpoint at fault, with zero fault whatsoever to the ordinary citizen who moved ahead of him and threatened him with a gun. Who exactly was acting in self defense first?
Ummm :

Originally Posted by listopencil:
Depends on the situation. If somebody has the drop on you and they haven't fired yet, you'd best calm your ass down for a little bit and see what they have to say.
This. Still.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:04 PM 05-09-2020

They weren't terrible, because whether the criminal winds up dead or in jail, they've protected their community.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:05 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yup. If he committed a crime then call the police and let them do their job. Use whatever means necessary within a citizen's LIMITED police powers if needed. We do not need ordinary citizens believing they can play cops and robbers with loaded firearms and taking matters into their own hands.
They did call the police.

They asked Arbery to wait.

He ran.

They followed, armed because he's a known violent criminal.

He tried to take the gun from the elder McMichaels, and got ventilated in the process.

End of story.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:07 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wtf are you talking about? The video is on every website you come across. Everybody knows about the fight for the gun. That's where the self defense argument is coming from. Arbery had a right to fight for his life.
Arbery's life was never in danger until his stupid worthless ass reached for the gun.

You're so fucking stupid, you don't understand that.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 46
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up