ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Arbery Jury has a verdict
tooge 01:11 PM 11-24-2021
Guilty!!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:51 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Nope. Go back and read what I posted. The law does not require they have to witness a crime but provides two measures of certainty that can be used for a crime, one which uses probable cause and how that applied. If you're going to ignore it, then there's no communication happening and so I am done discussing it with you.You're going into strawman-land. This is the second time you've responded in a void.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1753

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...1&postcount=30
In bep land we talk about individual freedoms but provide no rights to individuals walking down the street. You can't citizens arrest someone just because you have a vague suspicion or a hunch. You realize why this understandably terrifies a minority who doesn't want to be profiled. With all the Karens in the world who call cops on their neighbors who wants to live in a world where citizens have a broad interpretation of when they can use force. Citizens should be held to a way higher standard because they are usually not qualified to investigate and extremely inexperienced at managing confrontation.

The fact that you think citizens should have more police powers than police themselves is flat out disturbing.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 12:30 PM Yesterday
Cases like these don't need explaining most times.....you'll always have people that purposely and firmly stand opposite the majority.

Ruling in favor of the defense sets a precedent that foreshadows a return to the wild wild west....not acknowledging that is willful ignorance. Although, I'm sure there's a segment of the population that would welcome that.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:55 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Cases like these don't need explaining most times.....you'll always have people that purposely and firmly stand opposite the majority.

Ruling in favor of the defense sets a precedent that foreshadows a return to the wild wild west....not acknowledging that is willful ignorance. Although, I'm sure there's a segment of the population that would welcome that.
The minority that are unhappy with this verdict is nothing compared to the Rittenhouse trial..
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:24 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
In bep land we talk about individual freedoms but provide no rights to individuals walking down the street. You can't citizens arrest someone just because you have a vague suspicion or a hunch. You realize why this understandably terrifies a minority who doesn't want to be profiled. With all the Karens in the world who call cops on their neighbors who wants to live in a world where citizens have a broad interpretation of when they can use force. Citizens should be held to a way higher standard because they are usually not qualified to investigate and extremely inexperienced at managing confrontation.

The fact that you think citizens should have more police powers than police themselves is flat out disturbing.
If only a single thing you claim here applies to this case. You continually spew nonsense based on lies and MSM narratives.

I'm not saying these guys weren't guilty of something ,but Arbury was not a jogger was not minding his own business and his fears weren't simply because he worried these guys randomly attacked him. He was a criminal who had been doing criminal things and knew he was being caught doing criminal things.

The proper response would have been to call 911 and let the police handle it but stop spreading bullshit.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:26 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
If only a single thing you claim here applies to this case. You continually spew nonsense based on lies and MSM narratives.

I'm not saying these guys weren't guilty of something ,but Arbury was not a jogger was not minding his own business and his fears weren't simply because he worried these guys randomly attacked him. He was a criminal who had been doing criminal things and knew he was being caught doing criminal things.

The proper response would have been to call 911 and let the police handle it but stop spreading bullshit.
If you would stop cherry picking my comments you'd see that I acknowledged long ago that Arbery was in a construction site. But mcmichael, not the MSM, stated they didn't see an actual crime committed. So to them all they saw was a guy running from them and they used that as an excuse to pursue him. It doesn't matter what Arbery was actually doing. What matters is what the McMichaels thought they saw. And they admitted to having seen pretty much nothing.
[Reply]
Pogue 03:18 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Nope. Go back and read what I posted. The law does not require they have to witness a crime but provides two measures of certainty that can be used for a crime, one which uses probable cause and how that applied. If you're going to ignore it, then there's no communication happening and so I am done discussing it with you.You're going into strawman-land. This is the second time you've responded in a void.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1753

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...1&postcount=30
Again, you didnít watch any testimony of Travis McMichael. They didnít see any crime happen nor did they hear one happen. They based everything on assumptions. I just watched the Sargeant Nohilly testimony and it wrecked any ďprobable causeĒ the defendants might have had.

Originally Posted by :
Nohilly, a Glynn County police criminal investigator at the time, spoke with Gregory McMichael the evening after the shooting at police department headquarters. On Wednesday he read from a transcript of his recorded interview with the elder McMichael.

According to his transcript, Nohilly asked McMichael, "Did this guy break into a house today?"

"Well that's just it. I don't know," McMichael responded, according to the transcript.
They didnít know. None of the statements showed they knew a crime happened. They didnít tell Arbery they were performing a citizens arrest, nor did they say for what. They were the aggressors and itís tough to prove self defense in that instance. They were very stupid and not thinking things through.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:53 PM Yesterday
Not going to read this thread. Just glad these guys got what was coming to them. Fucking idiots, burn in hell.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 05:21 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If you would stop cherry picking my comments you'd see that I acknowledged long ago that Arbery was in a construction site. But mcmichael, not the MSM, stated they didn't see an actual crime committed. So to them all they saw was a guy running from them and they used that as an excuse to pursue him. It doesn't matter what Arbery was actually doing. What matters is what the McMichaels thought they saw. And they admitted to having seen pretty much nothing.
I agree that as a matter of law the McMichaels are guilty here. What bothers me is if the situation were exactly the same except Arbery was shot by cops, it wouldn't be murder. It was also mentioned in this thread regarding the retired cop, "Once a cop, always a cop" and I think there is a lot of truth to that. Last I agree with that line from the movie Unforgiven that was mentioned a couple of times in this thread already, "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Again, you didn’t watch any testimony of Travis McMichael. They didn’t see any crime happen nor did they hear one happen. They based everything on assumptions. I just watched the Sargeant Nohilly testimony and it wrecked any “probable cause” the defendants might have had.



They didn’t know. None of the statements showed they knew a crime happened. They didn’t tell Arbery they were performing a citizens arrest, nor did they say for what. They were the aggressors and it’s tough to prove self defense in that instance. They were very stupid and not thinking things through.
Why are you beating a dead horse a la Donger? I don't agree with you, and I don't agree they're guilty as a matter of law either. I also think the jury may have been eager to get it done before Thanksgiving, so they practically declared everyone guilty of nearly everything. Lots of appeal opportunities with this one—largely because of the judge playing Pontius Pilate.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:43 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Why are you beating a dead horse a la Donger? I don't agree with you, and I don't agree they're guilty as a matter of law either. I also think the jury may have been eager to get it done before Thanksgiving, so they practically declared everyone guilty of nearly everything. Lots of appeal opportunities with this one—largely because of the judge playing Pontius Pilate.
No answer as to why the McMichaels didn’t have a clue as to what was going on that day per their statements & testimony? In their own words, they did not know what Arbery did. So citizens arrest is not applicable in this instance.

Your post is just speculation.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
I agree that as a matter of law the McMichaels are guilty here. What bothers me is if the situation were exactly the same except Arbery was shot by cops, it wouldn't be murder. It was also mentioned in this thread regarding the retired cop, "Once a cop, always a cop" and I think there is a lot of truth to that. Last I agree with that line from the movie Unforgiven that was mentioned a couple of times in this thread already, "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
What should be just as disturbing is that the cops would probably get away with this too. Maybe moreso because they control the investigation, can easily invent a story to save their ass (props to the McMichaels for being honest) and have even deeper connections than mcmichael to keep these matters silent. Remember that nurse who was wrongfully arrested for not giving up patient records? Only came to light because the hospital had video and only months after it happened.

But two key things cops bring that vigilantes don't....experience and perceived authority. How is a person being pursued supposed to differentiate mcmichael from some crazy Lynch mob? How was trayvon Martin to know why some creepy stranger was following him? Zimmerman never announced he was neighborhood watch. HUGE tactical mistake. It doesn't sound like McMichael made it clear either why they were chasing arbery down and holding him at gunpoint. An off duty officer can flash their badge. A retired cop can get charged with impersonating an officer. Just one of many examples why citizens have way more obligation to be responsible and how even an experienced cop made a series of very costly tactical mistakes that day.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up