ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:33 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Speaking of cats. I lost my little guy four months ago and in a few months will be ready for a new friend. What is the best cat breed out there? I just like them to be friendly, affectionate, playful, willing to sleep by you. I don't know that I would be ready for a Bengal or something that would trash my house if I left it alone for a day and forgot to play with him/her for 30 min a day. Dont care how they are with children or how they interact with other visitors.
Just go to a shelter. Within 30 seconds you'll know which ones will be affectionate by how eager they are to see a visitor.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:36 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Just go to a shelter. Within 30 seconds you'll know which ones will be affectionate by how eager they are to see a visitor.
I might do that but I kinda want to get a purebred one. Adopt two kittens at same time so it will have a friend when Im away.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:39 PM 03-25-2023
I might do that but I kinda want to get a purebred one. Adopt two kittens at same time so it will have a friend when Im away.
Really want to put the equivalent of a house down payment on a couple of kittens?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:40 PM 03-25-2023
Speaking of cats. I lost my little guy four months ago and in a few months will be ready for a new friend. What is the best cat breed out there? I just like them to be friendly, affectionate, playful, willing to sleep by you. I don't know that I would be ready for a Bengal or something that would trash my house if I left it alone for a day and forgot to play with him/her for 30 min a day. Dont care how they are with children or how they interact with other visitors.
For what you're looking for I don't think breed matters. My advice would be when you're ready start visiting animal shelters and spend time with them. You'll know pretty quickly if a cat is willing to accept you. If you're looking for a kitten you can also monitor the shelters for mom's with litters that will be up for adoption. That's what I've done. They'll each have a different personality and you'll know quickly if one is playful and affectionate.
[Reply]
scho63 08:58 PM 03-25-2023
In 1986 for Christmas, I gave my first real love a Siamese Seal Point kitten as a surprise. It was full of personality and she named him Saki.

He lived a whopping 15 years and she told me it was one of the greatest gifts she ever received.

I tricked her into thinking we were looking at a house to buy and when we came to the living room, under the tree was 6 brand new kittens and she got to pick the one out she wanted. We had to wait two weeks for there first big set of shots and she cried all the way home as she was so happy. I got so much sex for that gift.

Really liked that little bugger.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:04 PM 03-25-2023
I've seen all breeds at shelters at times. The two breeds I've owned are orange Tabby and a Himalayan. I'd compare the Tabby to a terrier, active and friendly, and can say you'd never been in a room by yourself very long living with a Himalayan. I'd take either again. I've heard some cats of certain breeds prefer to be the one and only in the house, not sure how true that is.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:04 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Really want to put the equivalent of a house down payment on a couple of kittens?
Yeah price isn't an issue.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:06 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
For what you're looking for I don't think breed matters. My advice would be when you're ready start visiting animal shelters and spend time with them. You'll know pretty quickly if a cat is willing to accept you. If you're looking for a kitten you can also monitor the shelters for mom's with litters that will be up for adoption. That's what I've done. They'll each have a different personality and you'll know quickly if one is playful and affectionate.
Good idea thank you Ill try that first. Kind of want a more active one and then a more sleepy/snuggly one.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:27 PM 03-25-2023
Good idea thank you Ill try that first. Kind of want a more active one and then a more sleepy/snuggly one.
You could go make/female if they’re litter mates and get both kinda personalities maybe.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 11:21 PM 03-25-2023
No...
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:27 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
In 1986 for Christmas, I gave my first real love a Siamese Seal Point kitten as a surprise. It was full of personality and she named him Saki.

He lived a whopping 15 years and she told me it was one of the greatest gifts she ever received.

I tricked her into thinking we were looking at a house to buy and when we came to the living room, under the tree was 6 brand new kittens and she got to pick the one out she wanted. We had to wait two weeks for there first big set of shots and she cried all the way home as she was so happy. I got so much sex for that gift.

Really liked that little bugger.

So you gave her a pussy just so you can get some pussy. That's irony lol

also well played
[Reply]
notorious 08:14 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
So you gave her a pussy just so you can get some pussy. That's irony lol

also well played
This considered lesbian action?

Asking for a friend.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:12 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If a non-shitty chihuahua exists, I've never encountered it. Nippy, bad tempered, hyper and with constant, piercing barks. I'd sooner have a rattlesnake as a pet. My idiot BIL and his wife have two of them. The only good thing I can say about either is that one of them doesn't suck quite as much as the other.

But as you say, to each their own. I wouldn't give a crap about these two, except that they bring them to the FIL's house for Christmas, and that really sucks.
I had a non-shitty chihuahua. People would freak out about how non-shitty she was. 4 pounds of cuteness and hardly ever barked.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:42 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If you want the weird experience of a cat/dog hybrid, get a Maine Coone.
I had a cat who was either a Maine Coon or a Norwegian Forest Cat. Most likely, he was a Maine Coon, but he was a dead ringer for the pictures that I've seen of Forest Cats.

He was awesome. He was powerfully built and also very affectionate toward both us and our other (tabby) cat. If we were outside and someone walked by on the sidewalk, he would run down to say hello to them. He feared nothing and loved everything. His hobby was climbing ladders.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:53 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I had a cat who was either a Maine Coon or a Norwegian Forest Cat. Most likely, he was a Maine Coon, but he was a dead ringer for the pictures that I've seen of Forest Cats.

He was awesome. He was powerfully built and also very affectionate toward both us and our other (tabby) cat. If we were outside and someone walked by on the sidewalk, he would run down to say hello to them. He feared nothing and loved everything. His hobby was climbing ladders.
Have you ever thought about rescuing an Ermine?
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up