ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 255 of 324
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:36 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Jones sounds like a guy who is worthy of a top contract at his position. I don't see where Wall crawler's problem is.
:-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:17 PM 11-25-2022
Jones sounds like a guy who is worthy of a top contract at his position. I don't see where Wall crawler's problem is.
Cullen has unlocked CJ. Love how much more aggressive our DL looks this year. Even the Shark looks better. That hire may be the thing that propels us to the SB.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:21 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Cullen has unlocked CJ. Love how much more aggressive our DL looks this year. Even the Shark looks better. That hire may be the thing that propels us to the SB.
Where was Cullen before this year? Too lazy to look it up.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:23 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Where was Cullen before this year? Too lazy to look it up.
Jags, he put that 6 point game in Allen last year.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:25 PM 11-25-2022
Jags, he put that 6 point game in Allen last year.
Thank you.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:32 PM 11-25-2022
Here, let me help you with that.

Chris Jones, playing for the Kansas City Chiefs, has had the opportunity to play, to quote our friend jettio, "Tackle football as it is played at the NFL PLAYOFF level" 10 times.

2018. 2 games. 0 tackles. 0 sacks. 4 pass deflections.

2019. 2 games. 3 tackles. 0 sacks 3 pass deflections. 2 hurries.

2020. 3 games. 9 tackles. 0 sacks 3 hurries.

2021. 3 games. 6 tackles (2 for loss!!!!!!!) 0 sacks 2 hurries.

That's TEN playoff games with 18 tackles 0 sacks 7 hurries, and 7 pass deflections.

That's good for an average of 0 sacks 1.8 tackles, 0.7 batted balls, and 0.7 hurries per playoff game.

Is that good? Is that highest paid defender in the league production? Is it even the 60 million guaranteed he got production? I sure don't think so.

By comparison, through 10 regular season games this year he has 9 sacks.

Regular season heroes can be fun to watch. But you get paid the huge money for what you can do in the post season. It sure does look like the funds for his playoff performances have been grossly misallocated.

For a dude referring to himself as "Sack Nation" he sure doesn't live up to that when the lights are brightest.

We expect Mahomes to be superman in the post season. We expect Kelce to beast guys and score tds.

For some reason, Chris Jones gets a pass for absolute mediocrity in the playoffs.

Maybe this year is his year. Playoff game eleven and beyond, to finally bring down a qb in the post season.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:47 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Here, let me help you with that.

Chris Jones, playing for the Kansas City Chiefs, has had the opportunity to play, to quote our friend jettio, "Tackle football as it is played at the NFL PLAYOFF level" 10 times.

2018. 2 games. 0 tackles. 0 sacks. 4 pass deflections.

2019. 2 games. 3 tackles. 0 sacks 3 pass deflections. 2 hurries.

2020. 3 games. 9 tackles. 0 sacks 3 hurries.

2021. 3 games. 6 tackles (2 for loss!!!!!!!) 0 sacks 2 hurries.

That's TEN playoff games with 18 tackles 0 sacks 7 hurries, and 7 pass deflections.

That's good for an average of 0 sacks 1.8 tackles, 0.7 batted balls, and 0.7 hurries per playoff game.

Is that good? Is that highest paid defender in the league production? Is it even the 60 million guaranteed he got production? I sure don't think so.

By comparison, through 10 regular season games this year he has 9 sacks.

Regular season heroes can be fun to watch. But you get paid the huge money for what you can do in the post season. It sure does look like the funds for his playoff performances have been grossly misallocated.

For a dude referring to himself as "Sack Nation" he sure doesn't live up to that when the lights are brightest.

We expect Mahomes to be superman in the post season. We expect Kelce to beast guys and score tds.

For some reason, Chris Jones gets a pass for absolute mediocrity in the playoffs.

Maybe this year is his year. Playoff game eleven and beyond, to finally bring down a qb in the post season.
I’m disappointed with his playoff stats as well, but his DC was Sutton, then when we got Spags he had a DL coach who obviously wasn’t getting the most out of his guys. Now that Cullen is the DL coach, he’s beasting. DCs and DL coaches have a lot to do with how players play the game.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:54 PM 11-25-2022
Chris Jones had a legit argument for Super Bowl MVP and anyone who replies with "BUT HE ONLY HAD A QB HIT AND THREE PASS DEFLECTIONS" doesn't understand football.

FIGHT ME.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:27 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Chris Jones had a legit argument for Super Bowl MVP and anyone who replies with "BUT HE ONLY HAD A QB HIT AND THREE PASS DEFLECTIONS" doesn't understand football.

FIGHT ME.
Agree completely. He took over the 4th quarter.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:45 PM 11-25-2022
I’m disappointed with his playoff stats as well, but his DC was Sutton, then when we got Spags he had a DL coach who obviously wasn’t getting the most out of his guys. Now that Cullen is the DL coach, he’s beasting. DCs and DL coaches have a lot to do with how players play the game.
He does look much better this year, and with 7 games to go is like 5 tackles away from matching his total production from last year.

I don't remember how many games he missed for the wrist last year, one or two, but he's been infinitely better this year, and has had numerous game changing plays this year that we just didn't see last year or the year before. He had the big 4 sack game on prescott and a shitty Cowboys team, and outside of that got 5 sacks in the rest of the games.

Before he hurt Ryan's feelings, he'd ended that game at Indy. That shit was flat out finished.

Sack fumble on Carr that ignited a fury at Arrowhead I've not seen in a looong time.

Huge sack on Herbert's attempt to copycat Mahomes rush up the middle on their final drive.

If this Chris Jones shows up in the playoffs, it's going to be a massive boost to the team.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:53 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Agree completely. He took over the 4th quarter.
Without Chris Jones, we lose that football game 27-17 or something similar.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:47 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Without Chris Jones, we lose that football game 27-17 or something similar.
BINGO !!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:10 AM 11-26-2022
Interesting analysis first of the rookies on defense, then the rookies on offense:

[Reply]
Bump 01:50 AM 11-26-2022

FIGHT ME.
he should be a legit shot for the hall of fame
[Reply]
Bump 01:50 AM 11-26-2022

FIGHT ME.
he should be a legit shot for the hall of fame
[Reply]
Page 255 of 324
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305 > Last »
Up