ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 51
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
Sure-Oz 11:43 AM 03-05-2020
@HBO: Look for the light.

@clmazin and @Neil_Druckmann to develop the series adaptation of #TheLastOfUs, coming soon to HBO: http://itsh.bo/thelastofus https://twitter.com/HBO/status/12356...572032/video/1

The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

MARCH 05, 2020 9:30AMby*Borys Kit, Patrick Shanley

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series*Chernobyl,*is reteaming with HBO adapt*The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.
In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and in association with PlayStation Productions and it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Originally launched in 2013, Sony and Naughty Dog’s*The Last of Us*garnered critical praise for its engrossing tale of the post-apocalypse centered on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be a key to a cure for the deadly pandemic.
Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival. The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel,*The Last of Us Part II, which will release on May 29, 2020.
Mazin, who is said to be an avid player of the game, stated, “Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and*The Last of Us*is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I’m so honored to do it in partnership with Neil.”
“From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of*The Last of Us,” said Druckmann in a statement. “With*Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn’t think of better partners to bring the story of*The Last of Us*to life as a television show.”
Last of Us*won numerous “game of the year” awards and went on to sell more than 17 million copies across both its original release on the PlayStation 3 and a remastered version on the PlayStation 4.
“This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to partner with Craig, Neil, Carolyn and the teams at Sony, Naughty Dog and PlayStation to bring the virtual world of this acclaimed game to life,” stated HBO programming president Casey Bloys.
“This is the first of many shows we intend to develop with our friends at PlayStation Productions,” said Chris Parnell, co-president of Sony Pictures Television Studios.*The Last of Us*is a brilliant achievement in storytelling and character development, and we are lucky to have the opportunity to work with this team to adapt it.”
Druckmann is a longtime vet of Naughty Dog, starting as a programming intern in 2004. In 2007, he was given the role of game designer on*Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the first installment in the action adventure series. In 2013, he created*The Last of Us, based on a concept he developed as a student at Carnegie Mellon University.
Mazin’s*Chernobyl*tackled a bleak and complex true-life event and became a must-see show for HBO. The show won an Emmy for outstanding limited series and landed one for Mazin for outstanding writing. Mazin also won a PGA and a WGA Award.

Holy shit this is gonna be awesome.
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:49 AM 01-31-2023
If you watch the "Behind the Episode" for Ep 3, you'll see Druckmann mention when the show story would deviate from the video game story. He mentions when it's able to be clearly better - and in this instance, I think they nailed it. While there is a clear deviation from the game story (and as much as I would have liked to see BxE interaction as in the game), I thought it was so artfully done and really impactful.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:14 AM 01-31-2023
If they're willing to not stay to a strict one to one retelling of the games exactly I really hope they tell the narrative of TLOU 2 in chronological order instead of the constant flashbacks. Do that and take a bit more time fleshing out some of the side players and I think Druckmann could go an incredibly long way to redeeming what so many disliked about the games narrative.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:03 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If they're willing to not stay to a strict one to one retelling of the games exactly I really hope they tell the narrative of TLOU 2 in chronological order instead of the constant flashbacks. Do that and take a bit more time fleshing out some of the side players and I think Druckmann could go an incredibly long way to redeeming what so many disliked about the games narrative.
You're still going to get the people hating on it for the simple fact that it has anything gay involved.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 AM 01-31-2023
Easily the worst episode, but still solid.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:10 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
If you watch the "Behind the Episode" for Ep 3, you'll see Druckmann mention when the show story would deviate from the video game story. He mentions when it's able to be clearly better - and in this instance, I think they nailed it. While there is a clear deviation from the game story (and as much as I would have liked to see BxE interaction as in the game), I thought it was so artfully done and really impactful.
Agreed...this show seems like a directors cut to the video game in a sense. Loving it.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:34 PM 01-31-2023
I don't agree with the deviation.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 01:33 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Man, Im so mad. I was told by everyone this isn't just another zombie show. What the fuck would you call it then? What is so original about it?

They also should have killed the ugly girl instead of the black daughter and switched roles. She looks like she was hit in the face by a log chain.
This is so incredibly creepy bro. Why the fuck would you care if a little girl is ugly. The only reason I can think of is really peedo, so I'm not gonna say it, but damn you creepy.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:43 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Why don't you have any self-control? Why do you expect that there won't be someone giving away a plot in a thread full of people you don't know? There is always someone posting shit that giveaway a plot in just about all of these things. If you are such a simpleton and afraid that someone will spoil it for you why even go to this thread until you have seen all the series. Protect yourself entitled lil tike nobody should have to do it for you.

Hey I bet you can probably happen on a game tread here or anywhere that will give away the plot also.
Holy shit, it's fucking insane how out of touch you are. I'd recommend doing a mental cognizance test, but you've been this stupid as long as I've been on here. You're comparing people spoiling what's going on in the game during a GDT to spoiling things that haven't happened in a TV series. I thought you were trying to me at first, but holy shit you actually believe the shit that you spew out. I can only imagine the shit you flip out about IRL and how much everyone around you hates you.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:06 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Im a man, im almost 40. I don't play video games
BWillieGundy
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:41 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I don't agree with the deviation.
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 08:07 PM 01-31-2023
You know, as uncomfortable as it was watching gay Ron Swanson sex scenes, that was another fucking great episode
[Reply]
Stryker 08:44 PM 01-31-2023
Ok, we may not like (although I do not care - let people be who they want to be - I am non biased to white and black lovers nor do I care about same sex lovers - be who you want to be!) what was presented on the masses scale but, it did not bother me in the least.

This episode was a love story in a lonely world - the tag line was, in a world of loneliness, LOVE can be found. Love is what makes life worth living - regardless.

I love my wife and would do anything for her. As she watched me watching this episode last night, she commended me for watching the episode through the end. I responded, why? This show is brilliant! It strayed from the actual game but, it was an incredible episode! This EPISODE was VIEWED the MOST of the 3 episodes recorded so far. I have to admit - It was incredible and well done!
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 09:01 PM 01-31-2023
I was really looking forward to the interactions between Bill and Ellie. Quite funny in the game and I think the actress would have killed it if given the chance.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:20 PM 01-31-2023
That was a truly exceptional episode. Standalone to the game and everything else.

This is really very, very high end television.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 09:36 PM 01-31-2023
Bill breaking down when frank told him his wishes was pretty brutal
[Reply]
Page 19 of 51
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up