ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 57
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

htismaqe 02:58 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The rhetoric in the DC has become more than just "anything goes".

I don't know about anyone else but JFC, is really too much to ask people to stop advocating for the murder, yes, murder, of elected officials?

I mean, again, I don't know how any else feels but to me, that's a line that shouldn't be crossed.
It's the nature of the beast. Twitter and Facebook are filled with the same shit.
patteeu 02:59 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
There are lots of things that are not acted on. People post all sorts of racist garbage here, from racial slurs to just long term posting of racist takes about everything. Everyone knows that as long as they don't say the magic word nothing will be done. When you know that is the case it's understandable why people don't bother reporting it.
“Racist” no longer has a commonly accepted meaning. Your post is effectively indecipherable, or at the very least, ambiguous.
DaneMcCloud 03:00 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's the nature of the beast. Twitter and Facebook are filled with the same shit.
I guess there's a reason why I don't post on Twitter or Facebook or bother reading them, outside of a few music industry groups, which I'm basically forced to follow.

:-)

That kind of thinking is very, very dangerous, IMO.
DaneMcCloud 03:02 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
“Racist” no longer has a commonly accepted meaning.
Really? So the only way you can understand or acknowledge racism is if someone uses the "N" word?

No wonder that forum has spun out of control.
patteeu 03:08 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you venture into DC it will vastly change your opinions of people, then you'll see why we have a section of people that only post there...
We have characters, both interesting and annoying, on both sides of the Lounge/DC divide.
Bwana 03:09 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
You ever done that?

I think in all the years, once. It doesn't happen very often. Normally if we PM someone and tell them to chill, they will.
patteeu 03:18 PM 10-08-2020
Really? So the only way you can understand or acknowledge racism is if someone uses the "N" word?

No wonder that forum has spun out of control.
No, that’s not the only way, but to the extent that it can be, those words should be listed (or compiled as they come up) so everyone knows what they are.

You can also be racist by explicitly describing your racism without using those words.

My problem starts with mind reading over ambiguous posts and ends with the modern notions involving a requirement to account for privilege because colorblindness is racism.
DaneMcCloud 03:26 PM 10-08-2020
No, that’s not the only way, but to the extent that it can be, those words should be listed (or compiled as they come up) so everyone knows what they are.

You can also be racist by explicitly describing your racism without using those words.

My problem starts with mind reading over ambiguous posts and ends with the modern notions involving a requirement to account for privilege because colorblindness is racism.
Thanks for proving my point.

Thinly veiled racism, is of course, racism. There are very, very few posts, if any, in the DC in which racist comments and remarks aren't understood by anyone that reads those posts.

Some of the threads that Shtsprayer has started and some of his posts, especially those in which his posts include links to summaries and theories that say "Black people are inferior to White people" are so ridiculously inappropriate and racist that it's even difficult to read that nonsense and not wonder "Why hasn't this guy been banned again?".

If you can just look past that, well, holy shit, I'm actually speechless.
Fish 03:36 PM 10-08-2020

Thinly veiled racism, is of course, racism. There are very, very few posts, if any, in the DC in which racist comments and remarks aren't understood by anyone that reads those posts.

Some of the threads that Shtsprayer has started and some of his posts, especially those in which his posts include links to summaries and theories that say "Black people are inferior to White people" are so ridiculously inappropriate and racist that it's even difficult to read that nonsense and not wonder "Why hasn't this guy been banned again?".

He actually was banned. He just created a mult account and went about doing the exact same thing. Not sure why it was never addressed, because he brings nothing to the board except racist hate and vitriol.
ModSocks 03:37 PM 10-08-2020

Merd the Turd is the worst. I guess that's what day-time drinking and unemployment will do to a man. It's no coincidence his posts ramped up when Covid hit....

The vitriol and rhetoric has really gotten worse these last 5 years.

It's not a place for discussion so much as it's a place to shit on each other. And yeah, i'm guilty of it too.

But shit, in my defense, what better pass-time on CP than shitting on TaQo John?
ModSocks 03:38 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
He actually was banned. He just created a mult account and went about doing the exact same thing. Not sure why it was never addressed, because he brings nothing to the board except racist hate and vitriol.
D.C is more loose than it's ever been, for sure.
patteeu 03:38 PM 10-08-2020

I don’t trust your judgment when it comes to racism.
ModSocks 03:40 PM 10-08-2020
If you can't see how racist Merd the Turd is, then i certainly don't trust yours.

Honestly, if mods would just flush The Turd D.C would instantly be a better place.
DaneMcCloud 03:55 PM 10-08-2020
I don't trust your judgement, for well, anything.

You conveniently follow everything your party espouses and have zero individual thoughts of your own.

And last time I checked, you don't live in a city in which White people are the minority, which further invalidates your "knowledge" of racsim.

If murdering Liberals where a "thing", you'd be first in line to murder, while simultaneously swallowing Dick Cheney's cock.
jdubya 04:20 PM 10-08-2020
Not directed to any particular post or poster but over the years I have witnessed the term "racist" being thrown about very loosely and IMO losing its real meaning. I believe today "racist" and "profiling" are used interchangeably and that couldn't be further from the truth. A poster might give an opinion regarding a story and be profiling a victim or assailant and other posters may scream "Racism" when in reality it is simply profiling.
Page 26 of 57
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up