« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 02:37 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Depends on who you asked, I guess.

So I'm probably not the one to answer that for you. My position was that a MAC receiver isn't going to hit the ground as a finished product. That was considered a wholly unreasonable statement by some.

So for me? Not really - I still think Pickens had the most NFL read skill set outside of maybe Wilson in this draft.

Lot of season left, though. JJSS won't stay healthy. Watson could be a flash in the pan. At some point this year he's gonna get 50-60 snaps and 8-10 targets. We'll just have to wait to see what he does with them.

He could churn out one of those random Albert Wilson specials this season and set up a nice trampoline year for next year. Who knows? But the idea that the guy was going to come in and unseat Mecole and MVS to be our opening day #2 WR was just lunacy from the beginning.
Likely so.

I like slow walking him in with the punt returns adn such. I figure he'll start accumulating more snaps here fairly soon.

Watson has been such a revelation. That dude needs more snaps.
[Reply]
-King- 03:04 PM 09-19-2022
Hopefully we get a nice lead this week and he can get a lot of snaps in low stakes situations.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:32 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I've been pretty surprised that Leo seems to be getting reps. Based on his preseason usage, I figured he would be ST only and then make his way to the defense later in the season.
Welp, guess I may have gotten my answer with today's news.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:41 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I love Skyy, but what's the rush? He'll play when Andy thinks he's ready.
The rush is our WRs are not exactly...good.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:45 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nobody here knows the answer to that question.

It's Andy Reid, and he's a rookie skill position player. There's really no telling, and I'm not sure why anybody expected differently.
Mecole Hardman got 78% of the offensive snaps in his first game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:10 PM 09-19-2022
Skyy is going to be a primary receiver in this offense in fairly short order. He's just too good not to be.

But I don't see a big reason to rush him to the front of the line, since our receiving corps, including TEs seems to be doing just fine so far.

I mean, check it out; our receivers are all catching at a pretty high rate, outside of MVS (about 55%), and even with that he's changed my mind to some degree as to his ability as a receiver. He's not just a deep threat; he can run actual routes and seems to understand how to create space for himself doing so. Something I had no faith in when he was signed. So I have some hope that his catch rate will improve as the season goes on.

Skyy's going to be a top-tier slot receiver before too long, mark it down. But we have so many weapons, including three (count 'em, 3/threesome/trio/triad/triumvirate/troika/triune/triplicity) of receiving TEs!

Imo, Skyy's lack of production so far is simply the fact that there's just one ball and a plethora of receiving options. He'll show out soon enough, and then it'll be on.

Holy crap, some Bills fan was just on TV covered in what looked like a couple bottles' worth of ketchup . . . see you guys over at the game thread.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:17 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Mecole Hardman got 78% of the offensive snaps in his first game.
Umm yea because Tyreek Hill got hurt early in that game...
[Reply]
RunKC 05:33 PM 09-19-2022
Mecoles first year Tyreek got hurt in week 1 and missed 5 weeks. Sammy was hurt during that time too. Also had first year active player Byron Pringle to compete with. So yeah he was pretty much forced into action early.

Skyy is different. He’s got Juju, MVS and Hardman for sure over him as vets and Watson has really surprised as a vet and is over him.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:54 PM 09-19-2022
It's not surprising that Moore isn't lighting it up already, he didn't exactly come from a top notch program like Alabama where guys are ready to hit the ground running. Having said that, he ideally should be developing into one of the focal points of the offense by midseason or soon after for the sake of this year's team and into the future. Hopefully Juju is more of the player we saw in the 1st half against Arizona and less of the guy who fumbles a lot and who did next to nothing against LA, but the rest of the receivers are JAGs. Maybe I'm jaded after the offense's lackluster performance against LA, but I'm not sure I completely buy into the notion that a bunch of #2 and #3 type receivers will get it done. Moore absolutely needs to develop into a #1 type receiver sooner than later because every other top contender in the AFC and NFC does have multiple elite receivers. Yes we have Kelce but he's turning 33 next month, can't depend on him forever. The receiver class in FA next year is barren and KC's top needs are probably the exact same needs they were this year (DE and WR) because the talent and depth at those positions in KC are so thin in 2023 and beyond even if Moore and Karlaftis develop as we hope. We can't afford for Moore to be another Hardman.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:07 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Skyy is going to be a primary receiver in this offense in fairly short order. He's just too good not to be.

But I don't see a big reason to rush him to the front of the line, since our receiving corps, including TEs seems to be doing just fine so far.

I mean, check it out; our receivers are all catching at a pretty high rate, outside of MVS (about 55%), and even with that he's changed my mind to some degree as to his ability as a receiver. He's not just a deep threat; he can run actual routes and seems to understand how to create space for himself doing so. Something I had no faith in when he was signed. So I have some hope that his catch rate will improve as the season goes on.

Skyy's going to be a top-tier slot receiver before too long, mark it down. But we have so many weapons, including three (count 'em, 3/threesome/trio/triad/triumvirate/troika/triune/triplicity) of receiving TEs!

Imo, Skyy's lack of production so far is simply the fact that there's just one ball and a plethora of receiving options. He'll show out soon enough, and then it'll be on.

Holy crap, some Bills fan was just on TV covered in what looked like a couple bottles' worth of ketchup . . . see you guys over at the game thread.
Beg to differ. Our receivers are not ideal until skyy is ready. Mvs and mecole are largely duplicative. And juju is a good support for a WR1 we don’t have. A guy like skyy is what we really need for our stretch of excellent pass rushing defenses. We need a guy who knows how to use the short field. I know Andy doesn’t like to rush WRs. But he’s gotta pump off the brakes just a little. They could easily find ways to get him the ball that don’t involve rocket science. He doesn’t have to be wr1. But he should have more a spot in the rotation than he’s getting.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:38 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It's not surprising that Moore isn't lighting it up already, he didn't exactly come from a top notch program like Alabama where guys are ready to hit the ground running. Having said that, he ideally should be developing into one of the focal points of the offense by midseason or soon after for the sake of this year's team and into the future. Hopefully Juju is more of the player we saw in the 1st half against Arizona and less of the guy who fumbles a lot and who did next to nothing against LA, but the rest of the receivers are JAGs. Maybe I'm jaded after the offense's lackluster performance against LA, but I'm not sure I completely buy into the notion that a bunch of #2 and #3 type receivers will get it done. Moore absolutely needs to develop into a #1 type receiver sooner than later because every other top contender in the AFC and NFC does have multiple elite receivers. Yes we have Kelce but he's turning 33 next month, can't depend on him forever. The receiver class in FA next year is barren and KC's top needs are probably the exact same needs they were this year (DE and WR) because the talent and depth at those positions in KC are so thin in 2023 and beyond even if Moore and Karlaftis develop as we hope. We can't afford for Moore to be another Hardman.
Who would've thought this miserable fuck would be overreacting to a tough game against arguably the best defense in the league?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:10 PM 09-19-2022
Who would've thought this miserable **** would be overreacting to a tough game against arguably the best defense in the league?
Well, I clearly stated that I'm not sure if I'm jaded about that game or not. Perhaps I am. It's too early tell if week 1 or week 2 is more indicative of how the offense will perform. But to your point, that's not really much of an excuse in my opinion. It's a little too early to know for sure who the top defenses are, but we have another game against LAC as well as games against other likely top defenses like Buffalo and Tampa. Every AFCW team has multiple pass rushers who can cause problems and most of them have playmakers in the secondary. It's going to be a long season if the receivers aren't able to perform closer to week 1 than what we saw in week 2, same goes for the multiple errant throws by Mahomes.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 PM 09-19-2022
Well, I clearly stated that I'm not sure if I'm jaded about that game or not. Perhaps I am. It's too early tell if week 1 or week 2 is more indicative of how the offense will perform. But to your point, that's not really much of an excuse in my opinion. It's a little too early to know for sure who the top defenses are, but we have another game against LAC as well as games against other likely top defenses like Buffalo and Tampa. Every AFCW team has multiple pass rushers who can cause problems and most of them have playmakers in the secondary. It's going to be a long season if the receivers aren't able to perform closer to week 1 than what we saw in week 2, same goes for the multiple errant throws by Mahomes.
A short week early in the season, with almost all new WRs, against maybe the best defense in the NFL, isn't an excuse?

In case you forgot, we won. I know idiots like you expect to score 30+ every single week, and a win is no longer a win without style points, but these kinds of games happened even with prime Tyreek and Kelce.

Fucking RELAX.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:15 PM 09-19-2022
A short week early in the season, with almost all new WRs against maybe the best defense in the NFL isn't an excuse?

In case you forgot, we won. I know idiots like you expect to score 30+ every single week, and a win is no longer a win without style points, but these kinds of games happened even with prime Tyreek and Kelce.

****ing RELAX.
I sincerely hope you're right, I'll gladly eat crow and call myself an idiot for having doubted them if my doubts are proven wrong.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:16 PM 09-19-2022
I sincerely hope you're right, I'll gladly eat crow and call myself an idiot for having doubted them if my doubts are proven wrong.
Exactly how many times do they have to do that before you learn?
[Reply]
Page 73 of 280
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up