ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 104
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:57 AM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I heard someone say "Man, who even thinks of having guys run a whip route pre-snap!"

And it's absolutely right. Toney and Skyy are essentially running routes as part of their motion; plays 80% done before the ball is hiked. The Whip/Stab concept all happens before the play even starts.

Andy - those poor bastards have families, man. How you gonna do 'em like that?
Gat Damit, I jst spit some coffee on my desk. :-):-):-)

Seriously, watch Andy calling plays on those drives; notice he has an extra play-call card, and that he refers to it I think on either the seecond drive or the last one. He planned all this shit out LAST WEEK.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:00 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
One more point: just look at how frustrated Reddick is on this play. He literally spins a solid 2 yards in front of Wylie; he has no idea how to attack Wylie at this point. It's like he forgot how to play football for a few seconds.
:-)

the development of this team is really starting to remind me of the SF dynasty at this point

they were GOOD in 81, but in 84 when they got that second title, they ascended to another plane of greatness and it lasted for another five seasons

and now with all the cost-controlled youth, we get a chance to really round out the rest of the roster, which was what made those late-decade SF teams so deadly - they could just beat you any damn way they wanted

with the way veach set this up, it's almost going to be like playing in the pre-salary cap era
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:01 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I didn't see much heat at Reid. Spags got incinerated though
When I get the time....I'll go back and pull receipts.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:02 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Gat Damit, I jst spit some coffee on my desk. :-):-):-)

Seriously, watch Andy calling plays on those drives; notice he has an extra play-call card, and that he refers to it I think on either the seecond drive or the last one. He planned all this shit out LAST WEEK.
As I oft say about my 5 year old boy and my idiot rottweiler - the man woke up that morning and chose violence.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:02 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
When I get the time....I'll go back and pull receipts.
Oh, I know folks threw a hissy fit when he went for a 42 yard FG that doinked.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:04 PM 02-16-2023
As I oft say about my 5 year old boy and my idiot rottweiler - the man woke up that morning and chose violence.
I don't see a way in which Reid was losing that game. Not against his old team and not for a 2nd ring. That dude was going to pull out every thing he needed if it came to it.

And the players weren't going to lose it for him either.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:05 PM 02-16-2023
I like to think that when the game was over Andy went over to Jonathan Gannon, congratulated him on a strong effort and told him "Say hello to your wife and my kids..." before giving him a little pat on the head and walking away.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:06 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
blended them up

And another thing: Baldy's right; Travis is WIDE OPEN; no one picks him up at all, ever. And they're so confused that none of them ever figure out that they collectively forgot Kelce existed even after the play. Andy made Travis invisible on national television.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:10 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
And somewhere Bidwell is probably in the building watching Gannon and the Eagles defensive schemes get vivisected for an entire half and thought to himself "that's the fucking coach that'll solve all my problems.
Or any competent offense for that matter.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:12 PM 02-16-2023
Reid was devouring cheeseburgers like Popeyes spinach at halftime to power up to Maximum OverReid

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:13 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

the development of this team is really starting to remind me of the SF dynasty at this point

they were GOOD in 81, but in 84 when they got that second title, they ascended to another plane of greatness and it lasted for another five seasons

and now with all the cost-controlled youth, we get a chance to really round out the rest of the roster, which was what made those late-decade SF teams so deadly - they could just beat you any damn way they wanted

with the way veach set this up, it's almost going to be like playing in the pre-salary cap era

Andy started with a scheme that just needed a QB that could attack vertically and he got Pat Mahomes.

Just proceeded to murder people.

But last year even with Tyreek teams took away the verticals that Reid and Mahomes were addicted to.

We fought to play left-handed but it was a messy process.

By the time we had defeated the deep shells Cincinnati's DC just went into the toolbox and pulled out everything we didn't like and threw it at us perfectly for a half and stole a game we should have had.

Now Mahomes and Reid are scarier. It's all efficiency and taking what's there.

With no #1 WR we again lit people up. The SB was Andy's masterpiece.

After winning that game in that manner it feels like we defeated the final boss.

It's our NFL to rule now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:25 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
With no #1 WR we again lit people up. The SB was Andy's masterpiece.

After winning that game in that manner it feels like we defeated the final boss.

It's our NFL to rule now.
Watch the powerup when we replace MVS and JuJu over the next 2-3 seasons. I don't think either are long-term guys.

Might be Toney or Skyy but whoever it is, teams are gonna go back to deep shells when that guy comes here.

Reid and Mahomes have a 2007 Patriots season in them.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:29 PM 02-16-2023
I like to think that when the game was over Andy went over to Jonathan Gannon, congratulated him on a strong effort and told him "Say hello to your wife and my kids..." before giving him a little pat on the head and walking away.
Poor TJ Edwards. The man just had no chance in hell. Andy had that man in hell all night. The motions and play design left him stuck in the trash.

Andy saw that man and knew he ran a 4.87 on a slippery field. Him trying to figure out where the hell the ball was had to be hard enough. By the time he could figure it out he saw Pacheco’s 4.37 speed hitting the hole.

You always fear your “burn the tape” game is the one that matters most. Geez.

“Hey dad! You made the Super Bowl?!?! Can we watch that?”

Yeah
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:40 PM 02-16-2023

Patrick Mahomes during the #Chiefs Super Bowl leading touchdown.

"F**k it, I don't know."pic.twitter.com/SasN0yG2Tb

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) February 16, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:54 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Poor TJ Edwards. The man just had no chance in hell. Andy had that man in hell all night. The motions and play design left him stuck in the trash.

Andy saw that man and knew he ran a 4.87 on a slippery field. Him trying to figure out where the hell the ball was had to be hard enough.
how ironic that he injured mahomes
[Reply]
Page 87 of 104
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Up