ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 190 of 210
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Tyreek Hill Thread***
Dante84 01:14 PM 04-30-2016
With the 165th pick, in the 5th round.

Nutt said that Toub felt Hill was like Devin Hester.

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) April 30, 2016

[Reply]
tredadda 07:35 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He's the reason we won that Buffalo game that was incredible I'm not sure there's another player in the league that could do what he did. If Andy weren't so stubborn with the way teams played us with Hill we could line up and run the ball and get 5 yards whenever we wanted. I saw no decline or red flags regarding Hill. What I saw was a staff/QB that was unwilling at times to adapt to what defense was played against us.
I don’t disagree on parts of what you posted. I would say Kelce was just as important to the Buffalo win as Hill. He was money when it mattered most like he almost always is. Agree that we should have ran the ball more. There was no decline in Hill’s speed, but when it does go, it will go fast (no pun intended) unless he is a freak like Darrell Green. His drops were concerning and teams were starting to game plan and minimize his impact. Hard to blame Mahomes for not adapting as quickly as he should have. It can be hard to change your style of play when it has brought so much success for so long. He did eventually adjust and will continue to as he matures.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:38 PM 06-01-2022
Which is Trent Williams right? Who's like 34 or 35 years old.

I'm not faulting Veach for what he did. Again it was making the best out of a tough situation but it seems to be a foregone conclusion on here that we are better without Hill. Simply not the case.
In a way we are though as KC will have to adjust how they play on offense. They can’t just play the deep game and will have to spread it around more. They did not bring in a WR equal to what was lost in Hill, but overall the depth is better than with Hill and JAGs like Robinson, Pringle, Gordon etc. Also now there might (big might) be a chance the team runs more which will make them more balanced.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:24 PM 06-01-2022
Sounds like someone salty that they have to field punts from the modern Steve Bono.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:55 PM 06-01-2022
I giggle just thinking about Hill having to catch passes for Tua.

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:17 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Sounds like someone salty that they have to field punts from the modern Steve Bono.
:-)

I laughed unreasonably hard at this.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:54 PM 06-01-2022
We would need DJ to break that contract. In the next few years I don't see how the offense is better though especially with an aging Kelce.
Because you lack vision.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:00 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
In a way we are though as KC will have to adjust how they play on offense. They can’t just play the deep game and will have to spread it around more. They did not bring in a WR equal to what was lost in Hill, but overall the depth is better than with Hill and JAGs like Robinson, Pringle, Gordon etc. Also now there might (big might) be a chance the team runs more which will make them more balanced.
With that line they absolutely should. Brown, Smith. Kinnard are absolute units. Creed is also damn physical.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:05 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I was disappointed in the return, but it seems at this point that I'm always about 15% more greedy than I should be on those things.

Didn't like only getting a future 2nd for Ford. Didn't like giving up as much as we did for Clark. Thought giving up the 4th rounder was too much to move up to 21. Don't typically think we have gotten enough in our trade-downs.

About the only time I can recall thinking "Yeah, that seems about right" of late was the Orlando Brown Jr. deal.

So I guess at a point if I think we 'lost' a trade pretty much every time, maybe I'm the one who's calculus is busted.

Nah - **** that.
Man, we killed that Brown trade.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:25 AM 06-02-2022
People really make too big a deal of Tyreek potentially losing his speed.

I can't recall a single NFL player with legendary speed who just lost it one day in a hurry (outside of injury, of course). Guys like Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, and Randy Moss all maintained elite speed until they retired.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:38 AM 06-02-2022
He's the reason we won that Buffalo game that was incredible I'm not sure there's another player in the league that could do what he did. If Andy weren't so stubborn with the way teams played us with Hill we could line up and run the ball and get 5 yards whenever we wanted. I saw no decline or red flags regarding Hill. What I saw was a staff/QB that was unwilling at times to adapt to what defense was played against us.
I mostly agree with you, but I did see some red flags with Hill last year and that was his drops. I think he was responsible for 4-5 of Mahomes INT's.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:41 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
People really make too big a deal of Tyreek potentially losing his speed.

I can't recall a single NFL player with legendary speed who just lost it one day in a hurry (outside of injury, of course). Guys like Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, and Randy Moss all maintained elite speed until they retired.
It's what people tell themselves to feel better about it. The fact that the Chiefs were willing to pay him what they reportedly where tells you that they werent sweating it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:47 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I mostly agree with you, but I did see some red flags with Hill last year and that was his drops. I think he was responsible for 4-5 of Mahomes INT's.
I think it's more that Hill doesn't have a tremendous catch radius than him losing physical ability.

With the way teams were defending him, he had to turn into more of a short and intermediate receiver. On those throws, his elite tracking ability isn't as big a factor, and there is just more traffic to fight through to complete the catch.

So the fact his catch radius is limited by his physical stature led to him reaching outside his frame more than a regular-sized receiver would, which led to tipped balls and INTs.

If teams are going to sit in a cover 2 deep shell against a Mahomes-Hill combo, that means you either run his ass off on decoy deep routes all day, or try to use him in a way that is not ideal for his skill set.

With the changes KC has made at receiver, Mahomes IS going to have better, larger targets underneath with larger catch radii. If the threat of Valdes-Scantling and Hardman keeps teams in the shell, I believe we'll really see that pay off.

All comes down to whether teams continue to sit in the shell to protect against the deep ball. I think they will.

Hopefully the Chiefs are also less stubborn about running against those super light boxes, too.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:01 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think it's more that Hill doesn't have a tremendous catch radius than him losing physical ability.

With the way teams were defending him, he had to turn into more of a short and intermediate receiver. On those throws, his elite tracking ability isn't as big a factor, and there is just more traffic to fight through to complete the catch.

So the fact his catch radius is limited by his physical stature led to him reaching outside his frame more than a regular-sized receiver would, which led to tipped balls and INTs.

If teams are going to sit in a cover 2 deep shell against a Mahomes-Hill combo, that means you either run his ass off on decoy deep routes all day, or try to use him in a way that is not ideal for his skill set.

With the changes KC has made at receiver, Mahomes IS going to have better, larger targets underneath with larger catch radii. If the threat of Valdes-Scantling and Hardman keeps teams in the shell, I believe we'll really see that pay off.

All comes down to whether teams continue to sit in the shell to protect against the deep ball. I think they will.

Hopefully the Chiefs are also less stubborn about running against those super light boxes, too.
I agree 100%. I always thought though we should had him run more slants because DB's give him so much cushion or we did and I didn't notice it.

Going to be interesting watching him in Miami with Tua because he will be running alot of slants and short routes as well I imagine. Will teams play 2 high against the Fins you think? I am not sure Tua has the arm to scare opposing defenses.
[Reply]
scho63 07:01 AM 06-02-2022
I really hope this is not going to be like the Bronco's Megathread that never leaves the front page of the lounge. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:30 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

well said.
[Reply]
Page 190 of 210
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200 > Last »
Up