ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What Does Matt Cassel Mean To You?
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:48 PM 04-09-2020
Hey guys, long time no see.

Raiders fans are turning on Carr.

So I was wondering how long does it take before anger at a former QB disappears?

Thus, the question.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:13 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He was worse than average Mac, but sadly probably better than Zach Wilson because he wasn’t a douche like Wilson appears to be. What made him so bad (besides lacking the talent to be a starting QB) was Pioli’s absolute refusal to recognize that he sucked. The only things he did for us was create ample laughs at his awfulness, allowed for a banner to get flown over Arrowhead, got us Andy Reid, and got Pioli (and to a point Haley) fired. This led to the renaissance of Chiefs football.
Cassel was terrible at recognizing blitzes. Teams that blitzed him were able to make him look bad. He also was really good at padding stats after his team got down by several scores. The only halfway adequate season he had was the 2010 year.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:14 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
All these shitty QB’s we had, it wasn’t their fault. They just didn’t have the talent to win a SB. Not their fault, it’s the GM’s fault for thinking they had the talent to win a SB.

Our shared misery we suffered through together make this era so sweet to share with you guys.
Cassel didn't have the talent to play in the NFL.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:16 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Elvis Grbac loves, loves, loves the man
Elvis was nothing special but Cassel couldn't hold his jock.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:53 AM 01-26-2024
I guess this thread is just as good as any Castle threads to bump for this new story...the headline got my attention.

Former Patriots QB Matt Cassel recalls the one thing he could do better than Tom Brady

Cassel was the GOAT when it came to this one thing

Matt Cassel was Tom Brady's backup quarterback on the New England Patriots and while there is no debate who the superior quarterback is, there is also no debate on who the better wrestler is. And it may not be who you think......

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:56 AM 01-26-2024
Imagine what Cassel could do in 2010 with this defense.......................
[Reply]
DTHOF 11:21 AM 01-26-2024
I would still say i hate Grbac more than Cassell at a very close second. Grbac coming back cost us a chance to keep Gannon.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:43 AM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by DTHOF:
I would still say i hate Grbac more than Cassell at a very close second. Grbac coming back cost us a chance to keep Gannon.
But was that on Grbac? Or Carl?
[Reply]
carcosa 11:46 AM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I guess this thread is just as good as any Castle threads to bump for this new story...the headline got my attention.

Former Patriots QB Matt Cassel recalls the one thing he could do better than Tom Brady

Cassel was the GOAT when it came to this one thing

Matt Cassel was Tom Brady's backup quarterback on the New England Patriots and while there is no debate who the superior quarterback is, there is also no debate on who the better wrestler is. And it may not be who you think......

Spoiler!
Damn, too bad he didn't pile drive Brady and snap his neck!
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:52 PM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Damn, too bad he didn't pile drive Brady and snap his neck!
Or even vice versa.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:56 PM 01-26-2024
Or even vice versa.
Oh no. As bad as Cassel and the Pioli/Haley/Cassel years were, it allowed for this golden era to happen.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:04 PM 01-26-2024
Oh no. As bad as Cassel and the Pioli/Haley/Cassel years were, it allowed for this golden era to happen.
Good point. I stand corrected.
[Reply]
DTHOF 01:06 PM 01-26-2024
But was that on Grbac? Or Carl?
Ok, Carl or Marty for that part but Grbac was a cancer to the team. Nobody liked him and it showed on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rausch 01:10 PM 01-26-2024
Patrick ascended to glory and atoned for the sins of all past playoff failures.

I now look at Matt Cassel as a really nice guy that wore red a time or two. No curse words or anything...
[Reply]
Rausch 01:14 PM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I will always have a special place in my heart for Marty S. He was the reason I became a Chiefs fan. That being said, one should recognize the fact that he was also the biggest reason why the team could never get over the hump. :-)
That was Carl's fault.
Carl never drafted a franchise QB. Hell, never even tried. Didn't even care to.

That's on him. To not understand the single most important ingredient to a SB is telling...
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:32 PM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Imagine what Cassel could do in 2010 with this defense.......................
Still this...

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Up