ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What Does Matt Cassel Mean To You?
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:48 PM 04-09-2020
Hey guys, long time no see.

Raiders fans are turning on Carr.

So I was wondering how long does it take before anger at a former QB disappears?

Thus, the question.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by rico:
When I hear the name “Cassel,” I just get the feeling of being repetitively insulted... Like, that staff, for years tried convincing us that Matt Cassel (shudder) was an excusable QB and it was a constant insult. Like, how on Earth did they expect people to actually believe that?! Constant insults.
Oh someone clearly wasn't here for the first 2 years of the Cassel experience.

Why did they expect people to believe that? Because on this very board full of fairly well informed Chiefs fans, about half of 'em did.

"HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME!!!!"
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:39 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh someone clearly wasn't here for the first 2 years of the Cassel experience.

Why did they expect people to believe that? Because on this very board full of fairly well informed Chiefs fans, about half of 'em did.

"HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME!!!!"
I like to blame being a high schooler on my homerism at that time. I think I turned after the Tebow loss and seeing how much better Kyle Orton, a mediocre NFL QB, was than Cassel.

Easily some of my worst takes on the board, along with my Andy/Veach - Reek takes after the Star story last year.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:46 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Whats Mark Castle mean to me? * takes a drag off a cigarette

I was just a kid fresh out of high school when pioli torpedo'd the franchise with that sack of shit. I, like many had so much hope, the patriot way was here. It hadnt set franchises back for a decade yet at that point. I convinced myself he just needed a line, weapons, and a better coordinator until a week one ass raping by the falcons. Thats when i knew things were bad bad, he was the face of failure, he made me root for Brady ****ing Quinn for petes sake.
You couldn't recognize the lack of arm talent via eye test?
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:48 AM 08-14-2020
a bad memory and i have moved on.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:48 AM 08-14-2020
Matt Cassel ruined my marriage and introduced me to meth.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:02 PM 08-14-2020
Carr will be a great journeyman, but if a QB doesn't get you to a playoff win in the first five years, they need a change in scenery. The Raiders picked the wrong guy and need to move forward. You know Gruden wants to do it, but hes likely waiting for a Patrick Mahomes to come around again to do it.
[Reply]
vonBobo 12:16 PM 08-14-2020
It's ignorant to have such rage at one person, coming from the fans that can't control themselves.
An organization over spent for him, couldn't get the right system or players around him, refused to bench him, and over paid for him.
And what did Matt ever do to deserve such hate? He persued his dreams, made a career for himself, and was incorrectly over valued at no fault of his own.
Jamarcus Russel anyone?? Where is the perspective?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:40 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
It's ignorant to have such rage at one person, coming from the fans that can't control themselves.
An organization over spent for him, couldn't get the right system or players around him, refused to bench him, and over paid for him.
And what did Matt ever do to deserve such hate? He persued his dreams, made a career for himself, and was incorrectly over valued at no fault of his own.
Yeah, I try very hard to separate the on-field stuff from the off-field stuff. If I ever met Matt Cassel in person, we'd have a great conversation and I'd probably ask if he could get me Jamaal Charles' autograph.

This dichotomy works for me because I can like Matt Cassel the person and despise Matt Cassel the quarterback.
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:48 PM 08-14-2020
What a dark dark place we were. Glad we are not there anymore.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:51 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
It's because he was an arrogant douche about it.

"i graded out perfectly"

"shut the fuck up"

fuck that guy
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:53 PM 08-14-2020
Someone remind me of the "I graded out perfectly" quote.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 08-14-2020
I will never forget the first time I ever met my brother in law, before he was my brother in law. We were sitting there and the Chiefs game is on and Cassel takes the field and he goes "here we go young Elway right here" and I literally belly laughed and said "WHAT!?!!?"

To this day we still don't get along.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:10 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
You couldn't recognize the lack of arm talent via eye test?
In my defense i was 17/18 full homer, and spent as much time txting whores as actually watching the game.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:12 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I will never forget the first time I ever met my brother in law, before he was my brother in law. We were sitting there and the Chiefs game is on and Cassel takes the field and he goes "here we go young Elway right here" and I literally belly laughed and said "WHAT!?!!?"

To this day we still don't get along.

Matt Cassel career passer rating = 78.5
John Elway career passer rating = 79.9

Your brother in law was pretty accurate.

(Wow, I seldom get a post where I can nail both Cassel and Elway at the same time.)
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 01:12 PM 08-14-2020
Bernard Pollard really screwed the chiefs in retrospect when he took out tom brady.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up