ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 44
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
Marco Polo 05:34 PM 09-25-2021
Enjoy this, folks. I've been so frustrated with this team. In August, I went to my only game in Busch for me and middle relief blew a four run lead and I pretty gave up on them this season. What I'm watching now appears to be a completely different team. We may not even get past the Dodgers in the WC but what a great ending to the season that can only provide some kind of hope for the future. I've got to believe that Arenado is loving this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Enjoy this, folks. I've been so frustrated with this team. In August, I went to my only game in Busch for me and middle relief blew a four run lead and I pretty gave up on them this season. What I'm watching now appears to be a completely different team. We may not even get past the Dodgers in the WC but what a great ending to the season that can only provide some kind of hope for the future. I've got to believe that Arenado is loving this.
Yeah they lose to the Dodgers it’s been a productive season because O’Neill emerged as a legit middle of the order bat. That’s huge.
This is a good core to build into a legit contender
Goldy
O’Neill
Arenado
Carlson
Gorman

With that core you can take Carps money, without taking a penny out of Dewitt's pockets and buy us a $25 million a year FA pitcher.
That gives us
FA pitcher
Flaherty
Liberatore.

Again a good core to build around.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:15 PM 09-25-2021

Absolute insanity.

TV: Bally Sports Midwest
Stream: Bally Sports app#STLCards pic.twitter.com/M3dUbZfgic

— Bally Sports Midwest (@BallySportsMW) September 25, 2021

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:10 PM 09-25-2021
"How can you not be romantic about baseball?"
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:23 AM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
"How can you not be romantic about baseball?"
Stuck at 69 losses since 9/11. Couldn’t write that script in Hollywood.
[Reply]
JolieMolie 09:14 AM 09-26-2021
Yes, I'm in Cardinal Country and proud of it.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:55 PM 09-26-2021
Holy shit some drama going on in the 9th inning.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:57 PM 09-26-2021
Make that 16 now. And the magic number is uno.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:58 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Make that 16 now. And the magic number is uno.
At least one of my teams is playing well right now.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:59 PM 09-26-2021
Another wacky way to end the game. Tuned in to see Schildt get tossed
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:09 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Another wacky way to end the game. Tuned in to see Schildt get tossed
He gets tossed all the time. I love that guy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:15 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Holy shit some drama going on in the 9th inning.
How in the **** did they screw that up so bad?
Okay, its an infield fly rule that was never called. The umps screwed up but okay, thats the right call according to the rule book. Batter is out and runners back to 1st and 2nd. How did they end up at 2nd and 3rd?

And if they advanced on their own as was their choice, the guy got tagged out at 2nd base. If its a live ball, why are the umps calling time on their own? If its not a live ball, why are the runners on 2nd and 3rd in scoring position to possibly end the streak on a base hit?
[Reply]
VAChief 07:10 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
How in the **** did they screw that up so bad?
Okay, its an infield fly rule that was never called. The umps screwed up but okay, thats the right call according to the rule book. Batter is out and runners back to 1st and 2nd. How did they end up at 2nd and 3rd?

And if they advanced on their own as was their choice, the guy got tagged out at 2nd base. If its a live ball, why are the umps calling time on their own? If its not a live ball, why are the runners on 2nd and 3rd in scoring position to possibly end the streak on a base hit?
The only thing I can think of is they called infield fly, so batter is out no matter what. I suppose at that time it doesn’t necessarily mean there is a force play at any of the bases since they are running after an out at first meaning they needed to tag the runner at 3rd for an out. They did tag the runner after he rounded 2nd, but the ump for some fricking reason called timeout before the tag.

The thing I wonder is if it is infield fly wouldn’t you need to tag up before advancing? They should have stepped off and thrown to the base of whoever didn’t tag the base before advancing.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:28 AM 09-28-2021
Nice article summing up what has driven the recent streak.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/y...yoff-position/
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:30 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by VAChief:
The only thing I can think of is they called infield fly, so batter is out no matter what. I suppose at that time it doesn’t necessarily mean there is a force play at any of the bases since they are running after an out at first meaning they needed to tag the runner at 3rd for an out. They did tag the runner after he rounded 2nd, but the ump for some fricking reason called timeout before the tag.

The thing I wonder is if it is infield fly wouldn’t you need to tag up before advancing? They should have stepped off and thrown to the base of whoever didn’t tag the base before advancing.
Its advance at your own risk and no need to tag up after infield fly rule is called. Ump just completely fucked it up calling time.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 44
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up