ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Cornell Powell Thread*****
htismaqe 01:19 PM 05-04-2021
Cornell Powell makes Zierlein's list of best 3 picks per round...

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-dr...picks-by-round

Cornell Powell
Clemson · WR
Kansas City Chiefs
No. 181 overall

Powell went from heralded recruit to one-year starter after getting stuck behind a talented group of pass catchers at Clemson. He’s not a burner or a sudden separator from his routes, but he’s smooth and skilled when the ball is in the air. He offers a bit of a different look from what the Chiefs currently have on their roster at that position.
[Reply]
O.city 08:21 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Cornell Powell
Clemson · WR
Kansas City Chiefs
No. 181 overall

Powell went from heralded recruit to one-year starter after getting stuck behind a talented group of pass catchers at Clemson. He’s not a burner or a sudden separator from his routes, but he’s smooth and skilled when the ball is in the air. He offers a bit of a different look from what the Chiefs currently have on their roster at that position.
I've been reading and watching alot on him. I'm intrigued. I think he could be one of those late round guys that just got buried behind legit dudes at Clemson and had a really good pro career.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:34 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Cornell Powell
Clemson · WR
Kansas City Chiefs
No. 181 overall

His round 6 picks included:

Nick Niemann
Iowa · LB
Los Angeles Chargers
No. 185 overall
The Chargers were a disaster on special teams last season. Niemann has the physical traits and play demeanor to help in that area right away. He needs more experience, but he’s a plus athlete and effective tackler. He has early backup potential and could be a player on the rise

This guy gets it... Guys like Nick and Ben Niemenn are important role players. Ben Niemen shouldn't be starting, but cutting him would be idiotic...
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:44 AM 05-05-2021
Powell made ESPN's Top 10 Late-RD Steals:

Kansas City Chiefs selecting WR Cornell Powell (Clemson)
The pick: 181 (Round 5)

The No. 2 receiver position in Kansas City is up in the air at this point. While Byron Pringle and Demarcus Robinson have each had their opportunities over the years, neither has solidified himself as a legitimate option. There's a chance Powell can step in and be that guy.

Powell is one of the most physical route runners in the draft class at 6-foot and 204 pounds, and he broke out in a big way down the stretch in 2020. Over the final six games of Powell's collegiate career, he averaged well over 100 yards per contest and his 730 receiving yards were the sixth most in college football over that span. He then went to the Senior Bowl and had the second-highest win rate of any receiver in the one-on-ones against press coverage. That skill set can translate quickly.

Pretty Cool!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:28 PM 05-04-2021
In the video the Chiefs posted showing the call to Powell, you hear EB kinda telling him that he needs to come in ready to roll because he has a big opportunity in front of him.

If he starts making plays in camp and we are hearing about it, I think he plays day one. But it will be hard for Andy to not start D-Rob week 1 I’m sure. Just seems to be his style.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:32 AM 05-05-2021
His father, Colin, must be so proud
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:47 AM 05-05-2021
I’m not sure we need a true #2 receiver.

Yeah, it would be nice to have Reggie Wayne to go with our Marvin Harrison.

I can envision having a #2 by committee approach. Maybe we don’t have 1 guy with 800 yards and 7 TDs, but I could see us having 3 guys with 500+ yards and 4-6 TDs in Hardman, Robinson, and Powell.

As long as they’re reliable when targeted, it might be effective to have several competent (but not great) weapons to make teams pay when they commit to stopping Hill and Kelce.
[Reply]
wachashi 08:59 AM 05-05-2021
Our number one receiver is Hill/Kelce. Our number two receiver is Hill/Kelce. The vast majority of the time we're rolling out 3 wide receiver sets, so we're going to need two of Robinson, Pringle, Hardman, Callaway, Powell to fill those spots. But yeah, I don't think it's really a weakness at all.

"What do we do if a team takes away Hill and Kelce?" That's monumentally difficult to do, and with our re-tooled offensive line, it's going to be even harder. If a team wants to dedicate four defenders to take away Hill and Kelce, then we should be running the ball at 10-yards a clip or throwing to a wide-open [insert your favorite receiver here].
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:04 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Our number one receiver is Hill/Kelce. Our number two receiver is Hill/Kelce. The vast majority of the time we're rolling out 3 wide receiver sets, so we're going to need two of Robinson, Pringle, Hardman, Callaway, Powell to fill those spots. But yeah, I don't think it's really a weakness at all.

"What do we do if a team takes away Hill and Kelce?" That's monumentally difficult to do, and with our re-tooled offensive line, it's going to be even harder. If a team wants to dedicate four defenders to take away Hill and Kelce, then we should be running the ball at 10-yards a clip or throwing to a wide-open [insert your favorite receiver here].
Agree with this.

The key for the receivers not named Kelce/Hill will be to make teams pay when they’re left open. Can’t have drops/fumbles/wrong or bad routes.

Run the play, catch the ball, protect the ball.

They don’t need to take over games, but they can’t make negative plays and give the defense gifts.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:19 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Our number one receiver is Hill/Kelce. Our number two receiver is Hill/Kelce. The vast majority of the time we're rolling out 3 wide receiver sets, so we're going to need two of Robinson, Pringle, Hardman, Callaway, Powell + Noah Gray to fill those spots. But yeah, I don't think it's really a weakness at all.

The other new guy is going to contribute some as well
[Reply]
Hoover 09:14 AM 05-05-2021
This kid is going to catch 58 balls for 987 yards and 9 TDs this year!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:15 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
69 catches for 420 yards lmfao
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:50 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Lol.

Maybe 500/5.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:25 AM 05-06-2021
Dropping this in here and in the Gray thread

We know Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill will be the top targets in KC. But what else is Patrick Mahomes working with? The draft could have changed a few things. My report on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/juYe5mTMYG

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) May 6, 2021

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:00 PM 05-06-2021

���� pic.twitter.com/J27YZGg2ZO

— Cornell Powell (@CornellPowell14) May 6, 2021

[Reply]
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up