ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2663 of 2694
« First < 1663216325632613265326592660266126622663 26642665266626672673 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:55 PM 02-22-2024

Postseasons with 100+ pass attempts and 100+ passer rating (rings won doing it), NFL history

1. Patrick Mahomes - 4 ������
2. Tom Brady - 3 ��
3. Kurt Warner - 2 ��
3. Drew Brees - 2 ��
3. Aaron Rodgers - 2 ��

— Scott Kacsmar (@ScottKacsmar) February 23, 2024

What a stat. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:59 PM 02-22-2024
bro is the fucking greatest
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 11:11 PM 02-22-2024
that 10 year old likely won't pan out, but it's cool that we're well into the "kids pretend they're mahomes" phase of things. dude is gonna be revered by this younger generation. just like jordan and messi.
[Reply]
srvy 11:35 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Check out the arm on "Lil Mahomes"

Hope he doesn't Todd Marinovich that kid!
[Reply]
srvy 11:37 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
[IMG]
from Imgflip Meme Generator
[/IMG]
Exactly who I thought of also when I watched the kids vid.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:19 AM 02-23-2024
I moved a lot as a kid, so sometimes I wonder what happened with the kids who were good at sports when I was in elementary school. In the pre-internet days, we lost contact pretty quickly. But I wonder if any of them ever ended up being good enough to get a scholarship or anything. Somehow I doubt it. No one was ever head and shoulders above the rest of us at that age, so they would've had to develop the skill later.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:23 AM 02-23-2024
Are the white kids who get the broccoli haircut getting perms or what?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:28 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

What a stat. :-)
The more stats u see like this the more obvious that Brady was carried through so many postseason by Belichick and pure blind luck. That is even WITH getting play calls and what the defense is doing through his helmet through the snap (According to Flutie)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:36 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
The more stats u see like this the more obvious that Brady was carried through so many postseason by Belichick and pure blind luck. That is even WITH getting play calls and what the defense is doing through his helmet through the snap (According to Flutie)
Have been banging that drum for over a decade here. Brady may very well be the most overrated athlete in sports history because of that team success. Outside of maybe a couple of years in the late 00's (where he didn't actually win the SB), you can't even make the argument that he was the best at his position during his time in the NFL (Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes were almost always better). It's impossible to name any other GOAT candidate in any other sport where that would also be the case.

This is why Brady fans are nervous:

Brady got his 16th playoff win at 34 years - 172 days old
Mahomes got his 15th playoff win at 28 years - 147 days old

Brady got his 4th ring at 37 years - 182 days old
Mahomes got his 3rd ring at 28 years - 147 days old…

— Barry (@BarryOnHere) February 23, 2024

[Reply]
crispystl 05:20 PM 02-23-2024
Have been banging that drum for over a decade here. Brady may very well be the most overrated athlete in sports history because of that team success. Outside of maybe a couple of years in the late 00's (where he didn't actually win the SB), you can't even make the argument that he was the best at his position during his time in the NFL (Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes were almost always better). It's impossible to name any other GOAT candidate in any other sport where that would also be the case.

He always was overrated AF. Anyone that's watched enough football can see it easily enough just by the eye test. There isn't anything Brady could do that Patrick can't, but you can't say the inverse is true.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:30 PM 02-23-2024
I know things were different in early 2000s but Brady had 1 td/ 1 int THE ENTIRE POSTSEASON in his first SB “run.”

Mahomes may play in a more qb friendly environment in this era, but that simply means that the qb must do more to win.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:45 PM 02-23-2024
Andy keeping Mahomes benched his first full year has always been such an underrated, thought provoking part of Mahomes development IMHO.

Mahomes was clearly slinging it in practice, on the scout team, etc. There's plenty of eye witness accounts and stories from players that Mahomes was already making heads turn. But Andy kept him benched that whole year, except the Week 17 Denver game.

Maybe it was out of respect to Alex Smith, but idk, Andy usually starts guys if he thinks they give him the best chance to win. I wonder what Andy saw in Mahomes that red shirt year that made him think he was still raw and needed another year in the oven. Footwork? Decision Making? Reading the defense? Just picking up the playbook and giving him time so he has more confidence in year 2? Idk what it was, but I'm glad it all worked out.

Makes me also think why other franchises don't do the same, except for the Packers. I guess job preservation is the first thing GMs and Head Coaches think about, so there's no time to "develop" a high round QB, they might be fired by then. They need to know what their return is on their investment right here and now.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:01 PM 02-23-2024
I remember a number of posters here complaining about Mahomes footwork. Until he started his second season and making throws that blew people's minds.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:32 PM 02-23-2024

Mahomes has a major opportunity to catch up to Brady in rings.

Brady hit that drought in the middle of his career before grabbing 4 late.

I just don’t see Mahomes doing that. He’s been too damn good, especially in the postseason. I also don’t see the QBs who are going to stop him for the next 7-8 years. Almost every good QB has an organizational issue to deal with in addition to not being on Mahomes’s level.

Practically any year we get the 1 seed will be a guaranteed trip to the Super Bowl. And now, we know being the 2-4 seed doesn’t kill our chances either.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:33 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
He always was overrated AF. Anyone that's watched enough football can see it easily enough just by the eye test. There isn't anything Brady could do that Patrick can't, but you can't say the inverse is true.
Good luck showing a highlight reel of both QBs to kids in 20 years and trying to justify that Brady was better.
[Reply]
Page 2663 of 2694
« First < 1663216325632613265326592660266126622663 26642665266626672673 > Last »
Up