Page 21 of 98
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL STOCK CHALLENGE & DISCUSSION THREAD****
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:48 AM 03-24-2022
Stock Discussion
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:30 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
TDOC hit 34.40 which would have made an 8% trade. But actually it could have been bought down around 28 which could have made 20%
TDOC hit 35.85 today , that would have covered the 10% off the initial buy on a 2 day trade. 35.01 was 10%
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:33 PM 04-29-2022
down 1000 today. just put retirement off another year.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:03 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
down 1000 today. just put retirement off another year.
Honest question, are you new to investing/following the market in the past 5 years?

A 1000 point drop shouldn’t delay your retirement by a year given your age. If it does, you’re 1) too heavily exposed, 2) haven’t saved enough for retirement for your age, 3) your drawdown amount is over extended for what you “need” to live on rather than what you “want” to live on.

Within the next 1-5 years we’re likely to see a cyclical recession with markets possibly cut in half from where we are now. Again, these things happen. If this market makes you nervous, you’ll slit your wrists at that.

Get more conservative if a 2.7% drop in the DOW makes you delay retirement.

I hope others share their recommendations to you.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:17 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Honest question, are you new to investing/following the market in the past 5 years?

A 1000 point drop shouldn’t delay your retirement by a year given your age. If it does, you’re 1) too heavily exposed, 2) haven’t saved enough for retirement for your age, 3) your drawdown amount is over extended for what you “need” to live on rather than what you “want” to live on.

Within the next 1-5 years we’re likely to see a cyclical recession with markets possibly cut in half from where we are now. Again, these things happen. If this market makes you nervous, you’ll slit your wrists at that.

My recommendation would be to wait for a 1000 point increase day and then move retirement up one year.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:56 AM 04-30-2022
So Amazon took a loss? First since 2015 and they’re in the midst of a unionization push?

That’s…..bad.

At this point they’re a mature company, and it’s going to be tougher to get skinny, methinks.

I was surprised to read that. I should get out of my hole and see what’s happening more.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:36 AM 04-30-2022
I'm working on the update and am all the way through Daface but have to leave to go show a house. Will finish shortly.
[Reply]
scho63 09:40 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So Amazon took a loss? First since 2015 and they’re in the midst of a unionization push?

That’s…..bad.

At this point they’re a mature company, and it’s going to be tougher to get skinny, methinks.

I was surprised to read that. I should get out of my hole and see what’s happening more.
My last day at Amazon is June 2. I see a lot of negatives in the short term.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:42 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Care to share. I know the unionization thing is pretty major.

But there is a LOT of money in the stock market that is tied to Amazon stock.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:07 PM 04-30-2022
OP and post #1 updated

Rainman is like ninja
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:38 PM 04-30-2022

Truthfully, I should never look at it. hoping to retire at 60. So 6-7 more years.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:41 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Congrats. Hope it is retirement and not moving on. dont know your age, but how many 50-70 year olds just sit around anymore. Most do something to earn a little as needed.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:15 AM 05-01-2022
Oh Crap!

Cathie bought 1,539,000 shares of ACCD on Friday.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:41 AM 05-01-2022

I assume that he's talking about the year to date and not just the most recent meltdown. It's certainly impacting my plans for retirement soon. I went from being positioned really well last Thanksgiving to now thinking that I need to work longer.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:45 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I assume that he's talking about the year to date and not just the most recent meltdown. It's certainly impacting my plans for retirement soon. I went from being positioned really well last Thanksgiving to now thinking that I need to work longer.
Did you see the updated OP? You slid in like a Ninja!
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:36 AM 05-01-2022

Since I’ve been asked a lot:

Buy stock in several companies that make products & services that *you* believe in.

Only sell if you think their products & services are trending worse. Don’t panic when the market does.

This will serve you well in the long-term.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 1, 2022

[Reply]
Page 21 of 98
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up