ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 324
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:20 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
First, name all the FAs the Chiefs have signed the last few seasons at a clear discount to the market because we’re a winning organization. I’m very excited to see your list.
Right off the bat... Ju-Ju at $3.76m (which went up to $9m on incentive bonuses) vs MVS at 3/30.

Originally Posted by :
Second, we signed MVS in the third wave of FA because we had traded Hill and needed to re-tool the WR room. We didn’t have a surplus of options.
I understand why we got him and why we had to pay him. I'm just not happy about it.

Originally Posted by :
Third, you’re not even looking at contracts in a remotely sensible or comparable way. Both MVS and Gage signed for 3/30mm. MVS got 8.5mm at signing and then 6.5mm if on the roster for 2023. Total 15mm at 7.5mm/yr for 2yrs or 8.5mm/1yr. Gage got 15mm at signing and then 5mm if on the roster for 2023. Total 20mm at 10mm/yr for 2yrs or 15mm/1yr.

If a 1yr deal, 8.5 < 15.
If a 2yr deal, 7.5 < 10.

Happy to see the value we got with MVS?
No, I'm not really happy with the "value" for MVS. I complained about no other regular as much as I did about MVS all season long. I sincerely hope that D-Hop wants to ring chase, Rice balls out, and we have someone come calling for MVS.

I guess it was an exaggeration to say he is overpaid when compared to others. Every dude in the NFL is there because they can play the game. Him going off in the AFCCG was phenomenal and I'm grateful. Do I trust him as an effective receiver all season long? No. MVS is Demarcus Robinson with a lower catch % and WAY more expensive.

The Patriots have JuJu as their #2/slot guy for less than we have MVS as a 4th option.
[Reply]
Passepartout 06:21 PM 05-26-2023
Wonder where we will land on. Good luck to DeAndre!
[Reply]
Mecca 06:25 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

The guarantees are generally already paid they just accelerate onto the cap if you had them spread over several years.

Either way Hopkins waaya top 3 paid WR during his time in Arizona and has made 111 million over his career.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:32 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Right off the bat... Ju-Ju at $3.76m (which went up to $9m on incentive bonuses) vs MVS at 3/30.

I understand why we got him and why we had to pay him. I'm just not happy about it.

No, I'm not really happy with the "value" for MVS. I complained about no other regular as much as I did about MVS all season long. I sincerely hope that D-Hop wants to ring chase, Rice balls out, and we have someone come calling for MVS.

I guess it was an exaggeration to say he is overpaid when compared to others. Every dude in the NFL is there because they can play the game. Him going off in the AFCCG was phenomenal and I'm grateful. Do I trust him as an effective receiver all season long? No. MVS is Demarcus Robinson with a lower catch % and WAY more expensive.

The Patriots have JuJu as their #2/slot guy for less than we have MVS as a 4th option.
Sorry, dude, but you don’t know what you’re talking about with respect to contracts if you think 1/ JuJu signed with the Chiefs at a lower value than he could’ve gotten elsewhere (still waiting on the rest of your list) and 2/ that JuJu is signed for less than MVS is getting right now. Not really worth continuing the discussion when you continue to make these claims after tapping out in 5 seconds when it’s clear your initial take that he’s “overpaid” was wrong.

It’s okay to not love MVS. He’s not great. He has flaws. But he plays a role in this offense and comparing a player who leads the league in average depth of target annually with other receivers like Demarcus Robinson is missing the point.
[Reply]
TLO 06:36 PM 05-26-2023
Adding to post count
[Reply]
In58men 06:39 PM 05-26-2023
He was spotted at KCI……obligatory post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
tredadda 06:42 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:

Dude looks more like Larry Fitzgerald.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:44 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Current Chiefs WRs 2022 total yards

MVS 687
James 569
Watson 315
Moore 250
Toney 171
Rice 0
Ross 0
Ross 0

...we could use the help.

Hopkins will want at least $15m to match OBJ, probably more.

Apparently, we can get $16m by extending Chris Jones and we have $1m currently available.
He’s still getting $21 million from the Tards for this season too.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:44 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They already did in the way of bonuses. He has that money…that’s why it’s dead.
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
From the looks of things, his base salary this year and next were not guaranteed. The only new money they may have had to pay him was his 4.5 mil option bonus. But that may have been paid in a previous year too, idk.

So in that sense, it makes sense that they weren't willing to eat any of his salary to facilitate a trade. It would have cost them more in dead cap just to get a mid pick back.

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
He’s still getting $21 million from the Tards for this season too.
11 mil was part of his signing bonus a few years ago. 7 mil was a restructure from who knows when. Both of those had been paid to him at the time of those deals. There was a 4.5 mil option bonus that MAYBE they paid this year.

But the cards are not paying him 21 mil this year. Not how that works.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:44 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Sorry, dude, but you don’t know what you’re talking about with respect to contracts if you think 1/ JuJu signed with the Chiefs at a lower value than he could’ve gotten elsewhere (still waiting on the rest of your list) and 2/ that JuJu is signed for less than MVS is getting right now. Not really worth continuing the discussion when you continue to make these claims after tapping out in 5 seconds when it’s clear your initial take that he’s “overpaid” was wrong.

It’s okay to not love MVS. He’s not great. He has flaws. But he plays a role in this offense and comparing a player who leads the league in average depth of target annually with other receivers like Demarcus Robinson is missing the point.
He signed a 1 year “prove-it” deal with the highest flying offense in the NFL with Jehovah himself as the QB. Yeah, I’m sure that wasn’t a massive motivation in signing with KC. But I don’t know the dude personally.

Did I “tap out” or did I concede a point like a rational human does when shown they have misspoke via exaggeration? As for by leading the league in average depth of target… what does that actually mean when his catch % is, on average, 10% lower to that of other players being paid in the same range?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:47 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:

you fucking idiot it says boston
[Reply]
New World Order 06:49 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you ****ing idiot it says boston
He took the Phoenix to Boston and then drove to kc
[Reply]
New World Order 06:49 PM 05-26-2023
So what’s the latest smoke
[Reply]
tredadda 06:51 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
So what’s the latest smoke
Apparently he’s in Boston or KCI depending on who you ask.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:55 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
He signed a 1 year “prove-it” deal with the highest flying offense in the NFL with Jehovah himself as the QB. Yeah, I’m sure that wasn’t a massive motivation in signing with KC. But I don’t know the dude personally.

Did I “tap out” or did I concede a point like a rational human does when shown they have misspoke via exaggeration? As for by leading the league in average depth of target… what does that actually mean when his catch % is, on average, 10% lower to that of other players being paid in the same range?
I’m sure he was motivated to sign in KC, but do you think he could’ve gotten a better deal elsewhere? Do you think all of these players are clamoring to sign with the Chiefs and we’re consistently getting discounts? Absolutely not.

And you made an exaggerated claim, realized you were incorrect, and tapped out. It’s like telling me that MVS is getting paid more than JuJu.

As for average depth of target and catch percentage, do you think you should be comparing a guy who is regularly targeted, say, 5-10yds downfield with a guy who is targeted 15-20yds downfield? Do you think catches per target should be equal between the two of them? No. Hence, the guy who leads the league in ADoT should be expected to have a somewhat lower catch percentage.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 324
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up