ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 324
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181231 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
TribalElder 10:11 PM 06-06-2023
who needs dhop

we got richie james bitches!

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-st...rprise-at-no-1
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:29 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
who needs dhop

we got richie james bitches!

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-st...rprise-at-no-1
What did the five fingers say to the football?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:51 PM 06-06-2023
Yeah the team that was first in points per drive, yds per drive, and scoring % wasn't very good. The team that scored on 46.4% of their drives really struggled and just lucked into this whole thing.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:33 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I mean, it's baloney. You're moving goal posts, man.

They didn't fail to score multiple weeks in a row. That's a fiction whether you allow yourself to see it or not.

But yes, I hope the WR room can be more effective in 2023 than 2022. And please note that the WR room in 2022 was BETTER than the WR room in 2021 in some key regards. Namely, yards per reception and yard per target, with a slightly worse but almost identical reception/target rate.
He means the WR's didn't score enough. He's obsessed with the RB's scoring too much and the WR's not enough. I've tried to explain that nobody cares, but he keeps going on about how it should be the WR's and that it's a sign that something is wrong. Of course, no context ever-no mention of Juju's knee, or Hardman missing half the year, or Toney not getting here until the trade deadline, or the AFCCG which he loves to bring up when we were down to MVS and Kemp taking meaningful snaps. I just can't with this guy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:40 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yeah the team that was first in points per drive, yds per drive, and scoring % wasn't very good. The team that scored on 46.4% of their drives really struggled and just lucked into this whole thing.
And we beefed up the offensive line, too, but since we're not getting DHop, we're really going to struggle to score points. Because McKinnon doesn't count when he scores. Only WR's. And since Skyy only caught 22 balls as a rookie, he'll only have that many this year. I mean, it's stats! But if you think McKinnon can do what he did again, that's crazy! It's an outlier! We're going to struggle!
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:37 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
But like I said, people will choose their own facts for comfort's sake.

Hopefully the WRs can be more effective in 2023, because unlike some, I have serious doubts the Chiefs can continue to win at the same rate when they fail to score for multiple weeks in a row.
If the facts of winning 2 SBs and making it to a 3rd, hosting the AFCCG every damn year, only ever losing to Brady or the Bengals when it matters the most, or any number of Mahomes' stats/accomplishments after 5 decades of shitty fucking quarterbacks isn't enough to comfort you for the future..... damn man, maybe sports isn't for you.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:05 AM 06-07-2023
That graphic shared on social media after we'd signed Richie. I think it said something like "When you buy OBJ on Wish" - Then showed their glam shots side-by-side. I'd say there's a good chance Richie outperforms OBJ - the only thing standing in his way is the fact that we have so many targets and only one ball. I think we're going to love us some RJ
[Reply]
Monticore 07:07 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If the facts of winning 2 SBs and making it to a 3rd, hosting the AFCCG every damn year, only ever losing to Brady or the Bengals when it matters the most, or any number of Mahomes' stats/accomplishments after 5 decades of shitty ****ing quarterbacks isn't enough to comfort you for the future..... damn man, maybe sports isn't for you.
Does he realize the other teams also employ professionals trained in football specialized in stopping our team from scoring points at football?
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:56 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
And we beefed up the offensive line, too, but since we're not getting DHop, we're really going to struggle to score points. Because McKinnon doesn't count when he scores. Only WR's. And since Skyy only caught 22 balls as a rookie, he'll only have that many this year. I mean, it's stats! But if you think McKinnon can do what he did again, that's crazy! It's an outlier! We're going to struggle!
I can't even imagine being so pessimistic about the offense, especially an offense that's been 1st in pts/drive for 3 out of the past 5 years, 2nd once, and 4th once. An offense that lost a top 2 WR in the league and was still the best offense in the league.

It's weird as shit, especially coming from Megatron. I mean he's usually pretty optimistic or at least pretty well grounded. Is he really this obsessed with DHop?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:25 AM 06-07-2023
If a sports show/blog makes a comment about a player it's true. Because they have a sports show/blog. I mean golly cheese whiz guys!
[Reply]
tredadda 08:30 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If the facts of winning 2 SBs and making it to a 3rd, hosting the AFCCG every damn year, only ever losing to Brady or the Bengals when it matters the most, or any number of Mahomes' stats/accomplishments after 5 decades of shitty fucking quarterbacks isn't enough to comfort you for the future..... damn man, maybe sports isn't for you.
Both in OT in the AFCCGs. Not counting SB LV in this.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:32 AM 06-07-2023
I see Megatron has gone full retard now.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:26 AM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Both in OT in the AFCCGs. Not counting SB LV in this.
It's funny because for decades we desperately tried to reframe the Chiefs' existence as more than it was (who wouldn't) and make up a narrative of "just make it into the playoffs and anything can happen" (narrator: it did not happen).

You just can't change the reality that you need a franchise QB to be consistently successful in the playoffs, and even one run to the SB would have been a small miracle.

So now we have that franchise quarterback and a few people want to continue changing reality, that the Chiefs are somehow in trouble every year for whatever reason.

Uh... sorry? You're stuck with a floor that's basically the AFFCG most years Mahomes is healthy (hell, even the Packers made like 5 NFCCGs with Rodgers despite their lack of success from that point).

You can't change reality that teams with franchise QBs have a huge advantage over the 28+ teams without.

By the time some people catch on, Mahomes could be retired and we'll be back to the first reality... and maybe some people prefer it that way? :-)
[Reply]
TLO 09:38 AM 06-07-2023
Closing in on 2000!!!!
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:50 AM 06-07-2023
Doing my part.
[Reply]
Page 131 of 324
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181231 > Last »
Up