ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2404 of 2693
« First < 1404190423042354239424002401240224032404 2405240624072408241424542504 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 09:34 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
michael!!!

"Did Chiefs take it or Bengals blow it?"

I guarantee nobody was asking that question on ESPN after any of the 3 prior games.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:21 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He may never have another game like that in his life.

But y'know what? To only save $7 million on the cap next season, it's an easy decision just because you know he can have games like this.

Obviously I've been pro MVS since before we even signed the guy, but even I didn't see him having this one in his crayon box.
Absolutely. I've not been a massive MVS homer, but I've always held the position that, especially at that price, his measurables alone are worth it. Dad was a muscle car guy in his youth and he always said there is no replacement for displacement. Always stuck in my head - anyway, I feel the same about measurables with a base level of competency. There is shit that he can do on a football field, stresses he can put on defense the Skyy Moores and DeMarcus Robinsons will never be able to do.

But then he went off and turned the dial to rape. If he can leverage at least ONE of those type of actions a game he can be very valuable. And even if not, that game is on tape, so it will at least be in coordinators heads.

Hat tip to MVS.

But since this is the Mahomes thread, I think Mahomes deserves some credit here. MVS has obviously wanted to play better than he has been. He's been as fiery as anyone on incompletions, and excited at successful plays. But I think most anyone ever - certainly not anyone in Green Bay - wouldn't think that was in his crayon box. But Mahomes at least to some extent brought it out of him. You can point to coaching, but there is no way Mahomes doesn't deserve some of credit for entrusting MVS. There are a fuckton of psychological theories in Management and Organizational Behavior all in search of motivating high performing employees. But at the root of it it takes faith - which of course you can't bullshit. And it's difficult, we already established none of us had it.

All that locker room intangible stuff is impossible to validate, much less measure, but it is truly amazing that the dude that has THAT talent can put his faith in a dude that came up short so many times this season.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:31 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It probably needs to be talked about more that Joe Burrow has actually never been good in the playoffs, like at all. He was truly poor tonight and you could plainly see the enormous gulf between the two of them even in a game where Mahomes wasn’t 100% and had nobody to throw to.
He's had 9 TDs in 7 playoff games and Mahomes has 32 in 13 games and 15 in his last 5. Anyone acting like he's even in the same stratosphere as Mahomes is retarded.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:33 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
michael!!!

That coke head cracks me up.
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:46 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Can you guys believe how ****ing lucky we are right now to be watching this and it to be OUR GUY.

Our choice to be a fan.. paid off.
I remember the days of Elvis Grbac all too well. The loss to Manning in the playoffs. The constent dissapointment with Alex Smith. There were days I worked overnight shift and woke up to see Chiefs lose another blunder thanks to Alex Smith being so mediocre. Half asleep I would just shake my head saying this team ain't winning shit with this guy.
It's a blessing to have Mahomes be drafted by the team you had been following as a fan for the prior two decades. Truly a blessing.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:16 AM 01-31-2023

[Reply]
RunKC 11:29 AM 01-31-2023
Anyone believe this? I believe the Bears like Patrick and maybe told him they wanted to draft him but if they really wanted him they would have fucking done it

�� The Bears told Patrick Mahomes that they were going to draft him, according TO HIS FATHER.

No, not changing the avatar. You must never forget that bum Ryan Pace. Receipts on all the Pace truthers have been kept. pic.twitter.com/iZSj7KQV3f

— Joe Ostrowski (@JoeOstrowski) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:48 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anyone believe this? I believe the Bears like Patrick and maybe told him they wanted to draft him but if they really wanted him they would have ****ing done it

Pace wanted Trubisky.

Sounds like a smoke screen.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:54 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anyone believe this? I believe the Bears like Patrick and maybe told him they wanted to draft him but if they really wanted him they would have fucking done it

Mahomes told me the exact same thing. Not that the Bears had some interest in him but that they explicitly said they were going to draft him. That’s what sparked the “counting on the hands” reaction because he was annoyed when they didn’t follow through.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:56 AM 01-31-2023
If he wins MVP and a SB in the same season, it cements his legacy as an all-time great, even if he retires tomorrow. I believe only Brady, Manning, and Montana won 2 SBs and 2 MVPs.

Anything after that is just padding his legacy.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:58 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Mahomes told me the exact same thing. Not that the Bears had some interest in him but that they explicitly said they were going to draft him. That’s what sparked the “counting on the hands” reaction because he was annoyed when they didn’t follow through.
No he didn’t.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:59 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It’s pretty cruel of their front office to do that. I’m glad it backfired on Chicago.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:02 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
No he didn’t.
Why would Twisted lie about that?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:15 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
No he didn’t.
I was in the same room, and I can confirm he did tell him that.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:16 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It’s pretty cruel of their front office to do that. I’m glad it backfired on Chicago.
I wonder why you would tell a player that. My only theories are:

1. You sincerely believed and then changed your mind later.

2. You're trying to give him misinformation in the hope that he'll share it and somehow screw over another team. But given that the Bears traded up to get Trubisky, they wouldn't want other teams to start trying to trade up. Why would they want other teams to think they're going to take him? They had the #3 pick to start with. The only subterfuge would be to try to get some other team to trade up to #1 or #2 for Patrick so they could be more likely to get Trubisky at #3.
[Reply]
Page 2404 of 2693
« First < 1404190423042354239424002401240224032404 2405240624072408241424542504 > Last »
Up