Page 20 of 142
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:12 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by LGOLED:
I don't keep track of all his individual passes. I do remember the last time he did this, though:

"Last time" being the crucial message here. It will be his last time.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:36 PM 01-14-2019
Rebuttal? You have no one who can cover White or Burkead, and if your already thin secondary decides to double Edelman, then Gronk, Hogan and Dorsett, in addition to White and Burkhead, will shred you.
You are assuming we will have no pass rush in Arrowhead for this too happen then? :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 03:39 PM 01-14-2019
Our offense better be ready to handle a bunch of blitzes like the Patriots sent against the Chargers. I think they will do the same thing against us. The best way to keep Hill from catching long bombs is to not give him enough time to get deep. They will bump Hill and blitz extra guys. Our offensive line has never been great at handle the blitz under Andy Heck. Especially stunts and Zone edge.

I expect to see multiple guys coming off the edge on the (our)right side to keep Mahomes from rolling to the right and throwing those wild passes he is so great at. Schwartz and whoever is at RG need to be on the same page.
[Reply]
Shoes 03:43 PM 01-14-2019
Biggest adjustment I remember from the week 6 game is how much effort the Patriots put into taking Kelce away. Whether he was lined up out wide, in the slot or at the conventional TE position beside the tackle the Patriots ALWAYS had someone bumping him at the line of scrimmage.

It will be interesting to see the adjustment for KC to try and free up Kelce more. I think Sammy Watkins is going to be crucial for our offense as well.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:48 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by BostonCheatriots:
CHIEFS WILL WIN...

THIS IS WHY NE NEEDS THAT #1 SEED EVERY YR...THEY SUCK OUTSIDE OF NE
Tom, is that you?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:49 PM 01-14-2019
Brady was 5/6 on passes of 10 yards or greater, and 1/2 on passes of 20+ yards. Against a top 10 defense.

Yeah, the guy clearly can't throw passes of more than 5 yards downfield. You got us good, "Beef Supreme."
Thats 1 drive for Mahomes.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:49 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Repeatedly dumping off to the RB just isn't that impressive.

[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:52 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Watching this just shows how fucking dumb LAC coach were. You CANNOT play soft zone vs the Patriots....... Hell any experienced QB will cut you to pieces.

Zone Blitz with Man Coverage mixed in, stunt Houston inside for rushing.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:53 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Biggest adjustment I remember from the week 6 game is how much effort the Patriots put into taking Kelce away. Whether he was lined up out wide, in the slot or at the conventional TE position beside the tackle the Patriots ALWAYS had someone bumping him at the line of scrimmage.

It will be interesting to see the adjustment for KC to try and free up Kelce more. I think Sammy Watkins is going to be crucial for our offense as well.
It's mandatory that we get Watkins involved early to pull people off of Kelce and Hill. Do that along with a better defensive performance and we might pull it out.
[Reply]
BostonCheatriots 03:56 PM 01-14-2019
CM ON CHIEFS .... KILL THESE MOFOS FOR THE REST OF US FANS...KILL THEM CHIEFS END THEM... THE WHOLE NFL FAN BASE AND COUNTRY HATES THESE OVERRATED TRASH OF AN ORGANIZATION...CM ON CHIEFS THE WHOLE COUNTRY IS ROOTING FOR YOU TO END THIS SHT SHOW..
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:58 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Our offense better be ready to handle a bunch of blitzes like the Patriots sent against the Chargers. I think they will do the same thing against us. The best way to keep Hill from catching long bombs is to not give him enough time to get deep. They will bump Hill and blitz extra guys. Our offensive line has never been great at handle the blitz under Andy Heck. Especially stunts and Zone edge.

I expect to see multiple guys coming off the edge on the (our)right side to keep Mahomes from rolling to the right and throwing those wild passes he is so great at. Schwartz and whoever is at RG need to be on the same page.
Rivers looked like a dope handling blitzes vs the ravens. It's not a surprise he didn't know how to handle new England. Arizona and Baltimore were great clinics for how to handle a lot of blitz looks. New England won't do anything close to what Baltimore did on defense in terms of exotic looks.

We will counter their pressure with the screen game and tons of creative misdirection. And unlike the second half of the season, Watson now gives us a lethal short game. And mahomes will throw NE off with a hard count vs a quiet crowd. NEs defense played us tough the first time around. But I think the second half showed us a good blueprint for how we can exploit them. Meanwhile, I have a feeling our new look defense has a chance to completely catch new England off guard.
[Reply]
BostonCheatriots 03:58 PM 01-14-2019
CM ON CHIEFS DON’T MAKE US WATCH ANOTHER SB WITH THESE TRASH IN IT.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:05 PM 01-14-2019
The second half was such a great boot camp for mahomes. It's amazing how he's progressed since AZ even if he's putting up less cartoonish numbers. Getting stripped of his weapons playing a brutal defensive schedule helped him a ton. NE will see an entirely different qb than the one who was lukewarm the first half of the first NE game.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:08 PM 01-14-2019
I think it's important to note the impact the refs are having and not having in these playoffs and how it affects the Chiefs' ability to play D.

The refs are letting the DB's get grabby. In nearly every game i watched, a lot of flags that would normally get thrown in the secondary aren't being thrown.

The Patriots DB's had fists full of Jersey on Sunday against the Chargers. Muggin' 'em.

That's great for man coverage teams. Both the Pats and Chiefs are man coverage teams
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 04:11 PM 01-14-2019
Some people call the Patriots the "Pats".

Discuss.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 142
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up