ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 192
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Icon 03:47 PM 04-06-2024
I wonder how much the Rashee Rice legal situation might affect which WR the Chiefs consider at 32. With Rashee likely out for the first part of the season we likely need a rookie WR to step in quickly which would likely favor someone like Ladd McConkey who seems like a guy that could step in right away. I like a bunch of these WRs but some of them might take a year to develop (especially in KC's offense).
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:16 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
A singular "failure" does not change the type of player Reid employs at the position. I can't stress that enough.

And I wouldn't even call Moore a failure because he's been every bit as productive as a guy like Demarcus Robinson was. Moore simply wasn't worth his draft position and then that is further compounded by the "what if" crowd. There are a bunch of what-if situations in every draft. The thing is, when Demarcus Robinson was sucking shit as a starter, he was given more of a pass because we had Tyreek opposite him and he was a 4th round pick.

If we were to swap Chenal and Moore's draft positions in the 2022 draft, would people be as negative about Moore as they are? I sincerely doubt it.
Robinson was useful playing for the Rams last year.

There is no contest in who is better. Drob by a mile.

Skyy Moore just doesn't have ANY + NFL traits. He is worse than guys sitting on some practice squads.

His value is exactly that, a backup of a backup.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:56 PM 04-06-2024
Yeah. Seems unbelievable but DRob was a far better WR than Skyy will probably ever be. The statistical comparison is just shocking/disappointing/irritating.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:53 PM 04-06-2024
D-Rob had 212 yards and zero TD’s his first 2 years. Statistically Skyy has done more than Robinson at that point in his career
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:04 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
D-Rob had 212 yards and zero TD’s his first 2 years. Statistically Skyy has done more than Robinson at that point in his career

Whilst we conveniently just forget that DRob was behind who in the pecking order at the time vs. who Skyy was behind?

Love how we forget important details like that, lol
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:35 PM 04-06-2024
Skyy Moore's best game was away at the Chargers in his rookie year where he caught everything. He played in the slot that day but has been constantly moved around since then. Not gonna write him off just yet and I ain't writing off Ross either. They just need to work hard this offseason, go into camp ready to grind and then take it step by step into the warm up games and onwards to the warm up games.

Adam Thielan's first two years were bad.

Julian Edelman's first four years were bad

Jordan Nelson's first three years were bad

Wes Welker first three years were bad

So anything is possible. He just needs to work on finding those spaces and sitting in the zones. This is what made Juju and Rice work so well with Pat.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:40 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by Icon:
I wonder how much the Rashee Rice legal situation might affect which WR the Chiefs consider at 32. With Rashee likely out for the first part of the season we likely need a rookie WR to step in quickly which would likely favor someone like Ladd McConkey who seems like a guy that could step in right away. I like a bunch of these WRs but some of them might take a year to develop (especially in KC's offense).
Nope it should change nothing. We did that with Hardman and it didn't help us as much as we hoped. Get the best receiver possible and let the cards fall where they may. I think we'll be choosing between..

Franklin
Leggette
Worthy
Coleman
Ladd
Baker

Someone might reach for Worthy but I fully expect the others to be there at 32 tbh.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:59 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah. Seems unbelievable but DRob was a far better WR than Skyy will probably ever be. The statistical comparison is just shocking/disappointing/irritating.
The fuck he is. Robinson was just as much ass, if not worse his first few years. Hell, he's still ass and can't run the correct routes.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:25 PM 04-07-2024
I will say I think the dark horse pick for the Chiefs in the first rd is Troy Franklin. He’s got size, good hands and is a proven outside WR. He isn’t just an MVS type player. He tracks the ball really well and can run routes.

The poor 10 yard time isn’t a huge red flag for teams. His tape is really really good
[Reply]
staylor26 12:42 PM 04-07-2024
I will say I think the dark horse pick for the Chiefs in the first rd is Troy Franklin. He’s got size, good hands and is a proven outside WR. He isn’t just an MVS type player. He tracks the ball really well and can run routes.

The poor 10 yard time isn’t a huge red flag for teams. His tape is really really good
Absolutely. If I had to pick the 2 most likely Chiefs picks today it would be Worthy or Franklin.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:35 PM 04-07-2024

In the 2nd round, maybe.

Still would be uninspiring.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:37 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Absolutely. If I had to pick the 2 most likely Chiefs picks today it would be Worthy or Franklin.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Buffalo got him tbh. But he’d fit in really well here
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:22 PM 04-07-2024
Will Smith hanging curves - hold on while I find my surprised reaction.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:41 PM 04-07-2024
We need at least 2 WRs in the draft and a cheap vet IMO.
Rice will get suspended and Brown is on a 1-yr deal.
I don't trust anyone after that, I'd happily turn them all over.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:33 PM 04-07-2024
I feel like this WR class is so unique. It’s just so fun. Aside from Keon Coleman I don’t think there’s a WR that I would be irritated with us drafting.

It’s like when you’re a kid in an ice cream shop. You’re gonna be happy with what you get 99% of the time unless it’s some crap flavor like green tea or rum raisin.
[Reply]
Page 166 of 192
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176 > Last »
Up