ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:13 PM 05-28-2021
I was surprised to see they are actually trying this Jones at DE look. If he can do it effectively, that base DL is nasty with Jones/Reed/Nnadi/Clark. Gonna be tough as hell to run on that group and then Hitchens and Gay are just flying around with ease.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I was surprised to see they are actually trying this Jones at DE look. If he can do it effectively, that base DL is nasty with Jones/Reed/Nnadi/Clark. Gonna be tough as hell to run on that group and then Hitchens and Gay are just flying around with ease.
I noticed that in the photos as well.

Wonder if it’s because Clark isn’t there, or they’re really going in that direction for the season.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:21 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
To be clear, are they talking about Chris playing DE between G/T, or as an Edge?

If we line up Clark/Jones/Reed/(Taco or Danna?) that could be solid.

But if they are talking about Jones lined up on the Edge, will he have the bend & speed combo to be as effective as he would be in the middle?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:25 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
To be clear, are they talking about Chris playing DE between G/T, or as an Edge?

If we line up Clark/Jones/Reed/(Taco or Danna?) that could be solid.

But if they are talking about Jones lined up on the Edge, will he have the bend & speed combo to be as effective as he would be in the middle?
I think they are wanting to give him more looks there on run predicted downs, your 1st and 10s, or against teams who run a lot.

As an edge pass rusher, he should easily overpower most tackles but speed and bend is likely to be marginal.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:30 PM 05-28-2021
Yea, Jones isn’t playing DE on passing downs. Taco or Danna would come in, and they’d slide him inside with Reed.
[Reply]
O.city 01:31 PM 05-28-2021
I’d prefer to keep the all pro defensive tackle at defensive tackle where he kicks ass
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:45 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Noted
[Reply]
RunKC 01:46 PM 05-28-2021
Not a big fan tbh. Any competent QB could just audible to a pass if Jones is at DE.

I like Chris but he isn’t doing anything exceptional as a pass rushing DE except pushing tackles into the QB’s lap
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:51 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not a big fan tbh. Any competent QB could just audible to a pass if Jones is at DE.

I like Chris but he isn’t doing anything exceptional as a pass rushing DE except pushing tackles into the QB’s lap
That's a lot more than what we got from Kpass last year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:05 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I noticed that in the photos as well.

Wonder if it’s because Clark isn’t there, or they’re really going in that direction for the season.
Orlando Brown talks about going up against Chris Jones in the 10 minute video posted yesterday, so it sounds like they're at least giving him some practice time at DE.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:07 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Orlando Brown talks about going up against Chris Jones in the 10 minute video posted yesterday, so it sounds like they're at least giving him some practice time at DE.
Oh they definitely are.

In one of the photos you can see Jones at LDE with Reed and Nnadi inside and either Taco or Danna at RDE.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:12 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh they definitely are.

In one of the photos you can see Jones at LDE with Reed and Nnadi inside and either Taco or Danna at RDE.
Awesome
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:55 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

If you have Reed in there at his DT spot, I’m ok with that. That’s still a group that should be able to rush the passer with effectiveness.

Jones shouldn’t be playing DE that much, but I don’t think it’s something he can’t or shouldn’t do. Not given our depth at DT and lack thereof at DE.
[Reply]
TEX 09:52 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’d prefer to keep the all pro defensive tackle at defensive tackle where he kicks ass
Exactly!
[Reply]
staylor26 03:37 PM 06-04-2021
This is the most underrated move of the entire offseason, not just for the Chiefs either, but the entire NFL.

Just wait...
[Reply]
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up