ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3662 of 3903
« First < 2662316235623612365236583659366036613662 3663366436653666367237123762 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hamwallet 05:40 PM 08-17-2021
I have one question. Is the entire word R world now?
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:04 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
What are the sane and reasonable folks thoughts in here about boosters?
Am I allowed to answer?

If so, I'll do what the health people tell me to do. They're going to know a lot more about that stuff than me.
[Reply]
TLO 06:04 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
Hoo boy
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:06 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Am I allowed to answer?

If so, I'll do what the health people tell me to do. They're going to know a lot more about that stuff than me.
But experts are wrong sometimes. Youtube is never wrong.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:06 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
Resistant? No, I think a lot of countries are having trouble getting vaccines.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:07 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
But experts are wrong sometimes. Youtube is never wrong.
I lost faith in youtube as an information source when I saw a video about the greatest piano intros to songs, and "Come Sail Away" wasn't on it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:07 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Came across this the other day. Just wondering what are your opinions on this? Can you prove/disprove anything that is said here?
I am truly curious. Not trying to push any agenda.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSgC0SdjRKK/
*crickets*

Inconvenient truths (aka “MISINFORMATION!”)

Of course they can’t disprove any of it.

I’m guessing that won’t last long on Instagram.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 06:08 PM 08-17-2021
Hoo boy
I picked my words and the order carefully.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:11 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
*crickets*

Inconvenient truths (aka “MISINFORMATION!”)

Of course they can’t disprove any of it.

I’m guessing that won’t last long on Instagram.

I listened to the first 60 seconds, and gave up. The woman said that no one is talking about treatment and the entire emphasis is on vaccines and masks.

Well, yeah. The emphasis is on prevention. The public needs to know about prevention because that's where the public can affect things. Why would they talk about treatments?
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:16 PM 08-17-2021
There have been tons of studies done on treatments. Some work, some don't. HCQ and ivermectin have been shown, in real studies, to not be effective. Very early on they figured out that proning patients helped and it instantly spread around the medical community.

Tons of effort goes into improving treatment. It just doesn't make the news.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:19 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
There have been tons of studies done on treatments. Some work, some don't. HCQ and ivermectin have been shown, in real studies, to not be effective. Very early on they figured out that proning patients helped and it instantly spread around the medical community.

Tons of effort goes into improving treatment. It just doesn't make the news.
Prevention is the best medicine.
[Reply]
SPchief 06:24 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
You do realize they don't treat vaccinated and unvaccinated the same in hospitals right? If you are vaccinated they don't test you for covid unless you are symptomatic. If you are un-vaccinated they do test you for covid even if you're asymptomatic.

That's not true at all
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:36 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
You do realize they don't treat vaccinated and unvaccinated the same in hospitals right? If you are vaccinated they don't test you for covid unless you are symptomatic. If you are un-vaccinated they do test you for covid even if you're asymptomatic.

Put it this way. If both of us go to the hospital because of heart attacks, you are vaccinated, I am not. They will test me for covid, even though I'm not there for Covid. They won't test you. If I show a positive test result, even though I'm not there for Covid, even though I'm asymptomatic, I'm considered "hospitalized with Covid". You won't be. Even if you are positive and asymptomatic just like me. They don't test you.

Why do they do this? Why would I even be considered "covid related hospitalization" when my hospitalization has nothing to do with Covid? I'm there for a heart attack and asymptomatic. There is nothing scientific about this. When you intentionally skew data like this you've lost every bit of trust I would otherwise have in you.
You are completely wrong here. All incoming patients are tested. If any patient tests positive they are put into the Covid protocol. When they have procedures we have to make all OR/Surgical/Procedure rooms have negative pressure to ensure that Covid is not released from those rooms. Once they are treated those rooms are sanitized with both chemical and UV sanitization procedures. Then they would be put in the Covid unit for recovery. In that unit, all rooms are negative pressure that has the air scrubber with HEPA filters. We have had to do this for everyone that has a medical need, from horrible accidents to pregnant women delivering babies. We are very close to stopping all elective, non-emergent procedures because we have very little space left. I work at a 500 bed facility.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:40 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I listened to the first 60 seconds, and gave up. The woman said that no one is talking about treatment and the entire emphasis is on vaccines and masks.

Well, yeah. The emphasis is on prevention. The public needs to know about prevention because that's where the public can affect things. Why would they talk about treatments?
And therein lies the problem. You guys are so invested in the media-driven narrative that you won’t even listen to other possibilities.

Studies have shown that it only takes about 6 weeks of propagandizing to thoroughly brainwash a population and ruin their ability to see reason. And at that point, nothing they’re presented with will change their mind. If that isn’t playing out before our eyes...

Hell, earlier in this thread somebody suggested that people with PhDs have less common sense than those with lesser degrees as an attempt to explain why PhDs are less likely to take the vaccine.

The nonsense that’s been thrown at us for the last 16 months should be laughed at and treated like comedy. A farce. But no one’s laughing.
[Reply]
SupDock 08-17-2021, 07:48 PM
This message has been deleted by SupDock. Reason: Unhelpful
Fish 07:50 PM 08-17-2021
What are the sane and reasonable folks thoughts in here about boosters?
I got the Moderna. So, personally I don't feel it's necessary for me at this point. But if new info comes out showing anything different than what we currently know, I'd absolutely consider it.
[Reply]
Page 3662 of 3903
« First < 2662316235623612365236583659366036613662 3663366436653666367237123762 > Last »
Up