ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 71
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:25 PM 11-30-2022
According to Sagarin KU would be favored by -2 playing Mizzouche today.

I will be in CoMo most likely for the game if any of you want to meet the Legend
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:04 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Difficulties w/ Porter's family?

Lisa was a problem. Their wacko views on health were a problem.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:59 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Lisa was a problem. Their wacko views on health were a problem.
The veganism shit that turned the kids' bodies to fail them?

I was doing some digging and came across something I hadn't seen before,

"I kept playing through junior year, through senior year of high school, just with some nagging back pain. Always tried to go to different chiropractors, always tried to go to different therapists, to help me get it better.”

Porter’s injury woes continued as a freshman at Missouri. Porter said a therapist, whom he declined to name, made his injury worse while at Missouri.

“At Mizzou I kept seeing more chiropractors, and I remember one chiropractor did an adjustment and the pain moved from my back to my hips, and I was like, ‘What’s going on?’ ” Porter said. “And the chiropractor was like, ‘It’s new muscles turning on it.’ And then it stayed with me for like three days, and I noticed my leg getting a little smaller … and I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’

“So I tried to jump at practice on my left leg and I couldn’t jump as high. And so that’s when I knew something was really messed up, and that was like the day before our first game against Iowa State. So that was the scariest thing ever.”

Like wtf? This kid was having back issues since his JR year in high school and just kept going to different chiropractors. Did Mizzou know about his back problems before the Iowa St game? Did the family have the audacity to try and act like Mizzou was responsible for the injury? This is just nuts that he was having back pain for that long and seems he didn't go to any actual doctors.

Like it's not a coincidence or bad luck when every single fucking kid in that family has an insane amount of injuries.

Bri Porter had like 5 torn ACLs and had to medically retire

Cierra Porter had multiple knee injuries that led to surgeries and she had to medically retire

Michael Porter had his back issues and back surgery in college and then gets to the NBA and once again has back surgery. He then hurts it again during rehab

Jontay Porter tore his ACL and MCL, then after he was healed he tore his ACL again.

Coban Porter - tore his meniscus during a pickup game.

Jevon Porter is a 6'11" freshmen at Pepperdine. He was a top 75 recruit and hasn't had an injury yet.

Jayda Porter - hasn't hurt herself yet and plays college basketball

Izaak Porter - High school senior that's not yet been injured
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:12 AM 12-01-2022
It's amazing how incompetent he was. It's also amazing to come to this realization:

The Tigers have a competent coach who understands offensive basketball and how to mold his style to the team he has (rather than pounding the team he has into a specific style) for the first time since Frank Haith was the coach.

Haith had faults, but he was still much better at this than either Kermit the Coach or CuonzNO.

Those two guys ruined basketball for me.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:09 AM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The veganism shit that turned the kids' bodies to fail them?

I was doing some digging and came across something I hadn't seen before,

"I kept playing through junior year, through senior year of high school, just with some nagging back pain. Always tried to go to different chiropractors, always tried to go to different therapists, to help me get it better.”

Porter’s injury woes continued as a freshman at Missouri. Porter said a therapist, whom he declined to name, made his injury worse while at Missouri.

“At Mizzou I kept seeing more chiropractors, and I remember one chiropractor did an adjustment and the pain moved from my back to my hips, and I was like, ‘What’s going on?’ ” Porter said. “And the chiropractor was like, ‘It’s new muscles turning on it.’ And then it stayed with me for like three days, and I noticed my leg getting a little smaller … and I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’

“So I tried to jump at practice on my left leg and I couldn’t jump as high. And so that’s when I knew something was really messed up, and that was like the day before our first game against Iowa State. So that was the scariest thing ever.”

Like wtf? This kid was having back issues since his JR year in high school and just kept going to different chiropractors. Did Mizzou know about his back problems before the Iowa St game? Did the family have the audacity to try and act like Mizzou was responsible for the injury? This is just nuts that he was having back pain for that long and seems he didn't go to any actual doctors.

Like it's not a coincidence or bad luck when every single fucking kid in that family has an insane amount of injuries.

Bri Porter had like 5 torn ACLs and had to medically retire

Cierra Porter had multiple knee injuries that led to surgeries and she had to medically retire

Michael Porter had his back issues and back surgery in college and then gets to the NBA and once again has back surgery. He then hurts it again during rehab

Jontay Porter tore his ACL and MCL, then after he was healed he tore his ACL again.

Coban Porter - tore his meniscus during a pickup game.

Jevon Porter is a 6'11" freshmen at Pepperdine. He was a top 75 recruit and hasn't had an injury yet.

Jayda Porter - hasn't hurt herself yet and plays college basketball

Izaak Porter - High school senior that's not yet been injured

That was part of it. The other part of it was Lisa calling all the shots on medical decisions and avoiding common medical advice in lieu of YouTube research and advice from her fellow Quiverfull parents in their wacky mega church community.

They weren’t using team resources for any of the surgeries or treatments they were undergoing in college, or during rehab. The team had no clue he had back issues coming in and had no input or knowledge of what was happening even while Michael was part of the team and his dad was a “coach.”

They found out he was going to Dallas to have surgery on Twitter or Instagram. Etc.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:17 AM 12-01-2022
Does anyone even care about the MU KU rivalry anymore?

Feels like the hype level is 0.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 11:26 AM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:

All us old bastards still care.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:33 AM 12-01-2022

I hate kansas like PB hates himself.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:39 AM 12-01-2022
I hate kansas like PB hates himself.
I'd like to see some quality games against them again because the atmospheres were always electric - they were a lot of fun.

But I don't have the level of visceral loathing I once did. Honestly, I kinda really hate Georgia now. Tennessee is another team I really enjoy taking shots at but we need to get our !@#$ in order to keep from getting waxed by them going forward in both sports.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:05 PM 12-01-2022
Gates was our female AD's first major hire, right?

Can't say I was a big fan of her getting the job - but that wasn't really based on anything other than my initial (somewhat sexist?) perception of it. So far, so good it seems. Gates looks like the real deal. I finally got to see them play for the first time a couple nights ago and it was sooooo much better than watching a Cuonzo team.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 12:06 PM 12-01-2022
Kentucky, for mainly football reasons, has become my new kU.

I enjoy the nostalgia of the matchup but no where near what it was.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:41 PM 12-01-2022

I don't like Kansas, but it's not how I used to hate them. I actually respect them now, mostly because of their basketball team and I actually thought there little hot streak in football was kind of cool.

I'm hoping this game brings back some of that hatred.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:13 PM 12-01-2022
My hate for KU will be around until Norm Stewart dies.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:23 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
My hate for KU will be around until Norm Stewart dies.
That won't be much longer based on how rough he looks.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:53 PM 12-01-2022
Per PowerMizzou:

Mizzou #37 right now in Kenpom

Upcoming games vs:

#3 Tennessee
#4 Kentucky
#12 Alabama
#13 Arkansas
#16 Illinois
#17 kansas
#19 Auburn