ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Perhaps an unpopular opinion - I don't like the holidays
TLO 08:09 AM 11-23-2021
This is kind of hard to talk about, and I'm not certain of the words to explain why I don't like them.

Anyone else feel the same way?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:21 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Wife and I are actually taking off after Christmas because my brother is coming for 10(!) days and they’re planning shit for every day. Wife is a teacher and that’s the whole break. All of it. So I told mom since we didn’t go anywhere at all this year we’re getting out of town for a bit.

I just can’t do it. I will lose my shit. And my wife might divorce my cunt sister. And by extension, me.
Seems like everybody would enjoy the holidays more if your cunt sister was simply told she is not welcome.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:22 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Seems like everybody would enjoy the holidays more if your cunt sister was simply told she is not welcome.
:-):-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:23 PM 11-23-2021
Bugeater's garage is nicer than 95 percent of New York apartments.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:25 PM 11-23-2021
I’m not going down a her or me path because I won’t like the outcome.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:26 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
:-):-)
I'm dead serious. Anybody who acted like that in my house would be shown the fucking door. I don't care who they are.

As Rick Blaine once said, "I don't like disturbances in my place. Either lay off politics or get out."
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:27 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've never been big on holidays, or at least not past the age of 8 or so. I'm just not big on traditions. I think maybe it's because I'm usually running at full capacity and holidays just seem like a lot of extra work when I don't have a lot of capacity. That's a bad attitude, I know. I feel like maybe when I retire I might actually start getting into them.
Work tends to slow down for me during the holidays and always ramps up as soon as they're over, so it's always been a time for me to use PTO, relax, and recharge.

I think she's trying to ostracize me from the group. If I had known that, I would have moved the centerpiece years ago.
:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:27 PM 11-23-2021
I’m not going down a her or me path because I won’t like the outcome.
Seems like the outcome would be one less cunt in your life. What's the downside?
[Reply]
JakeF 10:31 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
You’re not the only one.

I’ve been in law enforcement for 10 years. Every year we see way more attempted OD’s, suicides than any other time of year.
Hmmm, wow.

This is the first time I have EVER told anyone how I feel on holidays. I figured they would send me to a shrink or something if they knew. Or look at me funny and ask me lots of annoying questions about "How i feel?"

Now I find out that lots of people feel the same way. Whodathunkit?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:44 PM 11-23-2021
I've never been big on holidays, or at least not past the age of 8 or so. I'm just not big on traditions. I think maybe it's because I'm usually running at full capacity and holidays just seem like a lot of extra work when I don't have a lot of capacity. That's a bad attitude, I know. I feel like maybe when I retire I might actually start getting into them.

I went back to Missouri a couple of weeks ago for a semi-holiday thing. I thought it went well, and then after I got back I received 26 text messages (actual count, not an exaggeration) from my sister about what terrible people my wife and I are. It was mostly centered on the fact that we moved a small decorative centerpiece on her counter when putting out the plates for a breakfast get-together, but apparently we also called at an inconvenient time to ask what types of coffee we could bring over for the breakfast. According to her, we were "control freaks" for doing these things and unspeakably rude.

I think she's trying to ostracize me from the group. If I had known that, I would have moved the centerpiece years ago.
I see I’m not alone in the cunt sister department. Sorry man. Empathy.

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Work tends to slow down for me during the holidays and always ramps up as soon as they're over, so it's always been a time for me to use PTO, relax, and recharge.

:-)
That would be nice. Farmers operate on a Cash basis, so we should manage financials at the end of the year. I’m the only jackass around that deals with it and of course if we need to do something different with a depreciation schedule or something the accountant isn’t around much during the holidays. so I always get weird looks when I tell fuckers I’m super busy between Christmas and New Years. So I’m always the bad guy.

Seems like the outcome would be one less cunt in your life. What's the downside?
Dads farm and my farm are intertwined heavily. It is in everybody’s best interest to get along. Because while my dad probably can’t run his farm without me I don’t think it would matter and my mom would definitely take her side because years ago she told me if she puts her foot down with her “the only ones that would get hurt are the kids.” And she knows I’ll take care of my family. So dueces yo.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:54 PM 11-23-2021
This is the first time since before the pandemic that I’ve been back in the states and been able to spend it with family. I’ve lost quite a bit of family the last five years from sickness and getting older. Anytime you can spend time holidays with family and loved ones it’s a blessing.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:58 PM 11-23-2021

I went back to Missouri a couple of weeks ago for a semi-holiday thing. I thought it went well, and then after I got back I received 26 text messages (actual count, not an exaggeration) from my sister about what terrible people my wife and I are. It was mostly centered on the fact that we moved a small decorative centerpiece on her counter when putting out the plates for a breakfast get-together, but apparently we also called at an inconvenient time to ask what types of coffee we could bring over for the breakfast. According to her, we were "control freaks" for doing these things and unspeakably rude.

Missed this one earlier. Wow. My brother-in-law is becoming less of a douche by the minute.

Dads farm and my farm are intertwined heavily. It is in everybody’s best interest to get along. Because while my dad probably can’t run his farm without me I don’t think it would matter and my mom would definitely take her side because years ago she told me if she puts her foot down with her “the only ones that would get hurt are the kids.” And she knows I’ll take care of my family. So dueces yo.
Sadly, that makes sense. It just sucks that everybody has to suffer for the actions of one person who can't work and play well with others.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:06 PM 11-23-2021
I'm wondering whether my family and Buehler's family would consider a trade. Me for her sister straight up. I think it might be a win-win.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:12 PM 11-23-2021
I'm wondering whether my family and Buehler's family would consider a trade. Me for her sister straight up. I think it might be a win-win.
If you leave my nephew out of the trade I’d throw in a 5th rounder.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:14 PM 11-23-2021
Just read through your posts, sorry you gotta put up with that shitty drama.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:17 PM 11-23-2021
If you leave my nephew out of the trade I’d throw in a 5th rounder.
I think we might have a deal. I'll inquire on my end.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up