ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 71
« First < 17576364656667 68697071 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
JakeF 01:50 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Clark Hunt just said Hiney Badger will be here for 2022 and beyond
Not really.

"want" and "will" aren't the same

I'm sure they do want him back. That doesn't mean it will happen, considering his age and contract demands.

Clark Hunt says Chiefs want Tyrann Mathieu back for 2022

Kansas City will have to make key decisions on both Mathieu and left tackle Orlando Brown Jr.
By Pete Sweeney@pgsween Nov 18, 2021, 11:45am CST

The Kansas City Chiefs' regular season is 10 weeks old — about the same amount of time it's been since any mention of safety Tyrann Mathieu's ongoing contract discussions. Mathieu is currently playing in the final year of his three-year contract.

Many felt that a new long-term deal for Mathieu would come before the season began (including Mathieu himself), but the two sides did not come to an agreement.

Despite that fact, Chiefs owner, chairman and CEO Clark Hunt says the franchise still fully intends to have him back for 2022 and beyond.

"Those plans haven't changed at all," said Hunt on Thursday during his midseason update with reporters. "It was something that we discussed with Tyrann and his representative in the offseason before we started playing regular-season games — but really, once we got into the season, it's really best for both parties to wait until the end of the year, and we would obviously love to have Tyrann back, not only for his play on the field but his leadership as well."

That prospect became a bit more complicated when the Chiefs decided to trade for left tackle Orlando Brown, who is 25 and on the final year of his rookie contract. The likely scenario is that one player is signed long-term while the other — likely Brown — is franchise-tagged, delaying conversations for another year.

"We've been delighted to have Orlando part of the organization," said Hunt. "He and his offensive line teammates have done a great job of really rebuilding what was a weakness for us at the end of last year. So we're very happy and glad about that decision. At this point, you really put contract issues on the back burner. Those will be things that will be taken care of in the offseason."
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:11 AM 11-20-2021
It's preferable to go year-to-year with Tyran at this stage on his career. Not sure he'd take that.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:03 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
The last two bumps of this thread were not worth it. It makes chiefs planet look bad to have this thread on front page as if any social media activity by Tyrann Mathieu ought to make this a mega thread. Maybe start a new thread for people that want to monitor a player’s social media and gripe about it on chiefs planet. This thread went 9 days dropping down the thread list and it gets bumped over something not worth the bad feelings the title of the thread causes. I will just use the ignore thread feature. Maybe this thread could go to Romper Room and people that want to keep up with Tyrann’s social media can have a ball without making the main page look bad.
Someone is triggered. A lot of people are triggered right now, though. It'll be ok.
[Reply]
srvy 09:20 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Who cares? He is defending Mac Jones, who has played GREAT as a rookie when most didnt think he would. Has NE in the playoff race and deserves some credit.
I think its pretty cool that Tyrann has noticed and defended him.

Stop reading so much into his comments and let the man be who he is.

I hope we sign him to an extension and he retires a Chief, eventually. After a few more Superbowls!!
Bill the cheat B has the Pats looking at the playoffs not McCorkle 'The System" Jones.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:48 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Bill the cheat B has the Pats looking at the playoffs not McCorkle 'The System" Jones.
Right.

It's also strange he mentions Pat's Jones who is from pretty much from a rival team and not Mahomes.. Mahomes just had a great game when plenty of people, including many on this board, doubting him. Why not mention your teammate instead?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:55 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It's preferable to go year-to-year with Tyran at this stage on his career. Not sure he'd take that.
Not a chance in hell of that happening.

We cant keep everyone. Clark being cut money goes to Mahomes. We don't have a bunch of money laying around. Hill's contract is looming.

Hard choices are going to have to be made. We are going to lose players we don't want to lose starting next year because even Veach cant use smoke and mirrors to keep everyone.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:55 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Right.

It's also strange he mentions Pat's Jones who is from pretty much a rival team and not Mahomes.. Mahomes just had a great game when plenty of people, including many on this board, doubting him. Why not mention your teammate instead?
A. He’s allowed to mention whichever player he wants to.
B. NFL players talk each other up all the time.

This shit isn’t bad at all and the people who think it is are fucking morons.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:06 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Agreed, this just doesn't move the needle for me

Much ado about nothing
[Reply]
jd1020 10:12 AM 11-20-2021

Typically it only happens when there is some kind of connection between the players though, or they are flat out asked about the player they are talking up.

I'm not bothered by what he said, it just feels weird to me.

Regardless, none of it changes how I feel about him being on the team beyond this season for the amount of money he appears to be looking for. And... Mac Jones sucks.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:12 AM 11-20-2021

This shit isn’t bad at all and the people who think it is are ****ing morons.
It cracks me up that we have a bunch of hard asses that talk shit on every player when they fuck up. But if a player tweets an opinion on the fans or about another player, it's pearl clutching time.
[Reply]
Otter 10:26 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
The last two bumps of this thread were not worth it. It makes chiefs planet look bad to have this thread on front page as if any social media activity by Tyrann Mathieu ought to make this a mega thread. Maybe start a new thread for people that want to monitor a player’s social media and gripe about it on chiefs planet. This thread went 9 days dropping down the thread list and it gets bumped over something not worth the bad feelings the title of the thread causes. I will just use the ignore thread feature. Maybe this thread could go to Romper Room and people that want to keep up with Tyrann’s social media can have a ball without making the main page look bad.
Are you new here?
Attached: Capture.JPG (23.5 KB) 
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:32 AM 11-20-2021

This shit isn’t bad at all and the people who think it is are ****ing morons.
That's true it's not a big deal at all. Just a little weird.

Then again, I shouldn't expect much different from a player who tweets like a sensitive teenage girl half the time.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:11 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Someone is triggered. A lot of people are triggered right now, though. It'll be ok.
Mrs. Mathieu is so triggered she is still down voting posts 2 days after "ignoring the thread."

:-)

Oh ya... Bump.
[Reply]
Pointer19 01:02 PM 11-20-2021
I wonder if you could leverage players' personalities with things like this. For example, make fake Twitter accounts, pose as a fan of Rival X, and shit talk Player Y until they explode on the fanbase and move to another team.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:21 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Not a chance in hell of that happening.

We cant keep everyone. Clark being cut money goes to Mahomes. We don't have a bunch of money laying around. Hill's contract is looming.

Hard choices are going to have to be made. We are going to lose players we don't want to lose starting next year because even Veach cant use smoke and mirrors to keep everyone.
Mahomes isn't going to get any more money than they have already accounted for. Spotrac says the cap should be $208 million, that leaves the Chiefs 32 mil under with only 26 players signed. That's a tough spot but if they cut Clark and Hitchens they can add quite a bit more (albeit with 16 mil in dead cap also). If they can restructure those guys they can make a lot more room without the dead money. They'll get HB done, they just won't make any other big moves.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 71
« First < 17576364656667 68697071 >
Up