ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 71
« First < 11515758596061 62636465 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
jd1020 09:48 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Do you want to put a wager on it?

He was assigned Darren Waller most of the game and Waller had 2 catches.
I dont make wagers.

But you seem to have already forgotten his reaction to Jamal Adams' contract that seemed to shed light on any discussions of a new deal for Mathieu.

The only argument would seem to be a franchise tag but then I would immediately counter that by saying that is going to Orlando Brown.

Here's a quote from Veach discussing the matter of a Mathieu extension with reporters:

Originally Posted by :
The landscape is super tricky. We're at a $30 million [salary cap] deficit from what we thought and next year it's $15 million. Right now some things are out of our control just because of the cap reductions this year and next year. If you look at our books for next year, we're going to be over by a bunch.

[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:50 AM 11-17-2021
Who cares? He is defending Mac Jones, who has played GREAT as a rookie when most didnt think he would. Has NE in the playoff race and deserves some credit.
I think its pretty cool that Tyrann has noticed and defended him.

Stop reading so much into his comments and let the man be who he is.

I hope we sign him to an extension and he retires a Chief, eventually. After a few more Superbowls!!
[Reply]
jettio 09:53 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I dont make wagers.

But you seem to have already forgotten his reaction to Jamal Adams' contract that seemed to shed light on any discussions of a new deal for Mathieu.

The only argument would seem to be a franchise tag but then I would immediately counter that by saying that is going to Orlando Brown.
The guy's play on the field against a division rival's best weapon matters a lot more than any social media post.

Raiders are not letting Waller go anytime soon and Chiefs play them twice a year.

Mahomes might even agree to rework his pay schedule to help keep guys like Ward and Mathieu from being Covid pandemic salary cap casualties.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:55 AM 11-17-2021
The guy's play on the field against a division rival's best weapon matters a lot more than any social media post.

Raiders are not letting Waller go anytime soon and Chiefs play them twice a year.
What the Chiefs are willing to allot to the safety position trumps everything you believe.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:55 AM 11-17-2021

Someone’s getting a lump of coal this off-season…..
[Reply]
philfree 10:02 AM 11-17-2021
If social media rants motivate Mathieu to ball out then great. He probably shouldn't attack the Chiefs fan base but since he did that he's played better. The whole D has so let's get toxic!
[Reply]
jettio 10:09 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
What the Chiefs are willing to allot to the safety position trumps everything you believe.
Are you willing to wager your post signature over whether Honey Badger gets deal to remain a Chief?

Every AFC West team has All-Pro or Pro Bowl caliber receivers that are big. Honey Badger's greatest ability compared to other DBs is that he can cover guys that are bigger than him, and you need that in the AFC West.
[Reply]
Otter 10:12 AM 11-17-2021
This guy is giving Donald Trump a run for his money on who can make the bigger ass out of themselves on Twitter.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:41 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Who cares? He is defending Mac Jones, who has played GREAT as a rookie when most didnt think he would. Has NE in the playoff race and deserves some credit.
I think its pretty cool that Tyrann has noticed and defended him.

Stop reading so much into his comments and let the man be who he is.

I hope we sign him to an extension and he retires a Chief, eventually. After a few more Superbowls!!
It's just really fucking odd that he would talk up/defend another AFC teams QB who he has no tied to otherwise, during season randomly. I see why it raised eyebrows a bit but yea its not really a big deal if we are comparing it to his other comments on SM.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:50 AM 11-17-2021
Are you willing to wager your post signature over whether Honey Badger gets deal to remain a Chief?

Every AFC West team has All-Pro or Pro Bowl caliber receivers that are big. Honey Badger's greatest ability compared to other DBs is that he can cover guys that are bigger than him, and you need that in the AFC West.
Honey Badger is good but he's certainly not worth the money he more than likely is seeking. Not for this team anyway. As good as he is he's not a healthy Berry, Polamalu, or Ed Reed type safety and he's getting older. He's also got a bad attitude and talked shit on Chief fans on Instagram. He's a ticking timebomb and it's only a matter of time before he throws another hissy fit on Twitter.

Frankly, the Chiefs can win without him as long as dline plays well and his replacement is decent.

He can go somewhere else where fans aren't as toxic.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:00 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Looks like Honey Badger has something new to rage about on Twitter…

I'm sorry, but is he low-key shitting on Mahomes here?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:03 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I didn't even catch that. But yeah the 'side arm,' comment appears to be directed at Mahomes.
[Reply]
Warrick 11:04 AM 11-17-2021
No
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:08 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
It's just really ****ing odd that he would talk up/defend another AFC teams QB who he has no tied to otherwise, during season randomly. I see why it raised eyebrows a bit but yea its not really a big deal if we are comparing it to his other comments on SM.
I don't think it's odd. Mahomes defends the hell out of guys like lamar all the time. Tyreek just defended obj over the weekend. Doesn't bother me even a little.

The earlier shit he pulled earlier in the season, thafs a different story. But that ain't this.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:08 AM 11-17-2021
Not in my opinion, no.

He's saying that because he can't do what Mahomes can or run like Lamar Jackson people weren't giving him enough credit. That's not knocking those guys. He's simply saying that Mac Jones is a baller QB without those abilities.

Not quite sure I agree with that, yet. Looking at his QBR rating, he's 2% better than average on the year.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 71
« First < 11515758596061 62636465 > Last »
Up