ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 131
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:05 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
As a fucking mediocre small school no-nothing ever basketball player, that was horrible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:14 AM 11-18-2021
I hate him soooooo muuuuuch.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:24 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I hate him soooooo muuuuuch.
I try to empathize. And I really am sorry, but if we're being honest, I can't fathom the degree to which you hate him.

I mean, I hate me some Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards, but that's different than a fucking player doing that.

I'm sorry man. *brohug*
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:52 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I try to empathize. And I really am sorry, but if we're being honest, I can't fathom the degree to which you hate him.

I mean, I hate me some Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards, but that's different than a fucking player doing that.

I'm sorry man. *brohug*
I feel like maybe this was what being a Jets fan felt like when Favre showed up and still thought he was Brett Favre.

At least Horton-Tucker is back and seems like he can actually shoot now. And that's a fun dude to root for. 2nd round pick and complete afterthought who is just flat turning himself into a difference maker. And he's still a baby - dude isn't even 21 yet.

What's going to be truly amazing is in 8 years or so when the dude's made $300 million dollars somehow because he got his first big deal when he was 20.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:18 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Whenever I watch the Lakers this year (which has been less often with LeBron hurt of late, but still more than any other team outside of the Raptors), I spend most of my time effectively yelling at the TV over this guy's ridiculous play most of the night.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:16 AM 11-18-2021
Tough loss to Phoenix but Mavs are off to a good start to the season and from what I’ve seen Porzingis is finally contributing.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:55 AM 11-18-2021
I feel like maybe this was what being a Jets fan felt like when Favre showed up and still thought he was Brett Favre.

At least Horton-Tucker is back and seems like he can actually shoot now. And that's a fun dude to root for. 2nd round pick and complete afterthought who is just flat turning himself into a difference maker. And he's still a baby - dude isn't even 21 yet.

What's going to be truly amazing is in 8 years or so when the dude's made $300 million dollars somehow because he got his first big deal when he was 20.
How do you feel about AD's worthless ass?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:10 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Eh - he's Scottie Pippen 2.0.

A hell of a 2nd chair but just doesn't have the fire to be the lead dog. Give him James and Hield as top supporting options w/ a legitimate bench and he'd be a hell of an asset.

This is the same argument I had with Cardinals fans who were pissed Harrison Bader wasn't putting up a .900 OPS while playing elite CF defense. Look - the problem wasn't Bader, a competent lineup can carry a guy like him when he plays that kind of defense at a key defensive position. The problem was the lineup around him.

The problem isn't that Anthony Davis isn't an alpha - in theory that's LeBron's job. The problem is that he's surrounded by scrubs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Whenever I watch the Lakers this year (which has been less often with LeBron hurt of late, but still more than any other team outside of the Raptors), I spend most of my time effectively yelling at the TV over this guy's ridiculous play most of the night.
This has become post-achilles Kobe levels of painful. Without the built up fan capital to make it more palatable.

And late-stage Kobe was out there with Jeremy Linn, Ed Davis, Wesley Johnson and the corpse of Carlos Boozer (Jesus those teams were awful).

Say what you will about the shit options the Lakers have on the bench, a guy like Malik Monk is still better than the #2 option on that Lakers squad so it was somehow less maddening watching Kobe's farewell tour since that team was obviously going nowhere.

This team, with a viable 3rd piece instead of Westbrook, could/should be good. But it won't be anything more than a fringe playoff team because Westbrook is just that bad.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:41 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You mean Lebron’s third handpicked Robin?
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:51 AM 11-18-2021
Eh - he's Scottie Pippen 2.0.

A hell of a 2nd chair but just doesn't have the fire to be the lead dog. Give him James and Hield as top supporting options w/ a legitimate bench and he'd be a hell of an asset.

This is the same argument I had with Cardinals fans who were pissed Harrison Bader wasn't putting up a .900 OPS while playing elite CF defense. Look - the problem wasn't Bader, a competent lineup can carry a guy like him when he plays that kind of defense at a key defensive position. The problem was the lineup around him.

The problem isn't that Anthony Davis isn't an alpha - in theory that's LeBron's job. The problem is that he's surrounded by scrubs.
AD could be such a dominant force when wants to. The problem is he doesn't seem to have that want to very much.

BTW it was a travesty that he made the 75th Anniversary team and D Howard didn't.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 11-18-2021
Eh, I'm never going to go to bat for Dwight Howard. Apart from being just a weird dude and by many accounts a lousy teammate, he just wasn't a skilled player.

This isn't Shaq here who had a variety of low-post moves he could go to. And he didn't even play during the 'no zone defense' years like Shaq did in his prime. He was out there just being a big body allowed to hover in the defensive zone and alter shots or set up for rebounds. And when he was putting up big rebound numbers he was on an undersized team that just cleared out and let him scoop them all up.

He was a more chiseled version of Horace Grant. He is a put-back player on offense with no handles, no passing ability and no real moves to speak of. On defense he played in an era that made it awfully easy for him as space/pace hadn't come into vogue yet and big guys could go into zone shells to keep their miles down.

He was never a key contributor (even a top 5 option) on a championship team. While he made the finals that one year in Orlando, he also took 3 pretty lousy 1st round losses including 2 during what would have been his peak years.

So many people have gotten onto 'Dwight Howard was underrated' train that he's become overrated. Yes, we're early in AD's career but just cutting it off through their respective age 28 seasons, Davis has been more accomplished, far more productive and versatile on offense and a comparable defensive player in an era where it's harder for big men to make a defensive impact.

I really don't have a problem with it, especially when you know they try to make these with an eye on the future. By age 29 Dwight Howard had effectively become an NBA journeyman who was well on his way to a bench role. I think it's fair to believe that Davis will age far better than that.

In five years I don't think this will be any kind of discussion at all, and that's presuming that it should be right this very minute.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:59 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don't understand why he shoots so much. He can't shoot. Never could. He could be such a useful and efficient player if he just --- wasn't stupid. I don't know why no coaches can get through to him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't understand why he shoots so much. He can't shoot. Never could. He could be such a useful and efficient player if he just --- wasn't stupid. I don't know why no coaches can get through to him.
Rondo has the same disease. Though to Rondo's credit, since he got out of Boston he's actually developed into a credible 3pt shooter (36% -- not good mind you, but credible enough to have to cover on the wings).

Westbrook being a sub .300% 3pt shooter and STILL insisting on taking 5 of them a game is just bizarre.

He's the most maddening stat-chaser I've ever seen. It's like that guy that took a shot at his own rim several years back and attempted a 'rebound' to try to get himself a triple double....except he does it every single night.

There's just nobody worse in the NBA to have on your team.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:18 PM 11-18-2021
Rondo has the same disease. Though to Rondo's credit, since he got out of Boston he's actually developed into a credible 3pt shooter (36% -- not good mind you, but credible enough to have to cover on the wings).

Westbrook being a sub .300% 3pt shooter and STILL insisting on taking 5 of them a game is just bizarre.

He's the most maddening stat-chaser I've ever seen. It's like that guy that took a shot at his own rim several years back and attempted a 'rebound' to try to get himself a triple double....except he does it every single night.

There's just nobody worse in the NBA to have on your team.
Hey! That's my guy Ricky Davis from Iowa. Ricky is cool. Gotta go get that triple dub.

[Reply]
Page 11 of 131
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up