Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:32 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{shrug}

As I've said - the cost is sunk.

Expect him to be a burner all you want - he never was. Never has been and never will be.

That isn't his game. He can be effective in other ways that help this team win ballgames. Hell, he can be a driving force when called on (he has been at times). But the guy's not Chris Johnson - he doesn't have much of a long gear.

So if you want to get up in arms because a guy isn't doing something you should've never expected him to do - be my guest. It's like complaining that Brown struggles with speed on the edge - no shit. That's who he is. It's who he's always been and always will be.

At a point you have to look at the roster we have and ask how it can be utilized and that's where the conversation has to shift. We're about 18 months removed from the CEH pick. It's over. It's done. Now the question is how can we use him to win football games?

Lots of ways.
I'm not really up in arms about this. I was a bit surprised to see him caught from behind in 20 yards. By what appears to be a DE. I didn't follow LSU, so I had no idea what kind of back he was coming out.

Kind of expect my 1st round RB to be able to take it to the house vs any DE from anywhere on the field given a 5 to 6 yard head start. :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:39 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
why be a fucking fan if you can't root for the players that play for your team ? You guys give up too easy. We still have another half of season and see where we are sitting in the playoffs. I'm going enjoy the turn around that they already started.
Dude, never ever tell how anyone should be fan because of SOC.
[Reply]
Delano 07:45 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
You’re the only person who cares about this.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:02 PM 11-30-2021
People don't have to like Clyde but I do and that he has a chance to prove himself second half of the season. if people want to call him a bust or jag half way his sophomore year and then he Excells. look who is going look stupid . I'm fine looking stupid if I'm wrong because I've seen enough football that players get better with practice determination and good coaching and we have best coaches in the business.
[Reply]
TEX 08:07 PM 11-30-2021
L
People don't have to like Clyde but I do and that he has a chance to prove himself second half of the season. if people want to call him a bust or jag half way his sophomore year and then he Excells. look who is going look stupid . I'm fine looking stupid if I'm wrong because I've seen enough football that players get better with practice determination and good coaching and we have best coaches in the business.
But CEH is not even as "good" as he was last year. :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:18 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Delano:
You’re the only person who cares about this.

I guess stood on the sidelines during the movement and contributed nothing
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:04 PM 11-30-2021
People don't have to like Clyde but I do and that he has a chance to prove himself second half of the season. if people want to call him a bust or jag half way his sophomore year and then he Excells. look who is going look stupid . I'm fine looking stupid if I'm wrong because I've seen enough football that players get better with practice determination and good coaching and we have arguably best coaches in the business.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:07 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
L

But CEH is not even as "good" as he was last year. :-)
That doesn't mean he can't turn it around this season. I recognize he has struggled but I also think he can step it back up and be productive like last year. I'm not giving up on him you can if you want.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:25 PM 11-30-2021
You all are entitled to your opinion CEH is a JAG. It is my opinion that second half of the season CEH is going be a handful for defenses to stop and it will open up our offense. I'm not calling CEH a JAG because that's not my opinion of him even if he had struggled there is more football to play. Under Andy Reid this team is resilient and they clawed back to first place in the division. If that's Homer talk fine but I wasn't one that was crying sky is falling from beginning of the season.

My opinion as long as Clyde can be healthy he will be a big part of success on this offense. I just hope he stays durable that is a concern I won't argue.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:39 PM 11-30-2021
I'm not telling anyone how to be a fan but I can make up my own mind how I think players will turn out. This is all opinion based. The question is if CEH is a JAG. Based on his performance so far there is good argument that is what he is. However and this is my opinion I think he can turn his season around and better himself have more production like last year but I'm not calling him a JAG he just hasn't lived up to his potential.

Please don't tell me how to be a fan that I can't defend a player I'm rooting for.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:12 PM 11-30-2021

Please don't tell me how to be a fan that I can't defend a player I'm rooting for.
Everyone has the right to have different opinion, this place would be boring as fuck if everyone followed lockstep with the company line.
[Reply]
TEX 10:52 AM 12-01-2021
That doesn't mean he can't turn it around this season. I recognize he has struggled but I also think he can step it back up and be productive like last year. I'm not giving up on him you can if you want.
Oh, I know that. But I was merely pointing out that he's not even as good as last year, in response to you saying that he's going to keep improving.

IMO, he has a limited skill set for the NFL. Not to mention lack of size. However, I think that he can still contribute if used properly. One thing that would help, is if they would feature him more in a passing game. But maybe there's a reason why they haven't.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:56 AM 12-01-2021
You all are entitled to your opinion CEH is a JAG. It is my opinion that second half of the season CEH is going be a handful for defenses to stop and it will open up our offense. I'm not calling CEH a JAG because that's not my opinion of him even if he had struggled there is more football to play. Under Andy Reid this team is resilient and they clawed back to first place in the division. If that's Homer talk fine but I wasn't one that was crying sky is falling from beginning of the season.

My opinion as long as Clyde can be healthy he will be a big part of success on this offense. I just hope he stays durable that is a concern I won't argue.
What you refuse to look at is the ROI. What CEH has shown so far does not come close to matching his draft position. A first round RB should be well above average and will show that ability pretty quickly. Clyde has shown to just barely be above average.
[Reply]
TEX 11:33 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
What you refuse to look at is the ROI. What CEH has shown so far does not come close to matching his draft position. A first round RB should be well above average and will show that ability pretty quickly. Clyde has shown to just barely be above average.
Exactly the case.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:47 PM 12-01-2021
Even though we just drafted a 1st round RB(last pick obviously), I wouldn’t complain about drafting Breece Hall in the second this year. Yes the draft capital sucks between both, but it would help sure up RB and likely make CEH look a lot better with a smaller roll.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 80
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up