Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
TEX 06:13 AM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
He started the year with a couple weak games and still averages almost 5 yards/carry. I honestly don’t see why people are so critical. Aside from holding a grudge over the fumble in Baltimore. They just need to start throwing him the ball more.
Don't ya think they would if they thought he was good at it? Sure didn't have a problem throwing to Williams against the Raiders. Kind of says something ...
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:34 AM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
No way in hell was he worth the 32nd pick in the draft. That's a terrible argument to support which serves notice that you're not very capable of being objective when it comes to CEH.
If we win fucking Super Bowls with Clyde then he damn sure was worth the pick at 32. I can be critical of him but this is only his second year give him a fucking chance. If he doesn't improve and struggles some more and we can't win championships because he holds the team back then you can tell me "I told you so".

This is his second season. He was also a big part of our success to make it to the Super Bowl last year but his injury did slow him down in the playoffs.

Give him a fucking chance second half of the season before calling him a bust. I'd give him next season before calling him a bust. He is going finish strong because of determination that is the intangible he was drafted for. Watch the Buffalo game of last year and tell me he can't have games like that again. I'm going make an eat crow thread after this season.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:42 AM 11-28-2021
Don't ya think they would if they thought he was good at it? Sure didn't have a problem throwing to Williams against the Raiders. Kind of says something ...
I think this is an area that the coaching staff get paid to work with him on and something he can improve upon.

I don't remember the actual quote but Dick Vermeil told Larry Johnson to take off his diapers before he got playing time. Oh snap. You guys act like a player can't get better. That's why they practice and have more games. Larry Johnson was the 27th pick and struggled more than CEH his first couple years but then he made himself become one of the Chiefs best backs only because of determination and motivation.
[Reply]
scho63 06:59 AM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
Is it finally finished?

Do we get to read this great masterpiece? :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:01 AM 11-28-2021
Unfortunately for CEH he's going to be judged for what/who he's not, even if he does play solid.
[Reply]
scho63 07:38 AM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
No. Waters-Weigman-Shields would shit on Thuney-Humphrey-Smith.

This group we've got right now might be the best interior OL this season. That early 2000s might be the best of all-time. There is no comparison.
:-)

You got 2 rookies and another youngster! They are fucking doing great in year one!

Let's give them 3-4 more years :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:24 AM 11-28-2021
To be fair, that's ONE game.

We've not been utilizing the RB's in the passing game much at all prior and didn't much last week.

Clyde's college tape indicates that his receiving skills were elite for a RB. That's why taking him seemed like a logical choice. He has not been utilized in the manner it seemed they would.

I have no idea why.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:10 AM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
To be fair, that's ONE game.

We've not been utilizing the RB's in the passing game much at all prior and didn't much last week.

Clyde's college tape indicates that his receiving skills were elite for a RB. That's why taking him seemed like a logical choice. He has not been utilized in the manner it seemed they would.

I have no idea why.

How much did Patrick rely on the running back in college? JMO i think he just looks for the home run every play if the play breaks down he is still looking down field and CEH is just in the flats and it's not Patricks game to throw to the flats. I think that now he knows he has to adjust to what the defenses are doing to take away the deep threat we will see more of CEH catching the ball out of the backfield. No team wants to get burnt by Tyreek Hill and have him put up the deuces sign.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:15 AM 11-28-2021
This is what we got out of CEH last year tell me he can't produce this kind of production second half of the season or beyond.

If you watch this go to the 4:05 mark and watch the pass to CEH and then the next play. He is more than capable of being apart of the passing game.

Yes CEH struggled from the start of this season but that doesn't mean he can't become why they drafted him. Hard work determination can make all the difference with CEH and I think he has both those traits. He kicked ass last year and he can kick ass again remainder of the season and post season. I have no doubt in his skills I've seen that he can carry defenders on his back extra yards before he is brought down.

He was a big part of a winning season last year that got us a Lamar Hunt Trophy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:30 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
:-)

You got 2 rookies and another youngster! They are fucking doing great in year one!

Let's give them 3-4 more years :-)

You're agreeing with me..

A couple overachieving rookies and a wily veteran are nowhere near one of the best interior OLs of all-time. To suggest otherwise is absurd.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:07 PM 11-28-2021
Let’s not forget that Mahomes was heavily criticized for not taking the easy plays prior to that game. They made a conscious effort to incorporate more of that into the gameplan vs the Raiders.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:51 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Let’s not forget that Mahomes was heavily criticized for not taking the easy plays prior to that game. They made a conscious effort to incorporate more of that into the gameplan vs the Raiders.
Indeed.

And I think they need to continue making said effort.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:13 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Unfortunately for CEH he's going to be judged for what/who he's not, even if he does play solid.
No biggie. That entire draft class looks great as a whole. Gay and Sneed are legit studs, Clyde is decent, Niang is TBD but has shown competent play and Danna is about as good of a backup role player as you could hope for with a 3rd day draft pick.

Aside from our last pick (Keyes) we’ve gotten something out of every draft pick.

That’s excellent
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:29 PM 11-28-2021
I'm done saying anything about Clyde, good OR bad... just wanna see how he closes out the year before commenting further

SHOW ME
[Reply]
TimBone 04:47 PM 11-28-2021
Hey, yall remember that one time CEH pointed at that Dallas player as he was running into the end zone, leading to the death of 12 people and maiming hundreds more?

Really disgusting behavior. Hard to believe all he received as punishment was a measly fifteen yard penalty in a football game.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 80
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up