lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:05 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Agreed.

CEH is average in pretty much every category. Speed? Average. Strength? About average. Ability to make defenders miss? Average. Ability to catch football and do something w it? Average. Blocking? Nothing special.

He's not bad but he's certainly nothing to write home about. We've had plenty of great RBs play in KC. CEH ain't it...
He’s not Jamaal, no.

But he’s not Mike Cloud either.

He’s a quality player. Is that a great use of a 1st rounder? Nope, but that’s a sunk cost and ultimately it’s still better than what 1/3 of the league is going to get from their pick in 2020.

I’m just over pretending like the guy isn’t a tier above a guy like Darrel Williams. He very clearly is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:10 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yet he still racked up 100 yards receiving against the Raiders.

CEH is JAG just like Darrel. CEH isn't in the Kareem, Jamaal, LJ, Holmes category as a feature back
He’s a averaging about 3/4 as many yards/carry as CEH behind the same line in the same offense. And you really want to hand-waive that. That’s the difference between a 1,000 yard back and 750 and I’m supposed to pretend that’s insignificant?

Give me a break. I don’t know how the eye test doesn’t make this obvious but if you can’t see it, the stats are screaming at you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:18 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Is there anyone still saying Williams is better?
It would seem so, yes…
[Reply]
jd1020 06:25 PM 11-23-2021
I'm suppose to act like Darrel Williams getting 4.5 games worth of targets in the passing game for CEH in a single game is evidence of Williams prowess of a RB.

Give me a fucking break.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:32 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

He's the same fucking dude he's been.
His vision was abysmal early this year. We all remember it.

That was a special play, though. I think the break did him some good.
[Reply]
threebag 08:30 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

he didn't have to look very far, the ball was on the ground
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:48 PM 11-23-2021
It shouldn't be a debate. That means he's not that great for a number one pick. If he was he would get the respect from CP. We are all experienced scouts.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:49 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

In his defense the entire OL is new. That does affect the RB like it does the QB.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:53 PM 11-23-2021
Its been mentioned before that Clyde was basically a second round pick,being the last pick of the first round.Thats the only argument i could see,that the Chiefs/Mahomes really wanted him and didnt think he would be there with their next draft pick.I still wish they would have just drafted BPA though,but they had their own draft board i suppose.Also,i noticed Clyde didnt wear his Air Jordan 1 cleats this last game,as if that makes a difference.:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:59 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
CEH is more shifty than he is speedy, which is why he looks his best running in traffic.

That's the one I referred to earlier. I don't know that Darrel gets anything out of that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:00 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
It shouldn't be a debate. That means he's not that great for a number one pick. If he was he would get the respect from CP. We are all experienced scouts.
It's really not a debate. He's our best back and, when healthy, he's a stud. Period.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:26 PM 11-23-2021
Clyde is the single most unappreciated player on this team. Dumb penalties and ugly turnovers are what's killing this offense. It's hard to run when you're getting holding penalties every other drive. Mahomes getting rattled in the middle of games doesn't help either.

Charles was great in the Alex Smith offense. He would be much less productive in this one. The comparison is largely irrelevant.

It's like Mahomes said after the game. We're still not playing our best football. Clyde is part of what's working, along with Hill having a great season.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:36 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That's the one I referred to earlier. I don't know that Darrel gets anything out of that.
Truly elite agility. That run was a dagger. Excellent vision was on full display in that one as well.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:46 AM 11-24-2021
CEH is pretty unspectacular, but anyone that thinks Darrel Williams is even close to as good as him, has a negative football IQ. Just that's the stupidest god damn thing I've ever heard. Darrel Williams is slow burnt trash and shouldn't be on this team.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:21 AM 11-24-2021
Our
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
CEH is pretty unspectacular, but anyone that thinks Darrel Williams is even close to as good as him, has a negative football IQ. Just that's the stupidest god damn thing I've ever heard. Darrel Williams is slow burnt trash and shouldn't be on this team.
LMAO, when you have to look that hard for a positive then the guy is replaceable and won't be missed. Clyde wasn't missed during the winning streak. Which includes Darrel dropping 100+ all purpose yards against the Raiders during that blowout
[Reply]
Page 41 of 80
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up