Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:07 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Yes, I'm a big dumb dumb. What a cut and dried topic that didn't require 40 pages of debate.
The argument for Williams and Gore over CEH reminds me of the scene with the scouting department in Moneyball. The scouts are sitting there talking about how the player looks, what type of relationship he has with his girlfriend, etc... meanwhile, Pitt and Hill's characters are sitting there talking about getting on base.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:22 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The argument for Williams and Gore over CEH reminds me of the scene with the scouting department in Moneyball. The scouts are sitting there talking about how the player looks, what type of relationship he has with his girlfriend, etc... meanwhile, Pitt and Hill's characters are sitting there talking about getting on base.
Best I can find is a gender reveal video for his son about 3 years ago and yeah, seems that Darrel has a pretty mediocre girlfriend. Clearly lacks confidence...
[Reply]
wachashi 04:38 PM 11-23-2021
CEH is more shifty than he is speedy, which is why he looks his best running in traffic.

I won't have time to write about it, but Clyde was as-expected when the Chiefs ran between the tackles with numbers. His skillset is perfect for what this OL is good at.

pic.twitter.com/bAUB45Mblv

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) November 23, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:44 PM 11-23-2021
he's been watching film or something because that was amazing
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:46 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
CEH is more shifty than he is speedy, which is why he looks his best running in traffic.

Does Williams make it back to the LOS there? 2-3 yard gain - max. Probably not even that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:53 PM 11-23-2021
Yes. That's the same play I posted earlier.

He made it look way too easy.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:59 PM 11-23-2021
You guys are really trying to find a positive out of an average RB. If CEH was the man, he would produce like Holmes, LJ, or Jamaal. Don't give me the stat bullshit either he's getting the bare minimum for each positive play.

Revisionist history with Darrel's 100 yard all-purpose game against the Raiders is astounding too.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:06 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Revisionist history with Darrel's 100 yard all-purpose game against the Raiders is astounding too.
How is it revisionist history? He had a very good game in the passing game. He also had like 20 yards of green grass in front of him on most of those passes.

That doesn't change the fact that hes a terrible RB. He rushed for fucking 3.9 YPC in that game. His worth was purely in the passing game and thats because like everyone has been saying... the underneath shit is open because teams are more concerned with over the top. Its free yards.

CEH is clearly a better RB. Everyone is saying throw him the ball like they did Williams against the Raiders.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:08 PM 11-23-2021
You guys are really trying to find a positive out of an average RB. If CEH was the man, he would produce like Holmes, LJ, or Jamaal. Don't give me the stat bullshit either he's getting the bare minimum for each positive play.

So Williams is getting less than the bare minimum?

We're not comparing across eras or even across teams here. This is same time, same team, same staff. And Clyde is simply performing at a MUCH higher level than Williams has.

And I think CEH probably is a pretty average RB - which still makes him quite a bit better than the available alternatives. He may be slightly above average or slightly below, but near enough as to make no difference.

He is a solid football player and a guy who would start on several teams throughout the league. Darrel Williams ain't that.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:16 PM 11-23-2021
Williams even played more snaps than CEH against the Cowboys, so it's not like the Chiefs were missing him. We just completely ignored everything that had success against the Raiders and gave Mahomes his first above average game in 6 weeks. Went back to virtually ignoring the RBs in the passing game and right back down to below average performance.

Stop fucking playing into the strength of the defense!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:36 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

We're not comparing across eras or even across teams here. This is same time, same team, same staff. And Clyde is simply performing at a MUCH higher level than Williams has.

And I think CEH probably is a pretty average RB - which still makes him quite a bit better than the available alternatives. He may be slightly above average or slightly below, but near enough as to make no difference.

He is a solid football player and a guy who would start on several teams throughout the league. Darrel Williams ain't that.
Exactly, and CEH isn't it either but don't shit on Darrel when Clyde isn't doing much better when he is isn't injured and available
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:40 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he's been watching film or something because that was amazing
:-)

He's the same fucking dude he's been.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:54 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Agreed.

CEH is average in pretty much every category. Speed? Average. Strength? About average. Ability to make defenders miss? Average. Ability to catch football and do something w it? Average. Blocking? Nothing special.

He's not bad but he's certainly nothing to write home about. We've had plenty of great RBs play in KC. CEH ain't it...
[Reply]
jd1020 06:02 PM 11-23-2021
Exactly, and CEH isn't it either but don't shit on Darrel when Clyde isn't doing much better when he is isn't injured and available
You are completely delusional. Darrel Williams only dreams about running for over 4 YPC. CEH is running for nearly 5.

CEH is T-10 in YPC for RB. Whats Williams? T-40 or some shit?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:04 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
You are completely delusional. Darrel Williams only dreams about running for over 4 YPC. CEH is running for nearly 5.

CEH is T-10 in YPC for RB. Whats Williams? T-40 or some shit?
Yet he still racked up 100 yards receiving against the Raiders.

CEH is JAG just like Darrel. CEH isn't in the Kareem, Jamaal, LJ, Holmes category as a feature back
[Reply]
Page 40 of 80
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up