« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 08:36 AM 11-22-2021
My main concern atm is how much he seems to be focusing on not fumbling, holding the rock with both arms, getting low and burying his head. He's gaining decent yardage inside, mainly because our interior OL is so good. I'd like to see him open it up, show more vision and some of the quick cuts and stuff we saw last year/in college. He obviously has the skill.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:38 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think he gets caught between two worlds and loses confidence at times. He always is looking to make the big play. That’s who he is. He’s never going to just ‘Joe Montana’ it methodically down the field. He’s impatient so it frustrates him at times.
I don't believe he has ever lost confidence.

And there's nothing wrong with looking to make a big play, but he needs to quickly get off of it if it's clearly not there to be made. Making a bunch of underneath plays opens up that deep play he's eager to make.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:40 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
It hasn't translated that way because he gets 2... 2 targets a game in the passing game.

I thought Mahomes would have had his Cole Trickle moment last week after throwing 5 TDs and 400 yards to just take what the defense was giving you and accept the free 10-15 yards underneath. But it was like he forgot everything about it and started taking sacks again looking for the big play down field. Then he doesn't make a wide open pitch to CEH and takes a 8 yard sack. It's all so very confusing.
This is true but it seems Mahomes isn't going go for these RB check downs much right now in his career. I am sure at some point as he gets older that will come.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:47 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
My main concern atm is how much he seems to be focusing on not fumbling, holding the rock with both arms, getting low and burying his head. He's gaining decent yardage inside, mainly because our interior OL is so good. I'd like to see him open it up, show more vision and some of the quick cuts and stuff we saw last year/in college. He obviously has the skill.
I don't mind it, honestly. He's not a big play RB anyway. Even if he dedicated less attention to holding onto the football, which is typically not a great idea, it's not like he'd be busting out 15-20 yarders consistently. He just doesn't have the speed or explosiveness.

He's a grinder and the way he's running right now fits his skillset perfectly. Just get low, stay small, and keep your legs chopping behind these big guys.

He actually did a good job of that a few times last night. Runs I thought were only good for 2-4 yards he just kept churning and weaving to make it 8.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:48 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This is true but it seems Mahomes isn't going go for these RB check downs much right now in his career.
If that is the case then...

Veach, 2020: Who do you want, Mahomes?

Mahomes: CEH

Veach, 2021: Why?
[Reply]
-King- 08:49 AM 11-22-2021
Even past Mahomes, we used to have a bunch of plays designed for the RBs. I remember even Charcandrick West would come in and have plays where he was the first option. We just don't do that anymore. Its like this offense, coaches included, is fixated on doing things the hard way.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:54 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
If that is the case then...

Veach, 2020: Who do you want, Mahomes?

Mahomes: CEH

Veach 2021: Why?
Probably the same reason why I wanted him which was his performance in the championship game or against Alabama. He was hurt in the semifinals and only had like 2-3 carries.

In the championship game he had 16 carries for 110 yds and 5 rec for 54 yds. He dominated in the Alabama game with 20 carries, 103 yds 3 rushing TD's along with 9 receptions for 77 yds and 1 receiving TD.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:56 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Probably the same reason why I wanted him
Ya well, you have no control on whether or not CEH sees the ball in the passing game.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:56 AM 11-22-2021
Oh and maybe this could be an issue

4 out of the last 4 plays were called runs for the OL, but 3 of them were thrown. Runs are getting called

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) November 21, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 01:17 PM 11-22-2021
Clyde is okay but goddamn is that miss on Taylor glaring. This offense would be insane if Jonathan Taylor was a Chief
[Reply]
wachashi 01:40 PM 11-22-2021
He's going to have a solid rest of the year. He and Mahomes need to get their timing down on throws / check downs.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:42 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Clyde is okay but goddamn is that miss on Taylor glaring. This offense would be insane if Jonathan Taylor was a Chief
Clyde played outstanding yesterday and that's exactly what the Chiefs need. Assuming he's healthy going forward, he's going to get better and better behind this line and as his fumble gets further and further in the rearview.

Hell, I bet he graded out nearly perfectly yesterday; that's how good he was.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:46 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
As good as Taylor is, he wouldn't be getting 32 touches a game in this offense.

We drafted CEH because he was the most well rounded, not because he was the best rusher, but we are using him as a pure rusher.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 11-22-2021
Darrel gets 3 yards here. Clyde is back. We need Clyde.

[Reply]
staylor26 01:52 PM 11-22-2021
It’s ALL the OL though!
[Reply]
Page 34 of 80
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up