< 12 34561252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:01 AM 09-20-2021
Yep. No idea what the front office saw in this guy.

He might be the least explosive RB1 in the entire league.
[Reply]
notorious 07:02 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Call up the jaguars and see what they would want for James Robinson
Well god damn.
[Reply]
notorious 07:04 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
I thought it was 9.8 40 time ammonia.
Clyde after gaining 3 yards when a defender wasn’t on the screen when he received the ball.

[Reply]
TribalElder 07:05 AM 09-20-2021
I understand the thought behind the pick

He was a productive RB in college in the SEC and typically that translates to the NFL
Drafting him at the end of the first round lets you control his rights on a rookie deal for 5 years and if he is a hit you could tag him and control for 6 years. What's the lifespan on an NFL RB? I get why they did it.

So far I haven't seen the productivity at the NFL level to justify the pick. I realize a lot of people might be down on the guy after last nights fumble which happened to cost us the game. I've been a bit down on him for a long time before that. Anyone watching can tell he is no K Hunt or D Williams.

Not sure if he can overcome some of the things pointed out about vision etc
[Reply]
notorious 07:07 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Yep. No idea what the front office saw in this guy.

He might be the least explosive RB1 in the entire league.
Go into his thread. A lot of us were salivating over the guy, including me.

His film in college is fantastic.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:09 AM 09-20-2021
Before our pick, Vurt Wecher called PMII and asked him, “Who do you want us to pick?”
QB1 says, “That guy from LSU.”
Rech veavher says, “Clyde?”
PMII says, “says yepper.”

Pat probably just threw some college name out there, Drett took it and ran with it. Now where we have the 796th best RB in the AFC West.
[Reply]
kcclone 07:11 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That's simply not true. Our early rounds have been very good considering CEH is the only first round pick veach has ever made. We've drafted very well considering our first pick tends to be in the mid to late second round.
2018: 2nd- Speaks (this one speaks for itself) / 3rd- Nnadi (good pick, but he's not a difference maker) / 3rd- O'Daniel (trash)

2019: 2nd- Hardman (jag) / 2nd- Thornhill (jag) / 3rd- Saunders (jag)

2020: 1st- Clyde (jag) / 2nd- Willie Gay (can't stay on the field.. jag) / Niang (could be good, too early to say since he opted out)

2021: Too early to say, but looking better.

Granted we have not had many 1st round picks, but this is not a great draft haul in the early rounds.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:13 AM 09-20-2021
He's not a 3 down back in this league.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:13 AM 09-20-2021
We need to call up gore
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:14 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Go into his thread. A lot of us were salivating over the guy, including me.

His film in college is fantastic.
Not a single trait has translated. Vision. Lateral agility. Ball security. Receiving threat both in the backfield and slot. Running out of shotgun. Not a single one. It's so fucking bizzare.
[Reply]
notorious 07:15 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Not a single trait has translated. Vision. Lateral agility. Ball security. Receiving threat both in the backfield and slot. Running out of shotgun. Not a single one. It's so ****ing bizzare.
Yes it is, which is what makes this uniquely frustrating.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:15 AM 09-20-2021
He's stealing money at this point. Time to move on
[Reply]
baitism 07:22 AM 09-20-2021
Booting Hunt has had ramifications far worse than I thought it would. Probably cost us the Super Bowl that year and now we've wasted a 1st round pick trying to fill the void left.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:25 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by baitism:
Booting Hunt has had ramifications far worse than I thought it would. Probably cost us the Super Bowl that year and now we've wasted a 1st round pick trying to fill the void left.
Having Hunt on the team would have made Ford line up onside?
[Reply]
FRCDFED 07:26 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
He's stealing money at this point. Time to move on
This. I never understood why some of you liked him from the beginning! He's a smurf with no vision! There were much better RB's available at that pick! Just cut his ass loose and move on! So I don't get frustrated watching Reid try to make him appear even average!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 80
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Up