Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 12:33 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s not about just having 2 bad games. It’s about appearing to have zero burst and being undersized with little power.

If you aren’t fast, quick, or powerful, then I don’t see how those issues can be fixed. Sure, he looked better last year but does that really matter?

If Mahomes gets fooled by coverage, then that’s correctable. If Mathieu bites on a play action, that’s also correctable. If Kelce drops a pass, that’s correctable.

How do you correct a running back who appears to physically be incapable of being a legitimate weapon? It’s like hoping that Sorensen can somehow become fast enough to not be a liability in coverage.
Yep. CEH isn’t good enough. Neither is Bolton btw. He’s slow as fuck too and horrible in coverage.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:38 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
I think we see a heavy dose of CEH this weekend to get him going and get some pressure off his back from the media/fans.
A “heavy dose of CEH” takes the ball from Mahomes’ passing arm not to mention Tyreek and Kelce.

No.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:05 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
Yep. CEH isn’t good enough. Neither is Bolton btw. He’s slow as fuck too and horrible in coverage.
That's why he's not a coverage LBer. He's a downhill guy who will help in the run game. Gay is the cover guy you can complain about if he doesn't perform in that capacity.

And let's cool it on Bolton - the guy has played a total of 2 NFL games.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:44 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
That's why he's not a coverage LBer. He's a downhill guy who will help in the run game. Gay is the cover guy you can complain about if he doesn't perform in that capacity.

Agree on Bolton, far too early. But I think there is a legit question already over whether that pick was best served on a downhill LB rather than a DE. Obviously easier to answer when Gay is back and hopefully the DL decides to turn up.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:43 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Agree on Bolton, far too early. But I think there is a legit question already over whether that pick was best served on a downhill LB rather than a DE. Obviously easier to answer when Gay is back and hopefully the DL decides to turn up.
Who are the DEs we should have been expected to take in the 2nd round? Were there any good ones or were they all Breeland Speaks?

Teams that draft by positional need are ones that routinely finish at the bottoms of their respective divisions. It's how you end up with douches like Speaks
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:45 AM 09-22-2021
We are not “great” at drafting DE’s
[Reply]
ILChief 06:03 AM 09-22-2021

Our run defense went to crap when Ragland left. I always liked him. Bolton hopefully fills that void. Gay is the athletic linebacker we need. I thought hitchens would be better but he’s a disappointment. And Niemann has no business in the NFL
[Reply]
srvy 06:08 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
So you’re arguing he took the ball at the 37 and not the 38. Then he fumbled at the 34.5 not the 33. We’re splitting hairs here, but okay. The point is that he didn’t get hit as he was taking the handoff. In the NFL, that’s plenty of time to secure the ball.

No one is saying another running back would’ve gain positive yardage. The point is simply that he fumbled, and blaming anyone else is just making excuses for him.
He picked the wrong damn time to tuck it under his right shoulder. He started off securing the ball with two hands but chose to switch to the right shoulder as Oweh was blowing by Thuney to his right. Great play by Oweh poor choice by CEH to switch from 2 hands to one on the ball.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:04 AM 09-22-2021

Yeah, way too early for that.

Spags found a way to use Ragland well in this scheme. I expect Bolton to be a better version of that.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:09 AM 09-22-2021
Answer to the original question is yes
[Reply]
kcclone 07:15 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Answer to the original question is yes
Correct
[Reply]
JPH83 08:43 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Who are the DEs we should have been expected to take in the 2nd round? Were there any good ones or were they all Breeland Speaks?

Teams that draft by positional need are ones that routinely finish at the bottoms of their respective divisions. It's how you end up with douches like Speaks
Fair point. I've looked again and there's not a lot beyond that pick. I might not have hated Basham but given he's not getting many snaps, perhaps not.

I essentially agree re drafting for need, but the point is you use the offseason to fill needs so you don't need to do so in the draft. We decided against bringing in a DE and instead shifted our best DT there and brought in Reed. I guess the thinking was Nnadi and Reed would be enough and Jones would take some time but be an upgrade at DE while Kaindoh was developed. Don't hate the thinking and I reckon he might be right about Jones ultimately. It's the Reed signing that's the issue, and Nnadi's form falling off a cliff. The latter he can't do much about.

And we still drafted for needs - our LBs have been dreadful, our OL interior was an obvious need.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:58 AM 09-22-2021
https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfoot...m_source=share

Came across this on reddit not really the best breakdown but you can see all his touches
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:05 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:

Came across this on reddit not really the best breakdown but you can see all his touches
Lots of 6+ yard runs in there, which is how i remember his night being, and why i said was ready to praise him until the fumble.

I thought he looked better against Baltimore than he did vs Cleveland. That fumble though....it wipes out anything good he may have done.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:11 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:

good lord

10 times on 1st and 10 they handed off. Might want to mix it up a bit
[Reply]
Page 13 of 80
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up