Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
andoman 03:04 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
CEH took the handoff at about the 38 then fumbled at around the 33.

If CEH lost yardage, sure blame Thuney. Anyone implying that CEH couldn’t get a grip on the ball because he was hit too early needs to go rewatch the play.

CEH took several steps before he was hit. There’s no blaming anyone for else for that.
Looked like CEH had both hands on the ball, then took one off as he approached the line?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:04 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The problem is that he hasn’t had a performance like those in a looong time

I’m over the fumble, ball security is one of his primary calling cards… the real problem is how he’s looked two games into the season

Much has been made about his vision, but I don’t think it’s that anymore… IMO it’s the hip injury, he sees the holes but isn’t confident enough to make those hard jump cuts to exploit them

This regime is as bad as Belichick about honesty regarding injuries, there’s something we’re not being told IMO
Agree with all of this.

Not to take anything away from a strong performance, but a lot of running backs would’ve been productive in that Buffalo game. That was about as dominant as an OL can be.

And I also think he’s hurt worse than we realize. No idea which injury, but he didn’t look this slow last year. That sweep on Sunday to the left looked like it would go for 15+, but only resulted in a 3 yard gain. Looked like he was running on the beach or something.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:13 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Agree with all of this.

Not to take anything away from a strong performance, but a lot of running backs would’ve been productive in that Buffalo game. That was about as dominant as an OL can be.

And I also think he’s hurt worse than we realize. No idea which injury, but he didn’t look this slow last year. That sweep on Sunday to the left looked like it would go for 15+, but only resulted in a 3 yard gain. Looked like he was running on the beach or something.
His vision looked fine last year for the most part, it’s doubtful he suddenly lost it

And the “new O line” excuse doesn’t wash with me at all, they’re creating plenty of gaping holes, the best he’s had in his short NFL career… something else is going on for sure
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 03:17 PM 09-21-2021
I think we see a heavy dose of CEH this weekend to get him going and get some pressure off his back from the media/fans. He’ll get fed but if that doesn’t work I wouldn’t be shocked if Veach hits the market for another back. He’s never been one to hold onto a player just because of sunken costs.

I’m keeping my eyes out for Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, or maybe even Derrius Guice if he’s in shape once his 6 game suspension is up (desperate times=desperate measures).
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:18 PM 09-21-2021
Mack is a interesting one I hadn't thought of
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 03:23 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Mack is a interesting one I hadn't thought of
Think he makes a lot of sense, the RB group desperately needs a home run threat out of the backfield or at least someone capable of breaking off a big run. Mack is no Jamaal Charles but he at least adds a different element to the position group.

Personally I’d see what McKinnon can do before testing the trade market. I liked what i saw from him in the preseason.
[Reply]
TEX 03:26 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Think he makes a lot of sense, the RB group desperately needs a home run threat out of the backfield or at least someone capable of breaking off a big run. Mack is no Jamaal Charles but he at least adds a different element to the position group.

Personally I’d see what McKinnon can do before testing the trade market. I liked what i saw from him in the preseason.
I get it but he is made of Sammy Watkins glass.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:38 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Busted play does not result in fumble. CEH not securing the football resulted in the fumble.

The fumble is 1000000000% on CEH.
I'm am not saying CEH doesn't have his responsibilities. I have said he does. Clearly he did not meet those expectations. However, thinking that the OL play doesn't not correlate into those results is simply not looking at the progression and breakdown of the play.

When those things occur, it doesn't matter who is back there. Bad things will happen.

Ask yourself this. Does CEH fumble the ball at the 34 less than 1 second after handoff if he defender didn't beat both Thuney and Brown?
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:07 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Busted play does not result in fumble. CEH not securing the football resulted in the fumble.

The fumble is 1000000000% on CEH.
That ball came out really easy. It's not like a flying defender landed a helmet, or even a good punch on the ball. 1 poke isn't supposed to do it, especially not in that spot.

CEH's brain just seems to be completely taxed trying to decide where to run right now for some reason, so he's not even thinking about ball security and situational awareness.
[Reply]
arrwheader 06:02 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
He has one fumble in his career.
One too many.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Stryker 06:33 PM 09-21-2021
I think we see a heavy dose of CEH this weekend to get him going and get some pressure off his back from the media/fans. He’ll get fed but if that doesn’t work I wouldn’t be shocked if Veach hits the market for another back. He’s never been one to hold onto a player just because of sunken costs.

I’m keeping my eyes out for Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, or maybe even Derrius Guice if he’s in shape once his 6 game suspension is up (desperate times=desperate measures).
Love this take! :-)
[Reply]
YontsRBake 07:25 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
The fact that you're bringing up a game where he had 64 yards as his good game should tell you something.
I’m more focused on the fact it was the most important game of the entire season and it was on 9 carries but sure.

I don’t think CEH is an amazing player and he probably isn’t worth where we drafted him instead of a defensive player but I think he’s good enough to fill the role needed for us at RB.

I’m a lot more concerned with the defense. I don’t really see how you can fault anyone on the offense for a loss in a game where they collectively scored 28.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 07:48 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
One too many.

Which running back who has zero career fumbles would you suggest to replace him?
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:39 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Which running back who has zero career fumbles would you suggest to replace him?
I have no answer...

Really though I'm just pretty sure CEH is not going to amount to much at this point. Hope I'm wrong and that take really has nothing to do with the fumble more so with the regression, lack of vision, speed, and not being used in the passing game which I think speaks to coaches not trusting him there.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:04 PM 09-21-2021

I'm surprised Reid hasn't just used an injury excuse to cut back on his reps and call up gore. Id rather try that route than sign any of those guys.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 80
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up