ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 32
« First < 212728293031 32 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Nzoner [and the Mrs]
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

[Reply]
luv 09:19 PM 11-13-2021
Totally agree on all points, we don't know how long this may drag on. I had figured that any amount ending up not needed could go to the RA foundation or whatever they wanted. I'm sure they'll have a bill or two from this as well. Thing that got me uneasy is I had TLO (since he lives in the area) searching for services and outside of house cleaning he wasn't having much luck. I also haven't got back with Joe yet to find out exactly how he feels about all of this. Need to make sure I'm staying in my lane and all. Suppose it's mostly because y'all caught me off guard with your generosity and it got me a bit overwhelmed. I did not expect it to blow up like it did in one day. But make no mistake, you all are awesome.
Does St. Joseph have any community Facebook pages? I moderate one down here that has over 54000 members. We have several (and I mean several) people/businesses who advertise on there that I never would have heard of or found otherwise. There are even people who will pick up dog poo or deep clean trash dumpsters. We have a ton of house cleaners, laundry doers, lawn care, etc. I can reach out to a few to see if they know of any services up there.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:11 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
Does St. Joseph have any community Facebook pages? I moderate one down here that has over 54000 members. We have several (and I mean several) people/businesses who advertise on there that I never would have heard of or found otherwise. There are even people who will pick up dog poo or deep clean trash dumpsters. We have a ton of house cleaners, laundry doers, lawn care, etc. I can reach out to a few to see if they know of any services up there.
I just talked to him again, he does have a regular cleaning lady so that's out. He's never mowed his own lawn, always had a service...out. No dogs anymore...just cats.

But I'm heading down there tomorrow with a load of food, just have to see if anything jumps out at me. This is also going to be a long haul, might be quiet now, give it a minute or two and things are most certainly going to come up.

Oh, and his sister in law (not sister as I mistakenly referred earlier) is heading back to Louisiana so just him and his brother for the next week. That's sure to do some damage.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:30 PM 11-13-2021
Give us an update when you're down there bug.

Cousin of mine's husband was in a similar situation, started turning a corner, they were thinking of taking him out of ICU, popped a fever again and died this morning.

Fucking COVID.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:07 AM 11-14-2021
Unfortunately there's not much to update, it's going to take time for her lungs to heal. However, she's taken no more steps back, which in this situation is pretty much the best news you can hear.

I don't believe she's going to leave us, it would have happened already. She's coming home.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:16 AM 11-14-2021
Unfortunately there's not much to update, it's going to take time for her lungs to heal. However, she's taken no more steps back, which in this situation is pretty much the best news you can hear.

I don't believe she's going to leave us, it would have happened already. She's coming home.
Excellent.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:04 AM 11-24-2021
Haven't seen any updates on FB, so I thought I'd check in to see if anyone know how she's doing.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:09 AM 11-24-2021
I see Joe posted on his personal page yesterday a gif about Jesus leaving 99 to find 1, so maybe no news is good news
[Reply]
KS Smitty 10:15 AM 11-24-2021
Last three days:

•••11-22•••
Kathy is doing about the same they're going to keep her on her back again.
I've made the decision after visiting with some family and medical professionals to move forward with the tracheotomy and feeding tube.
The doctor is a bit negative in my opinion talking about her quality of life but he doesn't know Kathy and what she's had to endure for 20+ years and I'm not giving up on God either.
She's also on lower sedation so if anyone would like to visit please reach out to me as I want her to continue to hear voices she knows. ❤️

•••11-23•••
I meet with the surgeon tomorrow morning between 7:30 and 8 and he will walk me through the tracheotomy and feeding tube procedure. My brother is coming with me to interpret.
It sounds as though they're going to try surgery tomorrow evening so please add to your prayers. ❤️

•••11-24•••
No surgery today she had a rough morning with heart rate oxygen etc. so much so the vent is back to 100% 😢

Sounds like she's having a down day, hoping things turn around.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:17 AM 11-24-2021
Thank you for the updates.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:18 AM 11-24-2021
Good grief :-) prayers
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:20 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
Last three days:

•••11-22•••
Kathy is doing about the same they're going to keep her on her back again.
I've made the decision after visiting with some family and medical professionals to move forward with the tracheotomy and feeding tube.
The doctor is a bit negative in my opinion talking about her quality of life but he doesn't know Kathy and what she's had to endure for 20+ years and I'm not giving up on God either.
She's also on lower sedation so if anyone would like to visit please reach out to me as I want her to continue to hear voices she knows. ❤️

•••11-23•••
I meet with the surgeon tomorrow morning between 7:30 and 8 and he will walk me through the tracheotomy and feeding tube procedure. My brother is coming with me to interpret.
It sounds as though they're going to try surgery tomorrow evening so please add to your prayers. ❤️

•••11-24•••
No surgery today she had a rough morning with heart rate oxygen etc. so much so the vent is back to 100% 😢

Sounds like she's having a down day, hoping things turn around.
Praying hard for that Family. Thanks for the update, Smitty
[Reply]
TLO 10:27 AM 11-24-2021
:-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:21 AM 11-24-2021
With God all things are possible. Even though I feel helpless here, I know that there is power in prayer. I'm lifting them both up in prayer today.
[Reply]
Otter 02:26 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Praying hard for that Family. Thanks for the update, Smitty
In
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:49 PM 11-24-2021
Hang in there Joe.
And I'll keep praying.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 32
« First < 212728293031 32 >