ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Nzoner [and the Mrs]
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

[Reply]
DaFace 12:46 PM 11-12-2021
I'll add that I sure hope that no one who isn't in the position went ahead and donated anyway. It's not about the how much can we raise, it's about how much we can help. This far exceeded my expectations which is fun, but it's likely more than will be needed. On that note, I'm going to go ahead and suspend any further donations for the time being. Thanks again to everyone for their support, whether financially, spiritually or any other form. As always, please keep Joe and Kathy in your thoughts. The holiday season is coming up...what better time for a miracle!
While I'm sure it's far more than they need at the moment, my take is that they (and you) should think of it as a "make life easier" fund until they're both back on their feet. As people have suggested, laundry, house cleaning, xmas lights, mowing (next year), etc. are all fair game if it helps them to not stress.

And if they're 100% healthy down the road and legitimately don't need it, I don't think anyone's going to be upset if they just donate the rest to a deserving nonprofit.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 01:42 PM 11-12-2021
This place is great. Here is the prayer Joe and family prayed for Kathy last night, feel free to add your voices to it if you're so inclined:

Heavenly Father, I thank you for loving Kathy.
I thank you for sending your Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ,
to the world to save and to set Kathy free.
I trust in your power and grace that sustains and restores Kathy.
Loving Father, touch Kathy now with your healing hands,
for I believe that your will is for Kathy to be well in mind, body, soul and spirit.
Cover Kathy with the most precious blood of your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ from the top of her head to the soles of her feet. Cast away all things that should not be in her.
Root out any unhealthy and abnormal cells. Open any blocked arteries or veins and rebuild and replenish any damaged areas. Remove all inflammation and cleanse any infection by the power of Jesus’ precious blood.
Let the fire of your healing love pass through Kathy’s entire body to heal and make new any diseased areas so that her body will function the way you created it to function.
Touch also her mind, emotions, and the deepest recesses of her heart.
Saturate Kathy’s entire being with your presence, love, joy, and peace and draw her ever closer to you every moment of her life.
And Father, fill Kathy with your Holy Spirit and empower her to do your works so that her life will bring glory and honor to your holy name.
We ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:26 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While I'm sure it's far more than they need at the moment, my take is that they (and you) should think of it as a "make life easier" fund until they're both back on their feet. As people have suggested, laundry, house cleaning, xmas lights, mowing (next year), etc. are all fair game if it helps them to not stress.

And if they're 100% healthy down the road and legitimately don't need it, I don't think anyone's going to be upset if they just donate the rest to a deserving nonprofit.
Totally agree on all points, we don't know how long this may drag on. I had figured that any amount ending up not needed could go to the RA foundation or whatever they wanted. I'm sure they'll have a bill or two from this as well. Thing that got me uneasy is I had TLO (since he lives in the area) searching for services and outside of house cleaning he wasn't having much luck. I also haven't got back with Joe yet to find out exactly how he feels about all of this. Need to make sure I'm staying in my lane and all. Suppose it's mostly because y'all caught me off guard with your generosity and it got me a bit overwhelmed. I did not expect it to blow up like it did in one day. But make no mistake, you all are awesome.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:04 PM 11-12-2021

Agreed. Use the money as you see fit to benefit Joe and Kathy in the best way possible.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:25 PM 11-12-2021
Totally agree on all points, we don't know how long this may drag on. I had figured that any amount ending up not needed could go to the RA foundation or whatever they wanted. I'm sure they'll have a bill or two from this as well. Thing that got me uneasy is I had TLO (since he lives in the area) searching for services and outside of house cleaning he wasn't having much luck. I also haven't got back with Joe yet to find out exactly how he feels about all of this. Need to make sure I'm staying in my lane and all. Suppose it's mostly because y'all caught me off guard with your generosity and it got me a bit overwhelmed. I did not expect it to blow up like it did in one day. But make no mistake, you all are awesome.
Yeah, if they're out in the sticks, it might be a bit more limited on what options they have. Even so, it's there if they need it.

I wouldn't put too much pressure on yourself, either. We appreciate you taking the lead.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:48 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Wow, $3,290 raised. This board is awesome!!
It is amazing what this group is capable of doing. It is not $3610.00 and there are 4 hours left.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:43 PM 11-12-2021

Not at all. And, personally, I wouldn’t take issue if they kept it and applied it to regular carpet cleanings to compensate for all the times we’ve thrown up on their floors. :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:47 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Not at all. And, personally, I wouldn’t take issue if they kept it and applied it to regular carpet cleanings to compensate for all the times we’ve thrown up on their floors. :-)
Hey now, I never threw up IN the house.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:55 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Hey now, I never threw up IN the house.
I did…. The second time. It was the next morning, the bathroom was occupied so I ran to the kitchen sink, because that did seem better than the floor.

The first time I was MUCH more courteous, I went down to my vehicle and threw up in the back of it.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:55 PM 11-12-2021
The only time I puked down there was when I did some of the Luv's infamous antifreeze shots. We had borrowed a camper that year, I went in there to lie down for a bit, and it didn't take too long for the big moment to arrive. I didn't want to puke directly on the floor of the camper and I didn't have time to get out of the door or back to the bathroom. Luckily we had removed the crisper drawer from the fridge to make room for other stuff and it was right there so I puked in it. Good times.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:57 AM 11-13-2021
I sent a name of a good guy that runs a cleaning service
[Reply]
booger 07:05 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Just want to throw out a big thank you to Mr. & Mrs. Bugeater. Donating money is easy, but what you both have taken on in this is just awesome. I really appreciate all you guys are doing. Please make sure the Mrs. knows some weirdo from the board says Thank You!!!
Originally Posted by 2112:
Mrs Bugeater is a Saint
^
What they said! Great job for all of you involved pulling together to help them
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:02 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Mrs Bugeater is a Saint
Let's all be honest....when it comes to spouses, most of us got better than what we deserve.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:06 PM 11-13-2021
Stevieray:

Please tell Joe that he and Kathy are in our prayers.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:27 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Let's all be honest....when it comes to spouses, most of us got better than what we deserve.
Oh I married up without a doubt.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Up