ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3813 of 3903
« First < 2813331337133763380338093810381138123813 381438153816381738233863 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:50 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Sorry to hear it!

I had a breakthrough infection in October, right at the 7-month mark from my first vaccine dose.

I came through with what felt like a bad sinus infection for 2 days (what led to me getting tested) but otherwise did fine. I was fortunate. No breathing problems. No fever.

If you have an oxygen sensor, keep an eye on your blood oxygen level (check it while resting sometime in the morning, before bed). What I was told was as long as you stay above 95%, you’re golden. If it dips below that AND you can feel yourself having trouble breathing, keep a closer eye on it and go see a doctor if it dips below 90%. Might be worth a call to your primary doc if you have one to see their direction for you.

^ above assumes you’re vaccinated. If you’re not, I’d check into getting monoclonal antibodies treatment.

Guess I'll chime in. I got vaxxed in March.

I tested positive on Nov 22nd. Same as you it was basically a head cold for the most part but I did lose my smell but its coming back and I had a little vertigo but its gone. Not fun but nothing too terrible. Fucked up our holiday week of course.

Wife has covid now, she got monoclonal antibodies yesterday and her Dr prescribed her ivermectin (that shit is $100 now BTW) Z-pak, and Dexamethasone. She seems to be doing better than I did with it so far.

All I did was take Mucinex D. Should have called my Doc.

I'm not planning on getting another shot, I'll roll with my antibodies.
[Reply]
loochy 01:51 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by RocKhawks:
Just a quick update on my health. It is now day 10 since contracting Covid. It was a roller coaster, one minute i feel fine, the next i would have a fever of 102. It was up and down. Then i developed a horrible dry cough, and just couldn't stop coughing. This was about 3 days ago. I called urgent care and they said i should go to the hospital and they will put me on a ventilator for my cough, which they seemed to think is Covid Pneumonia. I was absolutely not going on a ventilator. I called my PCP, and he prescribed an inhaler and pills for my cough. As of today, i haven't had a fever for over 24 hours, and my cough is actually "productive", and not as violent. Things are looking up!

They would put you on a ventilator for a cough? Yeah, I don't think so...

Something surely got misunderstood there.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:53 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Guess I'll chime in. I got vaxxed in March.

I tested positive on Nov 22nd. Same as you it was basically a head cold for the most part but I did lose my smell but its coming back and I had a little vertigo but its gone. Not fun but nothing too terrible. ****ed up our holiday week of course.

Wife has covid now, she got monoclonal antibodies yesterday and her Dr prescribed her ivermectin (that shit is $100 now BTW) Z-pak, and Dexamethasone. She seems to be doing better than I did with it so far.

All I did was take Mucinex D. Should have called my Doc.

I'm not planning on getting another shot, I'll roll with my antibodies.
I had this too. Never had it before, but it felt really concerning at the time. Felt like I had to immediately lie down.
[Reply]
007 07:28 PM 12-07-2021
This has me just feeling exhausted all day. Really stuffy and taste is all metallic. I haven't lost taste or smell but its definitely screwed up. Oxygen levels are still normal so there is that.
[Reply]
loochy 07:32 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by 007:
This has me just feeling exhausted all day. Really stuffy and taste is all metallic. I haven't lost taste or smell but its definitely screwed up. Oxygen levels are still normal so there is that.
Well that's good. (not really, but you know what I mean)
[Reply]
jdubya 08:46 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
It's very ironic that people trust/believe in doctors and science when it comes to a major surgery but not in a vaccine that tens of millions of people have gotten with no adverse effects
Those same surgeries mandated by the government? Asking for a friend
[Reply]
Monticore 07:24 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Since doctors get paid to do surgeries and some doctors have done sketchy stuff in the past there should be just as must distrust in doctors as there is in big pharma no? the government didn't produce the vaccines , if they mandated you had to drink a beer ( or random thing people take no questions asked on a daily basis) every day would you suddenly not trust beer( or other stuff..) anymore?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:18 AM 12-08-2021
Over 250K+ Americans die a year due to medical errors so I would say that people should be also skeptical of hospitals and doctors.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:20 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Since doctors get paid to do surgeries and some doctors have done sketchy stuff in the past there should be just as must distrust in doctors as there is in big pharma no? the government didn't produce the vaccines , if they mandated you had to drink a beer ( or random thing people take no questions asked on a daily basis) every day would you suddenly not trust beer( or other stuff..) anymore?
If a mediocre politician mandated I drink a beer a day I would immediately become skeptical of beer, and the beer they were advocating I take.

Coercion works on some people. For someone like me it will draw push back.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:32 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by RocKhawks:
Just a quick update on my health. It is now day 10 since contracting Covid. It was a roller coaster, one minute i feel fine, the next i would have a fever of 102. It was up and down. Then i developed a horrible dry cough, and just couldn't stop coughing. This was about 3 days ago. I called urgent care and they said i should go to the hospital and they will put me on a ventilator for my cough, which they seemed to think is Covid Pneumonia. I was absolutely not going on a ventilator. I called my PCP, and he prescribed an inhaler and pills for my cough. As of today, i haven't had a fever for over 24 hours, and my cough is actually "productive", and not as violent. Things are looking up!
Great news and progress. I’m on about Day 5 of this shit since my symptoms occurred, and I actually think I’m starting to turn a slight corner. I’ve never had a fever, but I’ve had absolutely no energy and severe aches and pains. I do agree, the dry cough sucks. This morning, my aches were a lot less noticeable, and the coughing has reduced. My energy is still shitty, but that could also be because I’m old :-)

Keep fighting, Rockhawks. You have our prayers!
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 AM 12-08-2021
I'm kinda thinking the "it's milder" in regards to omicron may be a little premature. I'd guess it's more so mild because basically everyone there has immunity from either a previous infection or immunization.

So if that's the case, areas with naïve populations will still get whacked.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:47 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by 007:
I'm always curious when I hear of someone getting Covid if they are vaccinated. If you have already stated that I apologize but I don't want to go through this entire thread to find out. Are you vaxxed and if so, when did you get it? Which one?
[Reply]
007 08:49 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I'm always curious when I hear of someone getting Covid if they are vaccinated. If you have already stated that I apologize but I don't want to go through this entire thread to find out. Are you vaxxed and if so, when did you get it? Which one?

Moderna. 1/4 and 2/4 of 2021. No booster.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:51 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
If not getting the surgery can somehow kill other people, then sure.

The really frustrating part of this whole thing is that it's NOT ABOUT YOU.

It's about spreading it to other people who might die.

If everybody who CAN get the shot gets the shot, then this is the flu.

And I could get back to my life.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:57 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If a mediocre politician mandated I drink a beer a day I would immediately become skeptical of beer, and the beer they were advocating I take.

Coercion works on some people. For someone like me it will draw push back.
all politicians are idiots but what they say doesn't change the product itself and the beer a day mandate would probably be more harmful than the vaccine one and there would be less pushback.
[Reply]
Page 3813 of 3903
« First < 2813331337133763380338093810381138123813 381438153816381738233863 > Last »
Up