ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official Turnpike Troubadours Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:18 PM 12-01-2017
Anyone else here massive fans of the best band in country music?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:57 PM 05-25-2019
It is a damn shame but Evan needs help.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:59 PM 05-25-2019
Not entirely sure if this site is legitimate or not but it does have Turnpike's first, out of print, album available for download.

I am probably going to purchase it. A couple of those songs are on YouTube, but not all of them. Angola is a jam.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:00 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
I've only had time for a few songs tonight, but I'm impressed thus far. As stated above, I was never really into country, but I'm digging what I've listened to
What songs are your favorite?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:07 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
What songs are your favorite?
I REALLY dig 'Winding Stair Mountain Blues' thanks to those that posted and then quoted it. I also checked out '7&7' thanks to it also being mentioned earlier and then 'Unrung' was good too. I've yet to get a chance to really listen to anything else. I had a bunch to do around the yard today and opted to delay errands until tomorrow (my back is FUCKED from falling through a ceiling at work).
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:10 PM 05-25-2019
I love that fiddle. A punk band I listened to when I was younger had a punk-folk sound and I liked the combo. I also love the sound of violins or cello in hardcore or metal.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:23 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
I REALLY dig 'Winding Stair Mountain Blues' thanks to those that posted and then quoted it. I also checked out '7&7' thanks to it also being mentioned earlier and then 'Unrung' was good too. I've yet to get a chance to really listen to anything else. I had a bunch to do around the yard today and opted to delay errands until tomorrow (my back is ****ED from falling through a ceiling at work).
"A Tornado Warning" "Every Girl" " "Diamonds and Gasoline" "Down on Washington" "Long Hot Summer Day" are some great choices.

"The Bird Hunters" is my all-time favorite. Pure poetry.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:03 PM 05-25-2019
"A Tornado Warning" "Every Girl" " "Diamonds and Gasoline" "Down on Washington" "Long Hot Summer Day" are some great choices.

I will definitely check them out
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:32 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
More recent show cancellations and a recent "inebriated" performance by Evan at a benefit concert.

Just announced more show cancellations today and it appears Evan may finally go to rehab and get the help he clearly needs.

I sure hope he does before he Keith Whitey's himself. I have tickets for a pending g show, but I'm fine returning them if that guy will get himself fixed up. I've seen them enough times for enough years that it was pretty obvious when it started heading south. I hope the man gets himself healed so the music they make can keep rolling. Maybe the bad shit now will result in great material when he gets happy with his life.

If you don't like turnpike, you probabaly poop with your pants still up.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:35 PM 05-25-2019
Also, this is where I would post a meme of the guy holding hands with his girl looking at another.

I've been walking with turnpike for a long time, but I'm smitten by Tyler Childers mipusic now. He's the next big thing imo.
[Reply]
doomy3 07:00 AM 05-26-2019
This band is done unfortunately.
[Reply]
doomy3 07:00 AM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Also, this is where I would post a meme of the guy holding hands with his girl looking at another.

I've been walking with turnpike for a long time, but I'm smitten by Tyler Childers mipusic now. He's the next big thing imo.
Childers is incredible.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:55 AM 05-26-2019

As stated earlier, I'm really into that song 'Winding Stair Mountain Blues'. I've been listening to the album "A Long Way From Your Heart" while doing my thing today. Definitely awesome. I'm actually looking forward to checking out their other albums. Thanks for the thread brother, I'd never have discovered these guys otherwise. You have any other bands you'd recommend?

This stuff is way better than the shit 'Country' my coworkers listen to
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:58 AM 05-26-2019
Particularly those with faster/up tempo songs like 'Winding Stair...'
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:16 PM 05-31-2019
https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/t...-cancel-shows/

Not good news at all.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:02 PM 05-31-2019
I had tickets cancelled.

Some see this as bad news. If you don't want to see EF dead, this is the best thing. That guy has some Deimos he needs to deal with or there won't be a happy ending. I hope he finds his happy place and when that happens I hope they go back to making music.

In the mean time I'll listen to the reruns, and Childers and find some new bands to appreciate as well.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up