ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official Turnpike Troubadours Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:18 PM 12-01-2017
Anyone else here massive fans of the best band in country music?
[Reply]
doomy3 10:22 PM 02-24-2018
Big Turnpike fan. Seeing them in July with Jason Isbell at Verizon or whatever they call it now.
[Reply]
doomy3 10:29 PM 02-24-2018
Other great country artists right now:

Tyler Childers
Colter Wall
Cody Jinks (start here if you’re picking one, IMO)
Whitey Morgan and the 78s
Ward Davis
Sturgill
Alex Williams
Brent Cobb
Gethen Jenkins
John Moreland
Whiskey Myers
The Steelwoods

There’s some really, really good stuff out there right now. It just doesn’t get played on the radio.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:09 AM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Airplane, mother fucker.....get on one April 20.
Iowa you say?

If I’m gonna fly to see them I’ll wait until it’s more appealing than Iowa I think.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:57 AM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
They're all good. If there is a worst one it is Oklahoma Star.

This one is my favorite.

I really like Oklahoma Stars but I can see how it might be average to some.

That is one of my favorites as well. The intro is incredible. They used in their hype video for the album.
[Reply]
Iowanian 06:05 PM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Iowa you say?

If I’m gonna fly to see them I’ll wait until it’s more appealing than Iowa I think.

I think the melodic chords from a fiddle and a steel guitar are in harmony with the cadence of you ****ing off then?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:59 AM 07-14-2018
Davis Webb turned Eli Manning on the Turnpike Troubadours.

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/n...e-troubadours/
[Reply]
lewdog 07:20 PM 05-24-2019
More recent show cancellations and a recent "inebriated" performance by Evan at a benefit concert.

Just announced more show cancellations today and it appears Evan may finally go to rehab and get the help he clearly needs.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:37 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
They're all good. If there is a worst one it is Oklahoma Star.

This one is my favorite.

I don't particularly care for country, but that song was awesome. I'm gonna check them out and, if available, add them to my library on Amazon music.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:48 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
I don't particularly care for country, but that song was awesome. I'm gonna check them out and, if available, add them to my library on Amazon music.
These boys do country right.

All 5 albums are solid from top to bottom. Nothing like the Troubadours.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:56 PM 05-24-2019
These boys do country right.

All 5 albums are solid from top to bottom. Nothing like the Troubadours.
Sure enough, they were on Amazon. I've got some running around to do tomorrow and will be giving them a solid listen
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:16 PM 05-24-2019
More recent show cancellations and a recent "inebriated" performance by Evan at a benefit concert.

Just announced more show cancellations today and it appears Evan may finally go to rehab and get the help he clearly needs.
Hopefully.

On top of wanting them to continue to make music, I wish them the best. They seem like real dudes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:17 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Sure enough, they were on Amazon. I've got some running around to do tomorrow and will be giving them a solid listen
Yeah. They’re a good listen.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:31 PM 05-24-2019
Started listening to these guys a few months ago. I really missed out. Legit country music.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 10:45 PM 05-24-2019

I just heard this about 5 hours ago. Sad.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:03 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Started listening to these guys a few months ago. I really missed out. Legit country music.
I've only had time for a few songs tonight, but I'm impressed thus far. As stated above, I was never really into country, but I'm digging what I've listened to
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up