ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 146
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
bdj23 02:48 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Just rec'd a random gambling text that reads:

"There are 14 factors which determine the right side. Every single one of the 14 factors indicates that Kansas City will win for sure. There's absolutely no doubt that Kansas City will win this year's Super Bowl."

Chalk it up!
That's all the information I needed

Betting the mortgage on KC moneyline.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:49 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
This fucking goof has no real football knowledge at all.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...eams%20players.

His bold prediction is an Eagles blowout.

1. Quez Watkins scores the first touchdown of the game

2. Patrick Mahomes gets sacked four or more times as Eagles pass rush makes history

3. Travis Kelce's eight-game streak of having 75+ receiving yards ends

4. A.J. Brown catches TD, but doesn't put up huge numbers

5. The Eagles win the Super Bowl by 14 or more points
Sweet.

Here's my bold prediction.

There is but one king and one Kingdom.

I hope that was homer enough. :-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:58 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Sweet.

• Mahomes will throw for over 450 yards and 6 TDs
  • Mahomes doesn't get sacked
  • Kelce has 115 yards and 2 TDs
  • MVS has 165 yards and 3 TDs
  • McKinnon has 105 yards and 1 TD
  • The Eagles score only one TD
  • The Chiefs get 6 sacks on defense
  • The Chiefs defense holds the Eagles to less than 100 yards on the ground.
  • Hurts throws 3 interceptions
  • The Chiefs are going to absolutely curb-stomp the Eagles 56-10. Queue the scene from American History X.

It's so homer I thought it was Staylor posting.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:00 PM 02-10-2023
Was listening to Mitch Holthaus on 610am on the drive to work this morning. He said something about how everyone is talking about the Eagles sack totals while ignoring the Chiefs. The Eagles have 8 sacks this postseason but the Chiefs have 7.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:02 PM 02-10-2023
Sweet.

• Mahomes will throw for over 450 yards and 6 TDs
  • Mahomes doesn't get sacked
  • Kelce has 115 yards and 2 TDs
  • MVS has 165 yards and 3 TDs
  • McKinnon has 105 yards and 1 TD
  • The Eagles score only one TD
  • The Chiefs get 6 sacks on defense
  • The Chiefs defense holds the Eagles to less than 100 yards on the ground.
  • Hurts throws 3 interceptions
  • The Chiefs are going to absolutely curb-stomp the Eagles 56-10. Queue the scene from American History X.

I've got the following. Slightly homer take.

Chiefs win 34-22

Predictions:

1. Kadarius Toney scores a TD on a bubble screen
2. Sneed has a sack and forces a turnover (either a strip on the sack or an INT)
3. Jody Fortson has a TD catch

Game flow prediction:

Chiefs win toss, defer
Eagles stopped cold on first two drives as the Chiefs dial up pressure and slow down the run game and rush Hurts, who continues to not perform well vs. blitz.
Chiefs score TD on first drive.
Eagles punt.
Chiefs score another TD.
Philly gets on the board with TD.
Chiefs run 2-minute offense and kick FG before 1/2, lead 17-7 at half.
Chiefs score TD to open 2nd half (24-7)
Eagles TD (24-14)
Chiefs kick FG (27-14)
Eagles score TD, go for 2 (Hurts gets Octopus). (27-22)
Chiefs TD drive (34-22)
Eagles get ball back with less than 4 minutes to go. Hurts can't make it happen in must-pass situations, Frank Clark gets a sack on 4th down to turn the Eagles over and put it in clock-kill mode (and claim 2nd all time for playoff sacks)
Chiefs win 34-22

National media downplays this accomplishment by pointing out the Eagles outscoring KC 15-7 in 4th quarter and saying they just ran out of town.

Chiefsplanet laughs. And celebrates.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:06 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Was listening to Mitch Holthaus on 610am on the drive to work this morning. He said something about how everyone is talking about the Eagles sack totals while ignoring the Chiefs. The Eagles have 8 sacks this postseason but the Chiefs have 7.
All the while the Eagles played Daniel Jones and Broken Purdy while the Chiefs played Trevor Lawrence and Joe Arrowhead. I'd say there was a "modest" uptick in the ability to process defenses and get rid of the ball quickly.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 03:11 PM 02-10-2023
Sweet.

[LIST]

:-)
King Patrick the dream crusher
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:12 PM 02-10-2023
Have you seen Spags post-season in KC against teams in their first 3 possessions?

2020:
Cleveland: FG, Punt, Fumble lost
Buffalo: FG, Punt, TD (3 yard drive after muffed punt)
TB: Punt, Punt, TD

2021:
Pit: Punt*3
Buffalo: TD, Punt, Punt
Cin: Punt, FG, Punt

2022:

Jax: Punt, TD, Punt
Cincy: Punt, Punt, FG

All this "The Eagles can get off to a fast start and then play from in front..." stuff just doesn't stand up to how Spags defenses have performed in the post-season. He does a really nice job of having his defenses coming out prepared for the team in front of them.

If the Eagles manage 7 or fewer points on their first 3 possessions, they'll be down 10+ points before they get their 4th...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:15 PM 02-10-2023
I think the Chiefs have a bit of an off day.

The game stays tied 0-0 until the end of the Chiefs first possession.

After a sluggish start, the Chiefs pull away late in the first quarter and win 69-0.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:22 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Have you seen Spags post-season in KC against teams in their first 3 possessions?

2020:
Cleveland: FG, Punt, Fumble lost
Buffalo: FG, Punt, TD (3 yard drive after muffed punt)
TB: Punt, Punt, TD

2021:
Pit: Punt*3
Buffalo: TD, Punt, Punt
Cin: Punt, FG, Punt

2022:

Jax: Punt, TD, Punt
Cincy: Punt, Punt, FG

All this "The Eagles can get off to a fast start and then play from in front..." stuff just doesn't stand up to how Spags defenses have performed in the post-season. He does a really nice job of having his defenses coming out prepared for the team in front of them.

If the Eagles manage 7 or fewer points on their first 3 possessions, they'll be down 10+ points before they get their 4th...
So, 1.7 points per possession.

Which is below the NFL average. And they're doing this to playoff teams QBed by real QBs.

The worst QB in that grouping is Ben Roethlisberger. Who, even old, is better than anyone the Eagles played in the NFC rounds.
[Reply]
FringeNC 03:32 PM 02-10-2023
Not long now before the magician goes to work…

I think there’s a good chance there will be a signature game from Reid and Mahomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
seamonster 03:33 PM 02-10-2023
All the while the Eagles played Daniel Jones and Broken Purdy while the Chiefs played Trevor Lawrence and Joe Arrowhead. I'd say there was a "modest" uptick in the ability to process defenses and get rid of the ball quickly.
They can't play that two high safety look against the Eagles and get coverage sacks. Philli will run for 200 yards. Chiefs will have to come up with a way to sack the QB's while stopping the run.

I have a lot of faith in Spagnoula. The Eagles are just like the old Redskin teams. They're not going to adjust what they do whereas I'm confident that the Chiefs are going to come up with a way to handle their simplistic schemes and can make them very uncomfortable.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:35 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by KCJake:
When the line was first set, I thought it was just Vegas trying to stir up some action. I figured by this time, KC would be a 3 point favorite.
Yup I'm going to bet a little cash on this one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:38 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So, 1.7 points per possession.

Which is below the NFL average. And they're doing this to playoff teams QBed by real QBs.

The worst QB in that grouping is Ben Roethlisberger. Who, even old, is better than anyone the Eagles played in the NFC rounds.
1.375 if you subtract the 3 yard drive.

Spags guys are hitting the ground ready to play in these post-season games. That's a sign of pretty good coaching, IMO. Good focus and great plans.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:40 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by seamonster:
They can't play that two high safety look against the Eagles and get coverage sacks. Philli will run for 200 yards. Chiefs will have to come up with a way to sack the QB's while stopping the run.

I have a lot of faith in Spagnoula. The Eagles are just like the old Redskin teams. They're not going to adjust what they do whereas I'm confident that the Chiefs are going to come up with a way to handle their simplistic schemes and can make them very uncomfortable.
I really don't think they will. I think it will be more cover 3 and a lot of zone blitz concepts. Spags will also ghost the overload blitz and bring the backside DB quite a bit I think.
[Reply]
Page 123 of 146
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133 > Last »
Up