ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 37
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
WhiteWhale 06:36 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here's the thing.

Whether you realize it or not, you're politicizing this very post.

Every name you listed sits on one side of the aisle.

There's plenty of cosmo's, Rodeo's, and Iguana's on the other side that do the same thing.

That's part of the problem. People only tend to point out the people they disagree with and either don't see, or don't want to see, when people they would otherwise agree with, do the same thing.

There's a small group of people, conservative AND liberal, that live in DC, rarely post in the Lounge, and absolutely do believe the sewer that spews from the end of their fingers on a daily basis.
This is a fair point.

Also, who is shitsprayer?
Shiver Me Timbers 06:44 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here's the thing.

Whether you realize it or not, you're politicizing this very post.

Every name you listed sits on one side of the aisle.

There's plenty of cosmo's, Rodeo's, and Iguana's on the other side that do the same thing.

That's part of the problem. People only tend to point out the people they disagree with and either don't see, or don't want to see, when people they would otherwise agree with, do the same thing.

There's a small group of people, conservative AND liberal, that live in DC, rarely post in the Lounge, and absolutely do believe the sewer that spews from the end of their fingers on a daily basis.
I love Donger and Niner Doug and do not agree with 98% of what they post. Kind of like my sister who is as liberal as those two. I did put OH on ignore FWIW. I post in both, think Covid is overblown, Appreciate Trump (needs to keep his mouth shut a bit more). My take is that 99% of the stuff in DC is good debate. I can live with the 1%. Its why DC was created in the first place. Kick the dudes out that take it too far and move on
patteeu 06:34 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I have a disagree a bit here, Dude. While some people, such as yourself, may use the DC forum to blow off steam, many others post in that forum because that's exactly what they think and feel about others, regardless of whether or not it's in this forum on in "the real world".

I've seen people in there pile on someone for linking to CNN or CBS News and just get pulverized for even doing something so "vile" and "false". I don't see how anyone familiar with Hammock Parties could think, for even a second, that it's not something he believes because just as he did with Alex Smith, the dude just fucking RAGES at anyone that doesn't share his beliefs.

And don't even get me started on people like GloryDayz or Shitsprayer because there's no way in the world that you can convince me that they're just using the DC to "blow off steam". They express their views in that forum because they believe in those views.

And JFC, Taco John? What a fucking phony. The same dude that banned Chiefsplanet members for even talking about the Chiefs on his shitty forum is the biggest nut and most unhinged person to maybe ever post on the internet. Is he blowing off steam with his vapid conspiracy theories, including the claim that the fly that landed on Pence's head was a Visual Effect (VFX)? I mean, what the fuck, man? The technology to render an effect like that, in Real Time, across multiple feeds, does not exist in any way, shape or form.

And therein, again, lies the problem: Too many of these people feel the same exact way outside of this forum as they do inside this forum, which ultimately leads to those same exact people politicizing everything.

Who is blowing off steam and who is serious? Because calling for the murder of an elected government official isn't funny, sarcastic or "blowing off steam".

And what happens if someone from that forum actually does attempt to murder an elected official? What happens then?
Imagine if real life Dane was the same guy as Chiefsplanet Dane! :-)
Marcellus 01:16 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I have a disagree a bit here, Dude. While some people, such as yourself, may use the DC forum to blow off steam, many others post in that forum because that's exactly what they think and feel about others, regardless of whether or not it's in this forum on in "the real world".

I've seen people in there pile on someone for linking to CNN or CBS News and just get pulverized for even doing something so "vile" and "false".
Ok I'm going back through this thread and really laughing my ass off because Dane literally does 90% of the things he is complaining about in this thread.

In the Whitlock/LeBron thread he got pissed and bashed me over a Nate Silver story and told me to get out of there with Fox News linked bullshit :-)
GloryDayz 06:23 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If you do this, you let your opinion of people you don't know in the first place be changed by reading heat of the moment posts over politically charged subjects, I'd be willing to say you need to take a hard look in the mirror. The problem isn't them, the problem is you being a mental midget and letting words on a screen dictate your feelings and looking for a "good" reason to get pissed off (not "you" per se, Mecca).

I've turned into a loudmouth in DC, I'll admit it. Not exactly proud of it, but I'll admit it. I've turned it into a place where I can vent my political frustrations on people that I know disagree with me and will fire back. It's kind of cathartic, I won't lie. I don't "hate" those I get into it with over there, and in fact, I'm kind of glad they get into it because it's likely better to do that there than get drunk in a bar and engage with some equally pissed random looking to blow off steam. I don't think RodeoPants is going around calling people cunts that disagree with him in the real world, nor is cosmo calling people assholes, nor is oaklandhater screaming at old people to die, nor is Clay threatening anyone's lives, nor is anyone openly mocking anyone else for having different opinions on the street. I'd rather have words thrown at me by someone else on this site that is as equally frustrated as I am and get it out of our systems than some other alternative.
Take me for example, I'm a very nice person outside of the CP DC...
scho63 11:07 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you venture into DC it will vastly change your opinions of people, then you'll see why we have a section of people that only post there...
To this day, that has always amazed me.

You join a football forum dedicated to the KC Chiefs and you spend all your time arguing politics in the DC forum of the board. :-)

That's fucking strange to say the least.........:-)
scho63 01:55 PM 10-08-2020
Here's a few questions for the MODS:

Do we have posters here who seem to constantly whine and report on threads at a real excessive level, many times not justified?

How is that handled when it appears they are just chronic complainers?

Do you tally how many thread complaints each poster makes?

:-)

Inquiring minds want to know.......:-)
Bwana 02:32 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Here's a few questions for the MODS:

Do we have posters here who seem to constantly whine and report on threads at a real excessive level, many times not justified?

How is that handled when it appears they are just chronic complainers?

Do you tally how many thread complaints each poster makes?

:-)

Inquiring minds want to know.......:-)
There is no need to tally. There really aren't that many reported posts. Normally if there is something really out in right field, we will get multiple reports on one post.

It's rare, but if a person reports BS posts on a regular basis, we can check "Can't report posts," which takes care of the issue.
eDave 02:34 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
It's rare, but if a person reports BS posts on a regular basis, we can check "Can't report posts," which takes care of the issue.
You ever done that?
seclark 02:52 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
You ever done that?
yes, the bastards...i mean it's none of your business.
sec
ptlyon 02:52 PM 10-08-2020
You ever done that?
He gonna now
eDave 02:54 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
yes, the bastards...i mean it's none of your business.
sec
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
He gonna now
I didn't ask for names, goons.

Eliminating my ability to do something I have never done seems very productive.
Bwana 03:09 PM 10-08-2020
You ever done that?

I think in all the years, once. It doesn't happen very often. Normally if we PM someone and tell them to chill, they will.
GloryDayz 04:46 PM 10-08-2020
I think in all the years, once. It doesn't happen very often. Normally if we PM someone and tell them to chill, they will.
I can attest to this... There have been a couple, maybe a few, times I was asked to chill. It works very well, no mater the Mod.
threebag 06:39 PM 10-08-2020
There is no need to tally. There really aren't that many reported posts. Normally if there is something really out in right field, we will get multiple reports on one post.

There has to be a whiny little bitch on this site that reports shit way more than others....
Page 24 of 37
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up