ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 34
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Chief3188 09:21 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He needs coaching but he is no doubt a first rd caliber athlete with his size and nice footwork. He was a 5 star recruit that looked the part at OU.

I’m just glad they scrapped Brown Jr/Wylie and got guys who fit the profile of the offense with the size, athleticism and good footwork needed.

It was an enormous problem in every one of of our losses last season.
lol yeah all 3 of them. No but I agree with you that going back more to the mold of athletic tackles that might have trouble with a power rusher now and again but can keep up with Mahomes moving as Eric Fisher did a much better job of than OBJr. Wylie was always a stop gap as it was really tough surprisingly losing the best Right Tackle in football in Schwartz so big shoes to fill there and Fisher left bigger ones than most Chiefs fans thought in his own right. OBJr was too much of a liability and limited/made Mahomes change part of his style of extending plays in the same way he used too.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:23 PM 04-28-2023
#Chiefs sent pick No. 95 and No. 217 to the #Bengals to move up to select No. 92
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:24 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Amazing that some people still don’t get this. Dewand would have looked like Orlando Brown here. Scheme fit is so important. It makes all the difference. This isn’t Madden 98 for Sega.
Just gotta blindly plug in a rando name. Happened with the Rice pick, too.

They needed a JuJu replacement and people thought we were drafting midgets for it.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:27 PM 04-28-2023
From Dane Brugler

Originally Posted by :
BACKGROUND: Wanya Morris, the third of four children, was born in Savannah and started playing football at age 5. His mother (Bennetta Johnson-Morris) moved the family to the metro Atlanta area when Morris, who was named after the Boyz II Men band member of the same name, was in elementary school.

At age 9, he joined the Gwinnett Chargers youth football team where he was coached by Kenyatta Watson Sr., who became a “father figure” to him. Living in the east Atlanta suburb of Loganville, Morris enrolled at Grayson High School, which had one of the top football programs in the state (and was where Watson Sr. served as the director of football operations). After playing on varsity as a 230-pound freshman offensive tackle and defensive end, he helped Grayson to a 14-1 record and the 2016 7A state championship. Lined up at left tackle, Morris led Grayson to double-digit wins in each of his final two seasons. As a senior in 2018, Morris helped Grayson average over 35 points and nearly 200 rushing yards per game, earning First-Team All-American and All-State honors. He also lettered in track as a freshman where he put up personal bests of 37’0” in the shot put and 84’4” in the discus.

A five-star recruit, Morris was the No. 6 offensive tackle in the 2019 recruiting class and the No. 5 recruit in Georgia. Grayson had 13 football players from the 2019 recruiting class sign with Division I programs, led by Morris and linebacker Owen Pappoe, who were both five-stars and ranked in top 30 nationally. Morris’ recruitment heated up during his sophomore year when he earned his first offers from Boston College and Syracuse, which were followed by SEC offers like Auburn and LSU. He initially committed to Florida State in April 2017 but reopened his recruitment six months later. The summer before his senior year, Morris received an invitation to Nike’s “The Opening” and was named MVP among the offensive linemen. He didn’t consider Tennessee until Jeremy Pruitt was hired as head coach prior to the 2018 season. Morris went back and forth between Auburn and Tennessee (silently committing to both) before choosing the Volunteers on signing day. He was the No. 2 recruit in Tennessee’s 2019 class, one spot behind Darnell Wright and one spot ahead of Henry To’oTo’o. With Pruitt on his way out amid recruiting violations, Morris entered the transfer portal in January 2021 and signed with Oklahoma (over Texas A&M and USC) a week later. He opted out of the 2022 bowl game and accepted his invitation to the 2023 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Exceptional size and athleticism … above-average arm length and one of the longest wingspans of any prospect in the class … quick out of his stance and moves well to get into position … above-average body control in his pass sets, bending his knees and extending his reach to mirror rushers … shifts his weight well to recover after initially overextending himself … flashes natural shock in his hands when his punch is on schedule … looks to finish with physicality … uses his lateral agility in the run game to reach three-techniques and execute on the move … rangy puller with good vision to find his fit … has starting experience at both left and right tackle.

WEAKNESSES: Continuous leverage problems … his base narrows versus power, negating his anchor … uses a giant hop back when attempting to settle bull rushers, constricting the pocket … his punch is often tardy or wide, leaving his hands outside the blocker’s frame … rushers are able to set him up and he struggles to stay balanced versus rush sequencing … inconsistent body balance after contact … needs to rely more on his body to shield run lanes … suffered a partially torn labrum in his hip in high school and had surgery following his freshman season at Tennessee (January 2020); left the TCU game and his left arm was in a sling postgame (October 2020); suffered a grade 2 right hamstring injury when running the 40-yard dash at the combine (March 2023) … NFL teams will examine his minor off-field incidents: was named as the defendant in a small-claims dispute after he was evicted from his apartment (August 2022); was caught on camera punching a field storming TCU fan after a game (October 2022); served a two-game suspension to start the 2022 season (academics).

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Oklahoma, Morris lined up at right tackle in offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby’s up-tempo, RPO-based scheme. A former five-star recruit and left tackle at Tennessee, he served as Anton Harrison’s backup at left tackle in 2021 before becoming the starter on the right side in 2022. An above average athlete for his size, Morris displays outstanding body control and weight distribution in his movements (both pass sets and run blocking). However, his rhythm starts to fall apart at contact because his upper and lower halves are often doing two different things at the same time, leaving him off-balance.

Overall,Morris has NFL starting talent with his frame, length and athletic traits, but he looks like a completely different player when his leverage and technique fall apart. If he learns to become more fundamentally sound, he can lock down a swing tackle role in the NFL and eventually become a starter.

[Reply]
carcosa 09:29 PM 04-28-2023
HE WILL BE BETTER THAN WILLIE ROAF, ORLANDO PACE, AND ANTHONY MUNOZ COMBINED!!!!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:29 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We already have our starting RT. We must be moving him to LT. /UChieffy
Oh look one of my groupies had uttered my name!!. What a surprise :-)

Here's something for the wank circle crew!!..MORRIS HAS PLAYED MORE GAMES AT LEFT-TACKLE THAN HE HAS ON THE RIGHT!!..but the pricks won't want to talk about that will they? :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 09:30 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's this years Kinnard.
Lets hope not. We don't need to draft backup guards this high.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:30 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

Here's something for the wank circle crew!!..MORRIS HAS PLAYED MORE GAMES AT LEFT-TACKLE THAN HE HAS ON THE RIGHT!!..but the pricks won't want to talk about that will they? :-)
Can a mod put this shitbird in the shitty poster camp.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:31 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Lets hope not. We don't need to draft backup guards this high.
He's talking about Dawand Jones.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:31 PM 04-28-2023
I really like the idea that this guy comes with a surplus of athleticism. Not so much about the footwork and technique issues, but those should be fixable. Probably won't see the field this season, but maybe by next season he finds his way onto the field. Guy needs to bulk up about 15 lbs. though.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:32 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Can a mod put this shitbird in the shitty poster camp.
Suck a dick :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:34 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

Want to put money on who is playing LT this season? If not, shut your cunt mouth.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:35 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's talking about Dawand Jones.
Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:38 PM 04-28-2023
I was really high on this kid for a long time and then I heard about him maybe being a far cry from the brightest bulb in the box towards the end. If Reid thinks he's good I'm trusting that 110%. I like the player.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:38 PM 04-28-2023
I’m at kelce jam. Did we have to trade up for rice or wanya?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 34
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up