ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 34
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:58 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Even though he was only in for a short stint, I thought he was solid. Encouraging!
Hopefully our LTOTF!
[Reply]
Kman34 10:59 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Even though he was only in for a short stint, I thought he was solid. Encouraging!
He got beat bad on one pass play and Patrick eluded the rusher.. He was serviceable… Probably could get in a rhythm if he had to start a game.. My guess if we lost Smith for a game Morris would play right tackle and Taylor would move to left..
[Reply]
PHOG 01:17 PM 11-27-2023
He must have done ok because I didn't even notice him in there.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:39 PM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
He got absolutely destroyed on his first play out there. After that I couldn't tell u
[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 11-27-2023
They need him to be able to play LT next year.
[Reply]
Coogs 03:33 PM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He got absolutely destroyed on his first play out there. After that I couldn't tell u
He played 5 plays.
1st: Pacheco off LG for 6 yards on 3rd and 1
2nd: Pass to Rice for 1 yard
3rd: Pass to Rice for 19 yards
4th: Pass to Pacheco for 14 yards (the TD that was marked short)
5th: Pacheco 1 yard TD

I’d call it solid. Interested what the all 22 guys say about it.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:35 PM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I was curious so I just went back and looked at his plays. What you said is not true at all. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

- 1st play was a run on 3rd and short. He pushed his man forward about 4 yards.
- 2nd play was a defender trying to go back and forth to beat him and he held his own, ending the defender's pass rush in a pancake.
- 3rd play, he got beat on the outside rush but did push the defender all the way around and Mahomes was able to step up. I would much rather that than allowing pressure up inside.
- 4th play was some type of screen where he blocked at first but then went way out to the left and blocked off the defender from recovering to make a tackle on Pacheco, who was way out on the left side. That was the play that Pacheco got into the end zone but the officials spotted him short and that Andy did not challenge.
- 5th play was a goal line run that went to the right side. He did OK on this rep, nothing spectacular but not bad, either.

So, all in all, he did alright.
[Reply]
PHOG 04:20 PM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I was curious so I just went back and looked at his plays. What you said is not true at all. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

- 2nd play was a defender trying to go back and forth to beat him and he held his own, ending the defender's pass rush in a pancake.
- 3rd play, he got beat on the outside rush but did push the defender all the way around and Mahomes was able to step up. I would much rather that than allowing pressure up inside.
- 4th play was some type of screen where he blocked at first but then went way out to the left and blocked off the defender from recovering to make a tackle on Pacheco, who was way out on the left side. That was the play that Pacheco got into the end zone but the officials spotted him short and that Andy did not challenge.
- 5th play was a goal line run that went to the right side. He did OK on this rep, nothing spectacular but not bad, either.

Thanks!
[Reply]
TEX 04:30 PM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Boy would THAT be fantastic!
[Reply]
JPH83 04:33 PM 11-27-2023
They need a R2 OT pick unless there's really nothing left. Taylor's contract is the issue. If you could get that at LT and be comfortable Mahomes won't get blown up you could pick these developmental guys for RT every year until one sticks. But I suppose you don't know what you got until you play them.
[Reply]
TLO 04:36 PM 11-27-2023
That seems optimistic, but would be ideal IMO.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:47 PM 11-27-2023
Felt like a smart play call on the misdirect screen to Wanya's side

Help a n00b out
[Reply]
O.city 05:05 PM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Boy would THAT be fantastic!
Originally Posted by JPH83:
They need a R2 OT pick unless there's really nothing left. Taylor's contract is the issue. If you could get that at LT and be comfortable Mahomes won't get blown up you could pick these developmental guys for RT every year until one sticks. But I suppose you don't know what you got until you play them.
Originally Posted by TLO:
That seems optimistic, but would be ideal IMO.
People need to understand that he just needs to be competent while he learns. Pat is great at evading the rush, so give the guy some help. But yeah, if he can become the LT for a couple seasons on a 3rd round contract?

That's great stuff.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:10 PM 11-27-2023

Thanks Lzen!
[Reply]
JimNasium 05:18 PM 11-27-2023

Thanks for setting the record straight, Lzen. Streisand Planet never disappoints.
Some folks just can’t let go of their personal narratives.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 34
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up