ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign DT Danny Shelton
Dante84 02:00 PM 08-09-2022

Chiefs and veteran free-agent defensive tackle Danny Shelton have agreed to terms on a one-year contract, per his agents @DrewJRosenhaus and @RyanMatha. Shelton was most recently with the Giants.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 9, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:54 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But long-term Chris Jones is gonna be an issue as soon as next season and Nnadi is looking more and more JAG every year.

Now if Cook can backfill for Thornhill and be a starting, every down safety for the next few years - okay, the pick is fine.

But if Travis Jones ends up being a plus starting DT and Cook ends up as a downhill thumper sort of 3rd safety - it's a miss.

There's just a lot of story left to be written here. And man, there was a LOT of talent on the board when we took Cook. Sure, he was the 4th guy we selected, but the guy's still a 2nd round pick. "At least competent" really shouldn't be seen as the bar for success here.
I think Jones will come back on a new deal. And it just seems that Spags really doesn't give a shit about his DTs. Get a couple of guys that can do certain jobs and piece it together. Jones and Wharton will be back next year and they'll probably draft a DT in the first 3 rounds and grab another in FA to round out that group.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:55 AM 08-16-2022
The fuck were the Jags going to do? Run out 8 defensive linemen?
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:25 AM 08-16-2022
There's just no way that guy makes it to 45, right?
345? Hard to say
[Reply]
kccrow 11:28 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The fuck were the Jags going to do? Run out 8 defensive linemen?
They could have used a strong 4th DT in their rotation but he wasn't a necessity for them either.
[Reply]
bsp4444 12:06 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I wish they would have drafted this guy instead of Cook. Now they’re forced to sign journeymen like Shelton.

Damn, the Ravens sure know how to draft Defense.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:59 PM 08-16-2022
There's just no way that guy makes it to 45, right?
No chance unless he makes some real changes. That dude looks 4 bills easy. He'll have a massive coronary if he doesn't do some serious nutritional work.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:10 PM 08-16-2022
Wow. Honestly impressed he's managed to get a satchel ass that wide. Legit almost past his shoulderpads.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:19 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think Jones will come back on a new deal. And it just seems that Spags really doesn't give a shit about his DTs. Get a couple of guys that can do certain jobs and piece it together. Jones and Wharton will be back next year and they'll probably draft a DT in the first 3 rounds and grab another in FA to round out that group.
I don't hate the argument. I get it, Spags likes a 3rd safety, Sorensen was hot trash, in this system draft the guy who's integral. I just think the talent level matters. I'm fine with the build from the back mentality but Jones, imo, would've elevated that DT and DL significantly. Cook with the secondary, maybe, but the loss of Sorensen alone elevates it. Like i say, I don't hate it and hopefully Cook makes me eat crow.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:29 PM 08-16-2022
My thoughts on Feast Mode:

[Reply]
BossChief 02:52 PM 08-16-2022
Signing Shelton has a specified purpose they see a need for because this DL coach preaches being in top shape. And Shelton looks like he weighs 425 pounds or so. He seemed to move well for a man his size, though.

Damn that’s a huge man.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:56 PM 08-16-2022
That guy is approaching a Gilbert Brown level of fatness on the field.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:01 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
Damn, the Ravens sure know how to draft Defense.
For the most part the Ravens have succeeded by just not getting cute.

Hamilton and Linderbaum were just extremely steady picks who are almost surefire plus players. Ojabo is a great risk/reward play and Jones in the 3rd was a damn steal.

Oweh and Stephens were similar in 2021,queen, Dobbins and Harrison in 2020. The board really comes their way quite a bit and they just stay pretty conventional with it. And by and large it works out for them.

And then having SIX picks in the 4th round this year didn't hurt either. You're gonna get some talent there, especially in this draft. They've had 4 first rounders over the last 2 seasons. They had 4 3rd rounders back in 2020. The Ravens just routinely stockpile draft capital and then stay pretty measured in the guys they draft.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:03 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That guy is approaching a Gilbert Brown level of fatness on the field.
there’s a nsme I hadn’t heard in awhile.

I lived through ordering a Gilbert brown burger back in the day.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:43 PM 08-16-2022
Spags didn’t act too excited about him except he liked his personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
xztop123 05:06 PM 08-16-2022
Can anyone name a bigger chiefs player ever?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up