ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Media Center>What was the first song you liked?
Stewie 08:31 PM 05-25-2022
Disregarding nursery rhymes and anything before age 6...

What's your first memory of a song that really caught your ear?

For me it was "Henry the Eighth" by Herman's Hermits. Catchy, and I could sing along to the simple lyrics. I think I was 6 or 7.

Also...

What was the first music you bought with your own money? Single, Album, etc..
[Reply]
SuperChief 07:20 AM 05-27-2022
First few albums I bought with my own money were Blues Traveler - Four, Collective Soul's self titled, and Faith No More's Greatest Hits.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:39 AM 05-27-2022
I was 3 years old, my Dad had this album and I loved to play it (I figured out how to use a record player young).

But if we're talking rock, it would be this when I was 4-5:

[Reply]
scho63 01:36 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
My mom used to sing this to me and my siblings before bed, so I'll go with this one:
God damn near shed a tear thinking of this......:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I was 3-4 and my older "sister" loved this song and played it non stop.

If asked when that song came out I would immediately say "1985" because only something smack ass in the middle of the 80s can sound THAT 80s.

By 88 things started to sound like the 90s. And in 82 things still kinda sounded like the 70s.

But christ on a cracker that sounds like the 80s so I'm gonna just assume that came out in June of 1985.

EDIT: Nailed it...almost. February of 1985.

How'd they manage to find 7 cut-rate Lionel Richie's for that video? You could tell me that entire song/video is an SNL skit that didn't quite land and I'd believe you.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:10 PM 05-27-2022
What is the earliest song I can remember hearing and really liking?

Rosanna by super-band Toto.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:17 PM 05-27-2022
So get this - I sent the Debarge video to a group text with some softball/drinking buddies and asked them if they could come up with anything more 80s than this.

One of the guys on there calls me cracking up. On football Sundays at the bar he always goes, prior to kickoff, they troll touchtunes to play the most obnoxiously 80s song they can find. They take their shot, settle up and the 'winner' gets a couple beers out of the deal.

They have one rule: No DeBarge

Because there is no beating DeBarge in a 'what's the most 80s thing imaginable' showdown.

I have been vindicated.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 03:26 PM 05-27-2022
Loved my mom and dad's Three Dog Night album.

One and Joy to the World were my first ever songs I remember liking as a young lad.

[Reply]
Rasputin 03:35 PM 05-27-2022
I'm pretty sure it was this song by Johnny Horton

But I think my first recollection Pink Panther theme I'd like to sneak around and be sneaky, we had it on record with chipmunks ALVIN Simon Theodore.

But also this song I heard over and over when i was little and it's nostalgic for me to listen too after my Grandparents took me and my brother in and away from. Anyways this is the Rhinestone Cowboy it was really catchy to me

Also we had an 8 track of Judas Priest but i didn't remember any of the songs but I liked them and my first introduction to Rock and Roll.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:45 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Loved my mom and dad's Three Dog Night album.

One and Joy to the World were my first ever songs I remember liking as a young lad.
Always enjoyed Mama Told Me Not to Come.

And yeah, Joy to the World was always "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" for me as a kid. Also a good one.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 04:30 PM 05-27-2022
the first song I liked was Elvira. my dad blasted Oak ridge Boys music a lot. the first musician I liked was Roy Orbison, all his songs were great. I was 5 or 6 at the time.

the first song I loved was NIB by Sabbath. I heard that when I was 12 IIRC
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:50 PM 05-27-2022
I have no idea the first song I liked. And I owned albums that I got as presents or that I asked my mom to buy for me at the store.

Not totally sure the first one I paid for at the register myself. Might have been either Styx Pieces of Eight or a Best of ZZ Top album.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:54 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Always enjoyed Mama Told Me Not to Come.

And yeah, Joy to the World was always "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" for me as a kid. Also a good one.
And I still enjoy that song. It cracks me up.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:20 PM 05-27-2022
I know one of the first songs I really liked was Uptown Girl by William Joel. When I was 4 or 5 I would play it over and over and ride on my little horsey on springs like I was The Lone Ranger. Also really liked Thriller and Billie Jean. These were cassettes my parents had.

Dark Side of the Moon. What a blessing it was for that to be the first album I ever heard while high. Cranked up really loud in my friend's car. I owe him for that one.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:37 PM 05-27-2022
I think it was probably get over it from the eagles reunion show Hell Freezes Over when i was 5 or 6. My dad watched that vhs so much and I loved it. Haven't heard it in 20 years and could still recite it word for word.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:38 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Stewie:

What was the first music you bought with your own money? Single, Album, etc..
This was the Space Jam soundtrack on cassette with the money I got for my 7th birthday.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up