Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Bowser 10:03 AM 05-04-2022
niiiiice
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:17 AM 05-04-2022
Honestly, since they started with the spin-offs, this is the only one I've truly, DESPERATELY wanted. When they showed they could kill it with Rogue One, this was always the Holy Grail.

Watching Ewan McGregor just knock every scene out of the park during the prequel trilogy was like watching Jamaal Charles during the Pioli years. You knew you were witnessing true greatness and seeing it be wasted in the most tragic way possible.

I'm still firmly in the 'fuck the main story' camp and ultimately Disney can still lick my balls.

But this is going to kick so very much ass.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:01 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Honestly, since they started with the spin-offs, this is the only one I've truly, DESPERATELY wanted. When they showed they could kill it with Rogue One, this was always the Holy Grail.

Watching Ewan McGregor just knock every scene out of the park during the prequel trilogy was like watching Jamaal Charles during the Pioli years. You knew you were witnessing true greatness and seeing it be wasted in the most tragic way possible.

I'm still firmly in the 'fuck the main story' camp and ultimately Disney can still lick my balls.

But this is going to kick so very much ass.
This has been me as well. And frankly, I’m fucking tired of waiting for it.

I also agree with everything else you said. And the new trailer has me completely stoked. My only concern, is the involvement of Hayden Christensen. Hopefully being behind the helmet, and hopefully his dialogue is voiced over by JEJ or some competent replacement, it is a non-issue.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:03 AM 05-04-2022
Hayden is going to have plenty of scenes without the helmet, and there will be Clone Wars flashbacks.

And given a competent script and director, he will do just fine, as he did before the prequels ruined his career.

This is going to give us a little taste of what could have been.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:33 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Hayden is going to have plenty of scenes without the helmet, and there will be Clone Wars flashbacks.

And given a competent script and director, he will do just fine, as he did before the prequels ruined his career.

This is going to give us a little taste of what could have been.
I certainly hope you’re right.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:19 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I certainly hope you’re right.
QFT
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:46 PM 05-04-2022
This gave me a huge nerd boner.

WANTED
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Offenses: High Treason
Bounty Upon Capture

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:06 PM 05-04-2022
I've never really gotten the hate for Hayden anyway. Dude got absolutely fucked by Lucas and his scripting.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:13 PM 05-04-2022
:-) Why does that one Inquisitor keep his spinny saber on his back like that?

Edit: nevermind, guess most of them stash their spinny sabers on their backs.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:17 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I've never really gotten the hate for Hayden anyway. Dude got absolutely fucked by Lucas and his scripting.
Well sure but, so did everyone. Yet, as already pointed out, McGregor made the most of it and turned performances that were amongst the few bright spots of the trilogy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:19 PM 05-04-2022
Hayden shouldn't be penalized for not being as good of an actor as Ewan.

Portman's performances were just as bad.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:35 PM 05-04-2022

[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:23 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Hayden shouldn't be penalized for not being as good of an actor as Ewan.
Nor should he be rewarded for it.

Originally Posted by :
Portman's performances were just as bad.
Agreed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Maybe.

But you're gonna tell me he didn't compound the problem?

Watch that movie where they teleport around with the super cute brunette (don't remember what it's called; I think Sam Jackson was in it and the little short guy that was in Washington's Spies who I think should be James Bond). He sucked hard in that movie as well. The short guy blew him off the screen, Sam Jackson did Sam Jackson overacting things and STILL made him look bad.

He's just a shitty actor. Maybe he's better now, I dunno. But Christensen's career was going to tank anyway because he sucked at his job.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:55 PM 05-04-2022
The only times I found him unbearable during the Star Wars movies was the romance plot in Clone Wars. Other parts he was at least serviceable in that movie and for the most part I thought he was decent in Revenge of the Sith.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 54
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up